Options

Taylor Swift is on fire!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I applaud you for spending hours tracking that down, wish I had so much spare time. See what you haven't posted is the smilie that went with my comments so clearly that makes your post here null and void as you have spun it.
    Maybe you can now dig out the many posts where I have defended adele against those who crtitised her weight.
    I look forward to you finding all my posts and posting them here.

Only took me a few minutes actually, thanks to DS advanced searching. So the smiley changes it completely does it? a :D can mean anything. I've made no spin on it.

Sadly for you I am not sad enough to do such a thing plus I doubt I'd find any results even if I did search
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Only took me a few minutes actually, thanks to DS advanced searching. So the smiley changes it completely does it? a :D can mean anything. I've made no spin on it.

Sadly for you I am not sad enough to do such a thing plus I doubt I'd find any results even if I did search

I am not feeding you anymore... but yes the smilies change the whole complex of a comment, thats how you know what the person means when they post things, that is somewhat the idea of smillies.

If it only took you a few minutes to find that post:yawn: then it should only take you a few minutes to find the posts I am talking about, you know people like to see both sides you know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am not feeding you anymore... but yes the smilies change the whole complex of a comment, thats how you know what the person means when they post things, that is somewhat the idea of smillies.

If it only took you a few minutes to find that post:yawn: then it should only take you a few minutes to find the posts I am talking about, you know people like to see both sides you know.

"feed you" okay I'll allow you to think like that and I'm not sure they always do, people are quick to make judgment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These threads are the gifts that keep on giving
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "feed you" okay I'll allow you to think like that and I'm not sure they always do, people are quick to make judgment

But they ar the people who are best ignored. Most people understand whats banter and what serious, smillies help, thats why I try to use them so people understand when its a tounge in cheek comment.
    But this is way off topic back onto taylor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But they ar the people who are best ignored. Most people understand whats banter and what serious, smillies help, thats why I try to use them so people understand when its a tounge in cheek comment.
    But this is way off topic back onto taylor.

Hmm seems I should have put a ;) on the end. Anyway
  • Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wont get them annoucning a 25M now as they will wait until xmas time when she goes through 30M. I doubt I am gonna like RED but its gonna appeal to the chart pop masses so will sell huge numbers. And of course this will result in taylors new "chart pop army" buying her other albums as well but guess many will be very dissapointed when they realise the other albums sound nothing like Red.
    Guess in 24 months time or so we will be talking about Taylor going through the 50M.
    I cant wait to see just howe many copies it sells on release week in the states, could it hit 2M? SN sold over a million without the backing of the chart pop masses.
    It would be great if she was pushing 50 millions in a couple years time but I doubt it. I would think that when all said and done Red will sell around 11-12 million worldwide. Massive sales of course but she still just doesn't have the mass appeal worldwide to push towards the really special sales figures, one single won't change that.

I love predicting first week sales! I haven't seen any quoted figures on how many Big Machine has actually shipped but I suspect it will ship double platinum and sell around 1.25 million first week, maybe pushing Britneys first week female record of 1.32. It's just impossible to be selling 2million first week in this climate. It's only happened once and I personally don't see it ever happening again.

It will definitely be the biggest selling debut for 7 years (50 Cent)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    It would be great if she was pushing 50 millions in a couple years time but I doubt it. I would think that when all said and done Red will sell around 11-12 million worldwide. Massive sales of course but she still just doesn't have the mass appeal worldwide to push towards the really special sales figures, one single won't change that.

I love predicting first week sales! I haven't seen any quoted figures on how many Big Machine has actually shipped but I suspect it will ship double platinum and sell around 1.25 million first week, maybe pushing Britneys first week female record of 1.32. It's just impossible to be selling 2million first week in this climate. It's only happened once and I personally don't see it ever happening again.

It will definitely be the biggest selling debut for 7 years (50 Cent)

Yeah 50M may be a step too far in 24 months but who knows, a lot wll depend on the rest of the album, if its very taylor like then it wont happen but if it continues in a simular style to the singles then many pop fans will buy it.
    TBH album sales are not that important to me personally, I would much rather her keep her old sound and sell less.
    Shame she wont be finishing the album with another rock style anthem, we had change on Fearless and long live on SN but begin again is not really in that vein at all.
    Guess taylor fans are gonna like or lump her new style, a new era along with maybe a new fanbase who knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm seems I should have put a ;) on the end. Anyway

TBH forgot I even made that comment, that was how "tounge it cheek" it must have been when I wrote it.
  • Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah 50M may be a step too far in 24 months but who knows, a lot wll depend on the rest of the album, if its very taylor like then it wont happen but if it continues in a simular style to the singles then many pop fans will buy it.
    TBH album sales are not that important to me personally, I would much rather her keep her old sound and sell less.
    Shame she wont be finishing the album with another rock style anthem, we had change on Fearless and long live on SN but begin again is not really in that vein at all.
    Guess taylor fans are gonna like or lump her new style, a new era along with maybe a new fanbase who knows.
    I'd be lying if I didn't care about US sales because I do :o International sales not so much. I agree though I would rather have a quality album that sells a couple of hundred thousand than one that smashes records but is substandard

Didn't think about the album closure until you brought that up, It is indeed a shame. I think Begin Again is great and wouldn't look out of place in any of her albums but Change and Long Live are special tracks. As far as I'm concerned Long Live is her masterpiece. Amazing anthem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I didn't care about US sales because I do :o International sales not so much. I agree though I would rather have a quality album that sells a couple of hundred thousand than one that smashes records but is substandard

Didn't think about the album closure until you brought that up, It is indeed a shame. I think Begin Again is great and wouldn't look out of place in any of her albums but Change and Long Live are special tracks. As far as I'm concerned Long Live is her masterpiece. Amazing anthem.

I agree I always pay attention to taylors US sales but guess I look more at what she has achieved live as IMO that more related to her real success.

Yeah long live is a classic, live its amazing and the song has great lyrics and meaning, love change as well, maybe the heaviest song she has done and the few live performances I have seen of it have been awesome, that 10 minute version she did at sound relief at the sydney cricket ground in Oz is still one of my favourite live performances by her and her band ever. And the speech was amazing considering she stated she improvised a lot of it as she went.

I do like begin again and Red cant say I am impressed with anything else so far and the latest song clip dont inspire me much either but need to hear more first.
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smilies change everything....

Taylor Swift is talented.
    Geordielady is not a troll

:D;):D;):D;):D;):D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Those 4 new singer-dancers are really jarring, there are IMO too many people now on stage and that's before you even include the mass dancers she has for some performances of WANEGBT. :( she doesn't need 4 and she doesn't need this whole mass dancer set up either. The back up singers aren't any good either/don't suit Taylor's vocals.
    I get that they needed to replace Liz Huett but 4 is overkill. Should have been 2 maximum.

I love Fearless and Speak Now, and admitttedly I do prefer the less country side of her music BUT I think its possible that its gone too far in that direction for Red which sadly feels quite generic and not undeniably Taylor.

I do like WANEGBT but I also like Safe and Sound, I hope she has managed to incorporate some of the S&S sound on Red. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Just heard State of Grace.... dont really like :( i dont think it goes anywhere!

My fave Taylor songs are....

Picture to Burn
    Our Song
    Fearless
    Back to December
    Crazier
    The Story of Us
    Enchanted
    Begin Again

I think i could just list forever :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    t-swizzle wrote: »
    Just heard State of Grace.... dont really like :( i dont think it goes anywhere!

My fave Taylor songs are....

Picture to Burn
    Our Song
    Fearless
    Back to December
    Crazier
    The Story of Us
    Enchanted
    Begin Again

I think i could just list forever :)

There is not one song I dont like on any of her 3 albums, its sometimes hard to pick a favourite or even make a list as you feel bad when you see the songs you have left off ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    "State Of Grace" is absolutely flawless. My God.

She really should have done all songs herself. The difference in quality between IKYWT/WANEGBT and this is staggering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    5 singles before the album release is a bit much though!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly had no idea how big Taylor was in America but i've just been knocked for six after reading Taylor has sold more than Beyonce has her whole solo career in a five year period!!!!

:eek: