Palace Supporters Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Benteke signing finally confirmed . Thought the saga would never end.

Now all he has to do is remember who he's signed for.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/20/christian-benteke-thinks-hes-left-liverpool-for-burnley-rather-than-crystal-palace-6079920/
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Benteke. score the goals and you will become a hero.

todays team:

Hennessey; Ward, Dann (c), Delaney, Souare; Puncheon, Ledley; Townsend, Lee, Zaha; Wickham.

Subs: Speroni, Tomkins, Kelly, Cabaye, Mutch, Ladapo, Anderson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HT 0-0.

Rubbish going forward again. doesn't seem any point in playing Wickham, the poor bloke is getting no service whatsoever.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Plus side - we haven't conceded. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT 1-0 defeat.

anyone surprised? no, thought not.

Vorm could have set up a deckchair in his penalty box.

and what's that saying about never making subs when you're defending a corner?
    Forum Member
    We improved in the second half, but still never looked like scoring.

Really need to improve the midfield. Cabaye was the only one who looked half decent in there today.
  • Chris_WilsonChris_Wilson Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    FT 1-0 defeat.

anyone surprised? no, thought not.

Vorm could have set up a deckchair in his penalty box.

and what's that saying about never making subs when you're defending a corner?

I wasnt surprised by that at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    our league form since we won at Stoke on Dec 19th 2015:

DDLLLLLDLLDLLDWDDLLWLLL

W2
    D7
    L14

that's 13 points from the last 69 available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonights team:

Mandanda; Kelly, Dann (c), Tomkins, Souare; McArthur, Cabaye; Puncheon, Mutch, Townsend; Benteke.

Subs: Speroni, Fryers, Boateng, Lee, Zaha, Anderson, Wickham.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT 2-0

Dann & Wickham with the goals. very comfortable overall.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see that Benteke started, even though he may not have been fit enough to play the whole match.

It looks as though Wickham has embraced the competition for places on the team by scoring! :)
    Forum Member
    It may only have been Blackpool, but finally a win, a couple of goals and a clean sheet feels good.

Now watch it all come crumbling down again on Saturday.
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    not really reading too much in to last night seeing as it was league 2 opposition but it was good to see mandanda and benteke make their debuts... i like the look of tomkins too...

saturday is already a massive game as is the next few after it... results have to improve drastically.
    Forum Member
    And we get another cup draw away at Southampton. Every bloody season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Without wishing to sound like a dick, but why would Spurs want him?

He's one of my favourite ever players, but hardly likely to be someone to help them win the league or do well in Europe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    Without wishing to sound like a dick, but why would Spurs want him?

He's one of my favourite ever players, but hardly likely to be someone to help them win the league or do well in Europe.

So potential windfall for Man. Utd. as I believe there was a sell-on clause when we bought him? Financially we will have done quite well I suppose, making a profit when selling him to MU and another profit selling him to Spurs.

Apparently he is keen on the move as he will get Champions League football (assuming he makes the team this time, instead of not playing, as happened at Man. Utd.)

Not optimistic now of avoiding relegation this season - hopefully we would bounce back though?
    Forum Member
    much like bolasie on his day zaha is unplayable but also much like bolasie unfortunately those days are few & far between... yeah, he can be brilliant and do some amazing things at times but the crux of it is he is still lousy at crossing, even lousier at finishing/scoring and his decision making at times leaves a lot to be desired...

...the biggest disappointment for me if he were to go is the reported fee... we get a £30m deal for bolasie who is 4 years older but only £15m for zaha? that would be nuts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    ...the biggest disappointment for me if he were to go is the reported fee... we get a £30m deal for bolasie who is 4 years older but only £15m for zaha? that would be nuts.

the £15m offer has been rejected flat out as derisory.

This has all come from his agent so it could be a ploy to get him a better contract. we all know that he's unhappy with his current one.
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    the £15m offer has been rejected flat out as derisory.

This has all come from his agent so it could be a ploy to get him a better contract. we all know that he's unhappy with his current one.

He only signed it last year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    He only signed it last year

Yeah and then he found out what the likes of Sako, Puncheon and Cabaye are earning and thanks to his agent stirring things up has become unhappy.
    Forum Member
    I wish I had a job where I could sign a contract and then start pressuring my employers for a wage rise not long after.
    Forum Member
    Probably bad form to follow my own post with another...

But Steve Parish has been on Talksport and said there's no chance of Wilf leaving this summer. He also said Spurs bid £12m.

They're a ****ing laughable club.
    Forum Member
    so all spurs have really suceeded in doing is unsettling the player... cheers for that.

if deep down he really does want to go then he can do one... we need players who are fully committed to palace not players who's heads get turned on a whim or who believe that are bigger & better than they actually are...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    today's team:

Mandanda; Ward, Dann (c), Delaney, Souare; Townsend, McArthur, Cabaye, Puncheon; Benteke, Wickham.

Subs: Speroni, Tomkins, Kelly, Boateng, Ledley, Lee, Zaha.