Interactive Content Not Working on Samsung TV

I have a Samsung UE40EH5300 smart TV and since I bought it, the digital interactive stuff on the red button on any BBC channel does not work. It puts up a message saying "Due to a technical fault, this service is currently unavailable, please try again later". The service works on my other Samsung TV in the kitchen so does anyone have any idea why it's not working on this new TV? The interactive stuff on other channels works, just not the BBC stuff. I've retuned, changed country settings and back to UK and can't figure out why it simply won't work. Anyone?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    is the tv firmware/ software up to date ?

try a new install
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Software is up to date.

I have checked the menu and there is no option for a factory reset or anything like that as I was going to try that as well.
    Forum Member
    the only thing to do then , is take the tv into the kitchen and see if it works there. Then that discounts weak signal or similar in living room
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried it in the kitchen, same result. I didn't think it would be the input as the picture is rock solid and I have 100% on every channel. It's also only the BBC Red Button stuff that doesn't work, the interactive content on other channels works fine. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Have you tried the Rosi view thing ? I looked at the manual and at 800 pages its not the easiest thing to read

Just thought it might not be compatitble
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I figured it out after a period of trial and error, and several retunes!

For some reason, the TV needs to have BBC ONE on the EPG somewhere. What I was doing was deleting BBC ONE NI and putting BBC ONE NI HD on channel 1 instead as I already have UTV HD at 3 and Channel 4 HD at 4 and have deleted the SD equivalents. As long as BBC ONE is on the EPG, no matter where (as I now have it on 999), then BBC Red Button will work.

Rather strange requirement, but at least it has solved the problem!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you found the solution.

By the by, if you have not already responded to the consultation on BBC Online and Red Button, there are only days left to do so.
  • Reginald_HatchReginald_Hatch Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I had the same problem. Go to channel 200 which is the BBC Red Button and will see Data Service. Then if you press the red button you should get access to all the stuff available on the red button.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete