The Official Asian Music Thread (Kpop, Jpop, Cpop)

124»

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole AKB48 thing is really disturbing, I don't really follow them but I like a few of their songs, this is just so messed up, I mean, no fanboy can truly be as delusional as to think that the girls in the band are actually theirs right? They couldn't possibly be that dumb? It's just so sinister, it obviously wasn't her choice.
    I've got horrible visions of management holding her down while they shave it all off and she's just laying there in tears, it's disgusting.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if she'd got pregnant, they'd probably make her commit Hara Kiri.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Imagine if she'd got pregnant, they'd probably make her commit Hara Kiri.

You would just be punished and forced to apoligize like Nozomi Tsuji and Jin Akanishi.

I love AKB48, Miichan is one of my oshimens but I hate the no dating rule. I understand why they have it though but Sayaka got in trouble, Minarun got suspended, Naachan and Yonechan were forced to graduate, Sashi sent to HKT and more importantly it led to the graduation of YUKA MASUDA! :mad: :(
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Management companies can be the worst. There have been so many other similar cases ;/

On a slightly lighter note JJ Lin has released a new single from his new album coming out next month,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=goiid7oO10o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been listening to Super Junior M's newest album today, I really like it, very catchy, and Henry is soooooo cute!
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Been listening to Super Junior M's newest album today, I really like it, very catchy, and Henry is soooooo cute!

I was casually humming along to "it's you" which is the second song on the album. One of my friends then asked if i was a one direction fan.... I wanted to punch them so bad! :D

Apparently the instrumental sounds similar to a one direction song?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I was casually humming along to "it's you" which is the second song on the album. One of my friends then asked if i was a one direction fan.... I wanted to punch them so bad! :D

Apparently the instrumental sounds similar to a one direction song?

Haha, it doesn't remind me of any One Direction song that I've heard!
    Forum Member
    Haha, it doesn't remind me of any One Direction song that I've heard!

I wouldn't know :D

To be honest my English music knowledge has gone downhill for the past 5 years. I'm hardly up to date with any new songs in the charts.
  • jazzyminajazzymina Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Anybody love Tarzan by Wonder Boyz? So freaking catchy :D love the watever its called inspired beat.
  • MankoManko Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some good stuff from the Philippines, which always tend s to get overlooked. This is a good slice of Indie/Pop from a band called Imago. I really like this band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AikxN-AtVo
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love SJM I keep meaning to download that album, Break Down & Go sound amazing! Henry is a really talented composer! As far as looks go I personally think Donghae is the most flawless human being looks wise, Henry is very cute though - agreed! He's actually hilarious in their interviews too!

Just wondering if anyone could reccomend some Cpop and Jpop boybands sorta like Sj and shinee etc I've not yet branched away from kpop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the news about T-ara meeting up with Chris Brown? It's so random!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I love SJM I keep meaning to download that album, Break Down & Go sound amazing! Henry is a really talented composer! As far as looks go I personally think Donghae is the most flawless human being looks wise, Henry is very cute though - agreed! He's actually hilarious in their interviews too!

Just wondering if anyone could reccomend some Cpop and Jpop boybands sorta like Sj and shinee etc I've not yet branched away from kpop.

The album is so great, the last track Stand Up has become my favourite SJ song of all except for Opera.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is so great, the last track Stand Up has become my favourite SJ song of all except for Opera.

Will definitely check that out! Ah Opera is such a good song, I also love Gulliver and Butterfly from their latest album, they have a massive amount of great album tracks actually. Think I'll download it when I get home. :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2PM's comeback has really impressed me. A.D.T.O.Y is a very good song. Love it! Jun K, Wooyoung and Chansung are particularly sexy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFnV7Y6iwrA

I never liked Shinee's music but their new album The misconceptions of me is a good pop/rnb album. Orgel, Like a fire, excuse me miss, nightmare and dangerous are standout tracks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL3Kl3z7Ry0

M.I.B are amazing. Hello Gooodbye is the best hip hop song i've heard this year. Pure Art!!! Their new album Money in the Building is very good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSR-Gacyng
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when 2NE1 are releasing new music? English or Korean I don't mind, I just need a new 2NE1 album T_T.

I searched twitter and they're saying June but twitter's so unreliable especially when it comes to 2NE1 music release dates :rolleyes:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when 2NE1 are releasing new music? English or Korean I don't mind, I just need a new 2NE1 album T_T.

I searched twitter and they're saying June but twitter's so unreliable especially when it comes to 2NE1 music release dates :rolleyes:.

I think the plan is that at the end of this month the 2ne1 member CL will release her first single, then in June the group will make a comeback.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F(X) fan.

Yes, the whole K/J/Cpop fan scene can be...very strange...to anyone who's never got into it :cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    F(X) fan.

Yes, the whole K/J/Cpop fan scene can be...very strange...to anyone who's never got into it :cool:.

I love f(x), I think they're coming back soon.
    Yeah it is very odd to those who aren't used to it, it took me months to get used to the style.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CL, EXO, After School, SISTAR and more all having comebacks this summer. Just add in f(x) and my summer playlist will be complete. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    CL, EXO, After School, SISTAR and more all having comebacks this summer. Just add in f(x) and my summer playlist will be complete. :D

I was just thinking this, this summer is gonna be amazing for k-pop, so many good comebacks
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vemsie wrote: »
    PSY could be the cross over act who brings more Asian acts into the US/world markets.

I was hoping Gentleman might have inspired a BEG 'Abracadabra' international re-release, but not to be. :(