NFL 2014-15 thread

Comments

• Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nearly always a red hot Super Bowl favourite at start of each season yet most times it proves wrong - New England Patriots 2005 to 2013 is a case in point. Apart from the Brady injury year I thought nobody could stop them winning the Super Bowl yet each year they were stopped one way or another. So don't assume Da 'hawks are gonna stroll it.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Seahawks remind me of the Patriots of 2001-2004 though. They have the biggest advantage in football, a QB on a rookie contract who they drafted late but who is performing at a top 10 level. They are therefore able to surround him with weapons on offence and an incredible defence. That Pats team won 3 of 4 Super Bowls in those years and I really would not be surprised at all if Seattle did the same in the next couple of years.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with the highlights . Aaron Rodgers didn't throw once in the direction of Sherman for the whole game ! (33 passing attempts)

Now that's what I call an intimidating defence
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's a great start to the season for the Pats. 3 and out on offence, blocked punt and down 7-0. Room for improvement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just switched over

The Gronk is on the field 😄
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the Gronk gets his first TD of the season😄
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Awesome start and now the Steelers are back to doing what they always do to me, always the hard way. Tied in the game again.

Beautiful fake punt!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a worrying start for the Pats. Blown away in the second half.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    The Browns came back from 27-3 at half time then lost in the final second - same old going nowhere season for them I suspect.

This Cowboys 49ers game looks like it could be an offence fest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray Rice has had his contract terminated by the Ravens and placed on indefinite suspension by the NFL after new footage surfaced of him punching his then girlfriend ( now his wife) in the face which was caught on security camera in the lift

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ekaflcqq
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Ray Rice has had his contract terminated by the Ravens and placed on indefinite suspension by the NFL after new footage surfaced of him punching his then girlfriend ( now his wife) in the face which was caught on security camera in the lift

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ekaflcqq

whilst I think he deserves everything that has happened to him , I have zero time for any guy that would do what he did, there is a bit of a question over how this has all came about

they knew what he had done for a long time , the incident took place in February I believe , but its only been because of the release of these videos showing the incident and the public reaction to them that has led to these actions , so it kinda leaves a bit of a bad taste that if he had done this and hadn't been seen on video , even tho everyone still knew what he had done then they might have just brushed it under the carpet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    they knew what he had done for a long time , the incident took place in February I believe , but its only been because of the release of these videos showing the incident and the public reaction to them that has led to these actions

The NFL (and the Ravens) are claiming that they had not seen the footage inside the lift before yesterday. They say that they went on the testimony of Rice and the victim suggesting she was somehow partly responsible for the altercation (I know it's sick) like maybe she attacked him and he was just pushing her away and she fell into a railing and got knocked out. Therefore they claim it's not just the public reaction to seeing the video that leads to new sanctions it's that them seeing the video for the first time (their claim) proved that Rice had lied to them in how he characterised the incident.

TMZ say they will release information today proving that the NFL had seen the lift video before.

As well as the NFL and the Ravens having huge questions to answer the NJ police/prosecutors must be called to account because they definitely had access to this footage. Ray Rice should be in a prison cell now.
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    The NFL (and the Ravens) are claiming that they had not seen the footage inside the lift before yesterday. They say that they went on the testimony of Rice and the victim suggesting she was somehow partly responsible for the altercation (I know it's sick) like maybe she attacked him and he was just pushing her away and she fell into a railing and got knocked out. Therefore they claim it's not just the public reaction to seeing the video that leads to new sanctions it's that them seeing the video for the first time (their claim) proved that Rice had lied to them in how he characterised the incident.

TMZ say they will release information today proving that the NFL had seen the lift video before.

As well as the NFL and the Ravens having huge questions to answer the NJ police/prosecutors must be called to account because they definitely had access to this footage. Ray Rice should be in a prison cell now.

a lot of journalists are being quite critical of how the NFL have handled this issue , basically accusing them of only responding when the public reaction to the videos is being seen to tarnish the image of the league

for example , a member of the 49ers was arrested and charged just last week after a domestic dispute where he allegedly assaulted his pregnant wife , he played at the weekend against the cowboys.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The earliest of days of course, but the sight of the opposition running back waltzing through the Patriots defense at will was a familiar sight from last season.

Patriots own running game never got going, while the lack of protection for Brady is extremely worrying. Brady himself wasn't at his best missing a couple targets he normally hits in his sleep!

I will remain positive, remembering the eventual outcome the last time the Patriots lost their opening encounter.
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    As a long suffering Dolphins fan, I really, really, really enjoyed the start to the season. :D

Of course, I fully expect us now to lose to the Bills, but the O-Line is soooo much better than last year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Don't you guys sympathize a bit with Ray?

When he talked about his daughter in that interview** I kind of felt sorry for him, I mean it's a problem between him and his wife, it must feel awful.. With the world knowing and all that. I mean he knows he did wrong, but we don't know what they were fighting about and to be honest it looks like his wife was kinda aggressive too.

** Decided to post the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0BR842hkaY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you guys sympathize a bit with Ray?...
    ...we don't know what they were fighting about and to be honest it looks like his wife was kinda aggressive too.

:o

Unbelievable that anyone could still think this way in 2014.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    :o

Unbelievable that anyone could still think this way in 2014.

Yes, badly worded at best, completely wrong at worst. I wouldn't say I have sympathy for Ray, but I feel it's such a shame that such a good career can be ended with one moment of complete madness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are now calling this the worst week in the history of the NFL because today super star RB Adrian Peterson was indicted on a charge of beating his 4 year old child with a stick. Unclear whether he will play this week.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/
    (warning, link contains images of the injuries suffered by the 4 year old)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graphic account of the abuse here:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

The Vikings have announced Peterson will not play Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graphic account of the abuse here:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

The Vikings have announced Peterson will not play Sunday.

Can't see him playing anytime soon

from the nfl site :

Lt. Brady Fitzgerald of the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office confirmed to NFL Media that a warrant has been issued for Peterson's arrest and that they have investigated the case. Arrangements are being made between authorities and Peterson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, for the player to turn himself in.
    Forum Member
    after the ray rice controversy of earlier in the week I cant see how the NFL can do anything but at least give the same punishment

Peterson is one of the biggest names in the league and I really don't think they can be seen to be giving him preferential treatment just because he is one of their poster boys
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Absolute shocker on Thursday. Brilliant start against the Browns and then we turn in a performance like that, shocking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pats much more like it against the Peterson less Vikings. Offence still not really firing but the defence and special teams ran the show after an early Vikings TD.

In the late games the Jets are whipping the Packers at Lambeau, can't work out if the Jets are much better than everyone thought or the Pack are much worse.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Jets. Perfect time to call a timeout. :D