Options

Major Crimes (uk pace) no spoilers please

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    bramley29 wrote: »
    Wikipedia says "TNT renewed Major Crimes for a 15 episode second season on September 27, 2012,which the network increased to 19 episodes in April, 2013. "
    The TNT newsroom says "TNT’s Major Crimes will return for a third season. The hit crime-drama, which currently ranks as one of basic cable’s Top 5 series, is drawing more than 6.7 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery. The show is also one of basic cable’s Top 10 summer dramas among adults 25-54 (2.1 million). Currently airing Mondays at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), Major Crimes is set to wrap up its summer run Aug. 19. It will return in November for the second half of the season. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for season three, which is slated to begin in summer 2014."
    We can only hope they ditch Rusty, Rios and Sykes by the time they get to season three.

I like Sykes and :eek: the storyline has done it's work and i don't hate Rusty anymore. Rios and her "i can't stand to look at dead bodies" shtick is way, way more annoying.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rest of Season 2 will start on Universal on January 13th at 9pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/12/universal-channel-sets-uk-return-date-for-major-crimes-season-2/
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/12/universal-channel-sets-uk-return-date-for-major-crimes-season-2/

Good news!!

Thanks for that.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Brilliant news, thanks for letting us know.

I actually really like Rusty now.
    Even I had a tear in me eye at the last episode.
    Sharon to Rusty, 'Whatever happens, know that I love you'.
    She's a bloody good actress, I had no idea that she's been nominated in the past for two Oscars.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Brilliant news, thanks for letting us know.

I actually really like Rusty now.
    Even I had a tear in me eye at the last episode.
    Sharon to Rusty, 'Whatever happens, know that I love you'.
    She's a bloody good actress, I had no idea that she's been nominated in the past for two Oscars.

That's partly because she's ruined her face. She kind of doesn't look like the woman who was in Dances With Wolves and Independence Day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    The show returned last week, anyone watch? I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The show returned last week, anyone watch? I enjoyed it.

Yes. It was ok. I wish they'd bring some humour into the show like they had in The Closer. That's what made that show so special.
  • Options
    MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the whole of Season 1 of Major Crimes this weekend, and I must say I really enjoyed it. Never seen The Closer as didn't know it was a spin off so all the characters were new to me.

As a fan of Police Academy, brilliant to see G W Bailey in a regular role!

Looking forward to catching up on Season 2, and I might try and locate the Closer and watch that also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    Watched the whole of Season 1 of Major Crimes this weekend, and I must say I really enjoyed it. Never seen The Closer as didn't know it was a spin off so all the characters were new to me.

As a fan of Police Academy, brilliant to see G W Bailey in a regular role!

Looking forward to catching up on Season 2, and I might try and locate the Closer and watch that also.

The Closer is in a different league. A brilliant show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, The Closer is vastly superior to Major Crimes, BUT, although very different, Sharon is just a good as character as Brenda IMO.
    I loved their scenes together in TC. They were played wonderfully. They respected each other while hating each other as well.
    Very funny scenes if you ask me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    I agree, The Closer is vastly superior to Major Crimes, BUT, although very different, Sharon is just a good as character as Brenda IMO.
    I loved their scenes together in TC. They were played wonderfully. They respected each other while hating each other as well.
    Very funny scenes if you ask me.

I preferred Brenda Lee. She was so quirky and funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to GeekTown season 3 starts on 8 September at 9pm.

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/major-crimes/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to GeekTown season 3 starts on 8 September at 9pm.

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/major-crimes/

Great. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody watching this anymore?
    I'm surprised there's been no activity on this thread considering S3 has started.
  • Options
    bramley29bramley29 Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I'm still watching. Episode 1 was very good. Episode 2 was not very good as was episode 3 - the scripts were poor. They have interesting main characters they can develop but they're spending too much time on the obnoxious Rusty and why do they have to give lines to Sykes? She just does very little except look glamorous and pout. her lines would be better delivered by one of the others - I get the feeling they actually were written for the others but someone somewhere says "we have to give Sykes a line every five minutes".

I'll give it a few more episodes. If the scripts don't improve and it looks like becoming "The Rusty show", I'll give up.

PS _ I loved "The Closer" - almost every episode was great.
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still watching. I didn't really like this week's episode, far too comedic for my liking. It usually has humour in the episodes but this went over the top with the annoying characters and dilly investigation.

They could do with dialing back Rusty too. His story is played out but I wouldn't mind him to hang around as a background character.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still watching, this week was very like early The Closer more comic.

Strange a friend who really didn't like The Closer loves Major Crimes.

I like both
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred The Closer but I'm still enjoying MC.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised this thread is so quiet.

I never watched The Closer but I absolutely love Major Crimes.

Think all the main characters are great and I love her relationship with Rusty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I'm surprised this thread is so quiet.

I never watched The Closer but I absolutely love Major Crimes.

Think all the main characters are great and I love her relationship with Rusty.

It's good but not a patch on The Closer. Glad they've brought some humour into the show which was lacking in the first couple of seasons, which is what made The Closer so enjoyable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 5 season finale tonight. I wonder who survived the big explosion. I hope they don't kill off Provenza or Andy especially as Sharon has just agreed to marry him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still really liking this. It seems to get better each season which IMO is pretty unusual.

I will admit that a little bit of me cheers inside when it titles show that Kathe Mazur is starring in an episode. Andrea Hobbs is fast becoming my favourite character. I kind of wish they'd make her a regular, but I suppose that could dilute the character, so I'm a bit torn. I do love her though.