Tesco Clubcard iTunes offer

These offers on iTunes don't crop up very often so I thought it might be worth mentioning that Tesco Clubcard users can exchange their vouchers online for a half-price £25 iTunes code sent by email -- so long as you have the required minimum of £12.50 of unused Clubcard vouchers for each one ordered (I've just received two).

It's a limited offer, 25,000 of the £25 codes are available in total and roughly half of them have gone so far (I don't know how long the offer has been available for, but they tend to go ever more quickly once news spreads).

The iTunes codes turned up in an email sent roughly ten minutes after the order confirmation email which is a helluva lot better than Tesco's previous similar promotions in past years, which was a ridiculous rigmarole where you:
a) ordered the promotion online
b) waited to receive a Tesco iTunes voucher in the post
c) took Tesco iTunes voucher to Tesco store to exchange for a free iTunes gift card (once you found a store that actually sold them)
d) finally entered code in the iTunes gift card into iTunes :p

Comments

• rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been available for about 2 weeks now, not really going to well.

Strange as they usually sell out very fast
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that - just ordered some :D

Its saying there are 13139 left
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    rottweiler wrote: »
    Been available for about 2 weeks now, not really going to well.

Strange as they usually sell out very fast

That is odd. Though I only found out about it late yesterday in a weekly email from Martin Lewis's MSE, and I guess what happens is a snowball effect once more and more people are notified which causes the remainder to go quite quickly.

It's a good way to get iOS apps, that's for sure. For anything else like music, it might be cheaper elsewhere (legally).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    It seems all the £25 iTunes codes have now gone, but has immediately been replaced by the older same value offer of a £25 iTunes giftcard for £12.50 of Clubcard points, the only difference being that this involves the ridiculous procedure I mentioned in the start of this thread:

a) ordered the promotion online (£25 Tesco iTunes voucher for £12.50 of Clubcard voucher codes)
    b) waited to receive the Tesco iTunes voucher in the post
    c) took Tesco iTunes voucher to Tesco store to exchange for a free £25 iTunes gift card (once you found a store that actually sold them)
    d) finally entered the code in the iTunes gift card into iTunes, so what could have taken ten minutes at home ends up taking at least a week plus a trip to a Tesco store that sells the iTunes gift-cards.

The plus-side of course is you can use the gift-card as a gift to family or friends, which looks a bit nicer than handing them a 16-character code you've printed out or written down on a piece of paper, even though they both have the same value at the end of the day :p

Anyway they're doing 40,000 of the £25 iTunes gift-cards, of which they were down to about 33,000 when I looked a few minutes ago.