Better Call Saul

2»

Comments

• PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Both 'The Killing' and 'Hell on Wheels' did 3 seasons so you can’t consider them flops. Admittedly they weren’t as successful for AMC as Mad Men and Breaking Bad.
    But don’t speak too soon, spin offs often flop themselves. Anyone remember ‘Joey’. :D

They are shooting a fourth season of the ever excellent Hell On Wheels at the moment.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    I have to say, I don't really give a crap about Saul. Good character, but unless they steer well clear of a 'dodgy criminal case of the week' template (which I'm almost certain they won't because what else could they do with him?), I'll be far more interested in following the activities of that guy that did all the dirty work for him. I forget his name, but he stole the show on Breaking Bad, especially in the last season.

Mike Ehrmantraut?
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this isn't a case of oh gosh our most popular program has now finished how can we drip some more cash out of it.

If there has to be a spin off, why not how Gus got his drug/chicken/laundry businesses.

PJ
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could have a whole load of spin-offs. :)

Obviously BCS will have to be judged on its own merits. Looking forward to it but perhaps we shouldn't let our expectations get TOO high.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have got the back story for Gus' spin off ...

He wanted to sell a highly additive but highly dangerous to human health product, but after he managed that by opening the fried chicken shop he moved onto drugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    @ out of Saul initially...Also how can Walt and Jesse even pop their head in preBB days...are they just banking on Saul's comedy potential? It broke the tension in BB but can it carry it's own series?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been renewed before Season 1 is even filmed :)

Also delayed until 2015 though .. boooo !!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/19/better-call-saul-renewed-for-season-2-premiere-delayed-until-2015
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must be confident about the show then. Shame we have to wait so long, though, was looking forward to watching it soon.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news about the renewal, but not so great about the delay. Although if they need a little time to perfect than who am I to argue.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they are waiting for other actors availability before finishing the series? Perhaps Bryan and Aaron are too busy to film their cameos right now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Perhaps they are waiting for other actors availability before finishing the series? Perhaps Bryan and Aaron are too busy to film their cameos right now?

For me, that's the most likely reason.
  • wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't wait for the new show. Breaking bad was an iconic show and I miss it very much. Hope I will like this show.
  • woodrowwoodrow Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, that's the most likely reason.
    Disagree look here
    :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodrow wrote: »
    Disagree look here
    :(

Depends if Vince Gilligan comes up with a good idea though. If Gilligan asked him, he'd absolutely do it. He's said he owes the fact he's got a career to Gilligan.
  • woodrowwoodrow Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends if Vince Gilligan comes up with a good idea though. If Gilligan asked him, he'd absolutely do it. He's said he owes the fact he's got a career to Gilligan.
    Fingers crossed then. Gilligan has got previous convictions for coming up with
    superb story lines :)
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    I really hope this isn't a case of oh gosh our most popular program has now finished how can we drip some more cash out of it.

If there has to be a spin off, why not how Gus got his drug/chicken/laundry businesses.

PJ

That's the one I'd love to see. Gus is my favourite TV villain ever. A very fascinating character. Loved his meticulousness and impeccable manners (even when her was killing folks:p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am never sure about any programme getting second series before the first has been finished filming, ok it gives them safety but with shows like BBT it can make them complacent. Knowing that Vince spent three hours choosing a shade of red nail varnish, I am sure he won't let us down :)
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering how they would manage having Aaron Paul in it. I can see Bryan Cranston doing it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Executive Producer Peter Gould confirms the storyline will be "flexible"
    The producers of “Better Call Saul” — the eagerly anticipated “Breaking Bad” spinoff — tell The News they’ve figured out a way to bring back meth-master Walter White, the schoolteacher-turned-druglord played by Bryan Cranston.

Executive producer Peter Gould says that the show will feature scenes that move back and forth over several decades, including the era where Walter White cooked and sold crystal meth.

Initially, fans believed that the show would take place only in the 1980s and focus just on Saul, the wacky lawyer (played by Bob Odenkirk) who first appeared on “Breaking Bad.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/breaking-bad-spinoff-bring-back-walter-white-article-1.1847159#bmb=1

Even though he insists he wants the story to "stand on it's own", which is good, it does seem that a lot of the focus at the moment is about how to crowbar Walter White and, most likely, Jesse, back on to our screens.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though he insists he wants the story to "stand on it's own", which is good, it does seem that a lot of the focus at the moment is about how to crowbar Walter White and, most likely, Jesse, back on to our screens.

That's my impression too, and it is making me rather dubious about it.

Gilligan is brilliant, but if it essentially becomes 'Breaking Bad: the other angle' it risks being completely contrived, and being remembered as an attempt to squeeze every last drop out of BB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    That's my impression too, and it is making me rather dubious about it.

Gilligan is brilliant, but if it essentially becomes 'Breaking Bad: the other angle' it risks being completely contrived, and being remembered as an attempt to squeeze every last drop out of BB.

I'm also getting a bit uneasy about the idea I must confess. I'm sure it will be great, but it does concern me how contrived it could potentially be.

I was thinking last night that I could see an angle where Saul is somewhere in a room - a jail cell maybe - and he's telling someone stories about what he's been up to in his life.

Something like that gives them scope to be as 'flexible' with the storylines as they need to be and it's not completely contrived either.
  • xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ out of Saul initially...Also how can Walt and Jesse even pop their head in preBB days...are they just banking on Saul's comedy potential? It broke the tension in BB but can it carry it's own series?

In Saul's 1st appearance in Breaking Bad, it was implied that Jesse knew Saul, it some way, shape or form, as he recommended him to Walt. Something about not wanting a Criminal Lawyer, but a CRIMINAL lawyer. :)

It would stand to reason, that Jesse would therefore make an appearance at the very least, towards this end of this show, when they were introduced. Perhaps he'll have a bigger part to play.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the link below the premiere will be on February 8th next year. No date yet for a UK release.

http://blog.tvguide.co.uk/better-call-saul-watch-the-new-trailer/
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the link below the premiere will be on February 8th next year. No date yet for a UK release.

http://blog.tvguide.co.uk/better-call-saul-watch-the-new-trailer/

Good stuff, not long to wait
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I'm also getting a bit uneasy about the idea I must confess. I'm sure it will be great, but it does concern me how contrived it could potentially be.

I was thinking last night that I could see an angle where Saul is somewhere in a room - a jail cell maybe - and he's telling someone stories about what he's been up to in his life.

Something like that gives them scope to be as 'flexible' with the storylines as they need to be and it's not completely contrived either.
    it doesn't need to be such a restricted scenario as that.

we could well be presented with Saul Goodman set say 10 years in the future, going by a different name, going into a panic as he realises there are people out to get him and they know who he is and "what he did", then we flash back and forward between the past 20 years seeing how he ended up in the situation, and we may see walt and jesse in parts here and there, probably in the middle part.
    Remember though, we only seen saul in breaking bad for a very small amount of time in his life, from his perspective walt and jesse only pop in every couple of weeks or so.

I think it could work quite well, and may actually add something to breaking bad.

I wonder if any seeds have been planted in Breaking bad purposely , knowing they will be picked up in better call saul?