Fairy Light Berry Bulbs

tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi guys. Bear with me if I sound dopey here ,but.......
I have a string of red berry lights bought from ARGOS about 4 years ago and I love them,but I've used all the spare bulbs up and want to order more from ebay (just in case). However I can't get the exact same bulbs.
Mine are 2.4v 0.288w. But the nearest I can find are these
2.4v 0.18w or 2.5v 0.35w
.....so which of these would be safe (if any). I'm imagining the lower one (first one) would suffice but not be quite as bright,but I don't mind that,as long as it maintains all the others working.Would the 2.5v be dangerous among 2.4v bulbs ? cause a short or fire or anything ?
Thanks in advance for expert(or just logical) advice.

Comments

• tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone ? Please.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see any of those presenting much of a problem. The main danger with Christmas lights is leaving them plugged in and working.

You can always email Argos and ask for their advice about which bulbs you need for their product.

Speaking of Christmas lights I would love a set of the ones which play Christmas music and flash in time but I have not seen any in the shops so I can replace the ones I used to have
  • BananacreampieBananacreampie Posts: 798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see any of those presenting much of a problem. The main danger with Christmas lights is leaving them plugged in and working.

You can always email Argos and ask for their advice about which bulbs you need for their product.

Speaking of Christmas lights I would love a set of the ones which play Christmas music and flash in time but I have not seen any in the shops so I can replace the ones I used to have

They have them on Ebay

OP email the seller of the bulbs they would probably know
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go for the 2.5v, 0.3a type for replacement. They should be fine.
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. (I'm an electronics engineer.) I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference.
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Buy a completely new set...

"Cherry" type bulbs don't last very long.
  • tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much everyone. I never do leave the tree lights on unless we are at home ,but I was afraid of causing a short or something equally moronic. :eek:
    And I think I will pick up a new set in the sales if available and just get the plain red-bulb ones,rather than the berries. Less hassle I would think.