The Final - Sunday 10th March

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep10week11/dancing-ice
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean will be performing a brand new version of their unforgettable Bolero routine, before the two finalists with the most public votes will have to impress with their own self-choreographed Bolero. Before that, all three finalists must skate twice, including one Showcase performance. Will your favourite skate away with the winners trophy?

not ANOTHER "new" version of Bolero from T&D :rolleyes::yawn:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to his Twitter Matt's repeating his week 1 routine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZwdrf77eQ
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going nowhere I suspect. It's its thirtieth anniversary next year.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I keep hoping that if they insist on having their own routines redone they introduce one or two others such as Barnum or Mack & Mabel.
  • comdydave2wincomdydave2win Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love the Bolero
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I adore Bolero but even I'm getting sick of all the re-workings of it now... you can't really improve on perfection (which it is IMO), and the last few years I've not rated the new versions much at all. I like seeing the contestants try to put their own spin on the Bolero - Matthew & Nina's interpretation last year was stunning - but would rather see something different from Jayne & Chris now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    I keep hoping that if they insist on having their own routines redone they introduce one or two others such as Barnum or Mack & Mabel.

me too, loved those routines
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing all the ex contestants perform again. Glad Gareth gets to skate 1 more time.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right now I can't muster up any excitement over the Final :(
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Right now I can't muster up any excitement over the Final :(

defo, one of the worst series ever!
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the photos in This article Matt has Matt Evers, Maria and Mark whereas Beth has Sylvain, Olga, Robin and Andrew for their routines doesn't show Luke with the other pros but guessing he has Vicky and Michael.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Looking at the photos in This article Matt has Matt Evers, Maria and Mark whereas Beth has Sylvain, Olga, Robin and Andrew for their routines doesn't show Luke with the other pros but guessing he has Vicky and Michael.

Matt also has Olga and Luke also has Andy and Robin. They are having to share some of the pro skaters it seems.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Will Pamela be returning for the final?
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »

I hope so.:)
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »

She's in the country at the moment so I'm guessing so.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boleroo - whether skated by J&D or the celebs is now just one big :yawn:
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen Barber spends her weekdays coaching the skaters, but when it comes to the weekend she has to transform into a judge. Asked if she finds the change difficult, she said: “I do [get close to them] but that’s Monday to Friday. Come Sunday I will sit here and I am impartial, and it’s about the performance on the night.”

hmm, ok Karen, you keep telling yourself that you are impartial :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Karen Barber spends her weekdays coaching the skaters, but when it comes to the weekend she has to transform into a judge. Asked if she finds the change difficult, she said: “I do [get close to them] but that’s Monday to Friday. Come Sunday I will sit here and I am impartial, and it’s about the performance on the night.”

hmm, ok Karen, you keep telling yourself that you are impartial
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    None so blind as those who will not see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »

T&D's comments on Matt and Beth are eye-opening:
    First up the pair critiqued Matt, with Chris saying: “Matt is a challenge every time we work with him, he has so much to give and it’s just about keeping him focused. He’s a huge talent.”

Speaking about Olympic gymnast Beth, Chris said: “Beth is really focused,” before Jayne added: “She’s used to taking instruction, you tell her once and she gets it right.”

Sounds like Matt is an artist while Beth is a robot, which may explain why I enjoy Matt's performances more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frally wrote: »
    T&D's comments on Matt and Beth are eye-opening:

Sounds like Matt is an artist while Beth is a robot, which may explain why I enjoy Matt's performances more.

I would hardly interpret those comments to mean what you have put. Saying he has a huge talent is not the same as calling him an artist they also say that they have trouble keeping him focused so he is hardly Mr Perfect if he will not focus on what he is meant to be doing.

Taking instruction and going off and doing it well equally does not make someone a robot. By the same definition you could be then called one as I'm sure you will go and do what you are told by someone and try and do it well does that you make you robotic too. Also then I guess you must class many great performers as robots as well as I'm sure Beth is not the only one who goes off and follows instructions perfectly.

I would hardly say eye opening comments and IMO is saying that both are talented but in different ways not that one is better than the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »

I would hardly say eye opening comments and IMO is saying that both are talented but in different ways not that one is better than the other.

I agree .. all they're saying is both talented but they have different work ethics obviously due to their careers/personality
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Matt has been given music to suit him more than Beth has to suit her. When he still break dances, why doesn't Jason pull him up on it any more - at the beginning he was telling him to do something different :confused:

Mind you he tried that and ended up in the skate off, so they just pander to him now :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I think Matt has been given music to suit him more than Beth has to suit her. When he still break dances, why doesn't Jason pull him up on it any more - at the beginning he was telling him to do something different :confused:

Mind you he tried that and ended up in the skate off, so they just pander to him now :cool:

I agree it does seem that way a bit which is why I got so mad at Robin in props week for saying Beth's routine was predictable when IMO it's Matt's routines that are more predictable as they mostly have some kind of breakdancing in them and no doubt his showcase number will too. wouldn't actually be surprised if he can find a way to get it in Bolero too.

Like you say he was pulled up on this at the beginning and now its like that never happened and its suddenly ok for him to do the same thing over and over yet if the others do that the judges mark them down and tear into them for it.

I think the change in routine showed up his weaknesses hence why he ended up in the skate off that week and now everything is done as smoke and mirrors to hide the messy skating etc and focus on the fact that he is apparently an amazing performer which sorry Matt fans I just don't get I find his performing very forced and honestly not seeing what the judges are rating so highly.

I think Beth has been very much underchallenged in terms of what she could do as we have seen she is really good at the lyrical stuff where she can still showcase her flexibilty but is able to skate and perform as well. Beth seems IMO to be a quieter personality and that style suits her yet it seems someone (not sure if production or T&D) has decided to keep forcing her out of her comfort zone where she has had fast music with lots of tricks (yes she is more than capable of them we know) and not so much chance to concentrate on other things but she has not had the chance to have much of a change of pace to show she can really do different things whereas Matt has been pandered to and it has led to him being showcased well and Beth not so much.