"Lorraine" interrupted by building evacuation.

2»

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Housewives and the unemployed need something to stimulate them though

You know that people other than Housewives the unemployed and students watch daytime TV, like people who work nights evenings weekends or part time or even people having a holiday from work ;-)
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite well handled I thought. Lorraine was a pro, and the X Factor girl seemed sweet.

In other X-Factor news, Gathan (a loser from a few years back) served me in a mobile phone shop at lunchtime.

A pro yes but not in broadcasting. 😃😃😃

This tragic old decript harpie needs bannished from tv.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    You know that people other than Housewives the unemployed and students watch daytime TV, like people who work nights evenings weekends or part time or even people having a holiday from work ;-)

and those with man flu ;-)
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BCO1 wrote: »
    In a workplace, you'd generally be expected to wait for management or a Fire Marshall to give the go ahead on whether you need to evacuate

Not in any building I've ever been in. the rule is: If the Fire Bell rings, GET OUT!

In fact, our building had evacuation time targets to meet - and we NEVER announced test evacuations -- we simply rang the bell. Anyone who continued working at their desk was given a black mark and a bollocking by their manager.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Not in any building I've ever been in. the rule is: If the Fire Bell rings, GET OUT!

In fact, our building had evacuation time targets to meet - and we NEVER announced test evacuations -- we simply rang the bell. Anyone who continued working at their desk was given a black mark and a bollocking by their manager.

In our 8 story office block we have weekly scheduled alarm tests where we don't evacuate (alarm cycles 8 times). If an alarm cycles longer than 8 times during the test or any other time, we have to evacuate.
    The above procedure is approved by the fire authority.