From Ch.5- Important info about tonight's vote

bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Important information about tonight's vote

STOP PRESS: There is an unofficial Big Brother app in circulation, which is falsely claiming that you are voting to evict. This is not true. You are voting to SAVE. Please only refer to the official Big Brother app, or website at bigbrother.channel5.com for correct voting details.
http://bigbrother.channel5.com/important-information-about-tonights-vote

Oooh wonder will this have any impact on tonight's vote??

Comments

• Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outrageous. If Kellie goes tonight, we know why >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So can we vote to evict with this rogue app? Confused...
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    Outrageous. If Kellie goes tonight, we know why >:(

who cares ? get the boring drip out >:(
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    So can we vote to evict with this rogue app? Confused...

People who haven't cottoned on think they have bought a vote to evict - they then do so and actually vote for the person they are evicting.
    This is most likely to boost the save vote for characters who might suffer in a vote to evict - I would say James and Kellie

Quoting myself - but note that highly booed James has been saved..
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What????

Was this app around earlier in the series and in the last series of BB?
    Because if it was I can see how we had some strange results.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What????

Was this app around earlier in the series and in the last series of BB?
    Because if it was I can see how we had some strange results.

A very easy way to steer a vote share in a small betting market.
  • daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the eviction should be cancelled
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the eviction should be cancelled

Note that most of the bookies have now pulled their odds .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    Note that most of the bookies have now pulled their odds .

Yes, the bookies odds on Oddschecker look curiously threadbare.
    http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/big-brother/celebrity-big-brother/next-eviction
    http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/big-brother/celebrity-big-brother/winner
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well then, goodbye Gary, it's been nice having you there.
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urmmm the simple solution is to STOP all voting from ANY APP! All I can say is it serves BB right launching an app that can be not only replicated but isn't even independently verifiable!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew that this app shit was a bad idea from Day 1.
    Something there to be exploited and hacked into.

Should have just stuck to the trusty old telephone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And James is saved.
    Wonder how many people voted to "evict" him.
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just shows that Channel 5 should have released an app for all platforms.

I myself made one, which you can vote from, for Windows Phone. A few weeks ago it did say Vote To Evict in error (as well as Vote To Save) though this was fixed.

Are there any other apps out there? Is there indication as to which app they are referring to?
  • Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this windows app?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was interesting to note that Bookies had already pulled their odds last night because I remember reading posts on here asking why there were no odds posted!
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this windows app?

Its an app for Big Brother for Windows Phone which I made.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    People who haven't cottoned on think they have bought a vote to evict - they then do so and actually vote for the person they are evicting.
    This is most likely to boost the save vote for characters who might suffer in a vote to evict - I would say James and Kellie

Quoting myself - but note that highly booed James has been saved..

If the fake app actually submits votes, which are counted, then ...

I wonder whether the fake would have been detected if it said it was vote to save but didn't credit the votes to the right HM.

And if it wouldn't have been detected, who's to say there aren't fake apps doing just that?
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmetmcl wrote: »
    This just shows that Channel 5 should have released an app for all platforms.

I myself made one, which you can vote from, for Windows Phone. A few weeks ago it did say Vote To Evict in error (as well as Vote To Save) though this was fixed.

Are there any other apps out there? Is there indication as to which app they are referring to?

If people can make apps that actually submit votes, is there anything that stops them from making apps that submit the votes for a different HM than the person using the app intended? Like I get the app and I vote for Gary, but it actually submist the vote as if I'd voted for James -- is there anything that prevents apps from doing something like that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said before this problem occurred that nobody can really verify anything related to this app as it isn't regulated by anyone. As has been highlighted on this thread, anyone can make one of those apps!! If BB & other shows are going to go down this route then the validity of any result for any voting contest is vastly decreased! If that bothers you, don't vote....if you just see it as a TV Entertainment Show & aren't going to lose any sleep over who wins or goes or call fix over every eviction then sit back & enjoy the show! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    If people can make apps that actually submit votes, is there anything that stops them from making apps that submit the votes for a different HM than the person using the app intended? Like I get the app and I vote for Gary, but it actually submist the vote as if I'd voted for James -- is there anything that prevents apps from doing something like that?

No, you could quite easily do it.....it's just a link after all, like you click a link on a website or like you click the submit button to post a reply to this thread! Nothing to stop an app from doing that at all! Maybe they might think about scrapping it now :)
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did they change the straight forward 'pick up your phone, dial a number, and vote' method ?

:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Why did they change the straight forward 'pick up your phone, dial a number, and vote' method ?

:confused:

Greed! The app is full of advertizing so the money they get from the ads revenue is the reason why :)
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Well then, goodbye Gary, it's been nice having you there.

Is it still a fix :o
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant work any of this out right now to late lol But interesting. Maybe this effected James being saved in the first two somehow lets face it that was quite a surprize really.