Options

Law & Order SVU

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the reason why they focus so much on Olivia is because she is the main reason why people are still watching.

She's fine as a character, it's just that she, and her personal life, seem to form most of every story these days.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love the show and have watched it for years - but feel the real characters such as Munch, the Captain and Stabler leaving has left its mark. Olivia is great and wonderful to see her develop as a human being over the years - to the point where she now has her much longed for child. Love Mariska Hargitay as an actress too - seems to have more depth than most American actresses. Glad to see her visibly age - like the rest of us - and she's still stunning.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    2nd half of Season 16 of Law and Order: SVU starts on Universal on Feb 15th

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/12/universal-channel-sets-uk-return-date-law-order-special-victims-unit-season-16/
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    2nd half of Season 16 of Law and Order: SVU starts on Universal on Feb 15th

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/12/universal-channel-sets-uk-return-date-law-order-special-victims-unit-season-16/

Fantastic!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 16 returns tonight at 10pm.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 16 returns tonight at 10pm.

Oh poppycock I missed it
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Oh poppycock I missed it

There is a universal+1 channel on sky channel 150 or you can catch up on demand.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a universal+1 channel on sky channel 150 or you can catch up on demand.

I put the +1 on to record but it will be a pain finding a time to watch it. Never mind I can be one week behind :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I put the +1 on to record but it will be a pain finding a time to watch it. Never mind I can be one week behind :)

There is always a repeat at 2am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Barba no point!
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    No Barba no point!

Easily the best ADA the team have ever had, he is such a joy to watch.
    Him and Carisi are the best cast additions since Huang.
  • Options
    rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    No Barba no point!

He's very good but like you said he hasn't been on much this season. I think he's busy splitting time between this show and Hannibal which films in Canada. Apparently his character on Hannibal, Dr. Chilton, survived the shot to the head last season.
  • Options
    rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    She's fine as a character, it's just that she, and her personal life, seem to form most of every story these days.
    Sorry for double posting but I was having trouble editing my previous post.

Olivia is the only stability the show has right now. Law & Order: SVU has always had a stable "A" team cast where it was the Elliott and Olivia show. I think if SVU was like the original Law & Order where there were frequent enough turn around among the main cast members the Olivia story line wouldn't be needed as much. They could have had her be the Jerry Orbach of SVU where they use her as the anchor to bring in the new detectives. But let's face it at this point in the series there is no runner up or a duo that could fill her shoes. I honestly don't see SVU moving forward with out Mariska Hargitay and I assume when NBC ordered season 17 they did so on the condition she'd still be the star.

So far this season you start to see the back stories of secondary characters and why so many are damaged the way they were. I don't think this is a spoiler but they addressed some of Amaro's anger issues (where it comes from) and Rollins root cause of her alcoholism.

A bomb was dropped at the end of the last weeks episode "Undercover Mother."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkolsen wrote: »
    He's very good but like you said he hasn't been on much this season. I think he's busy splitting time between this show and Hannibal which films in Canada. Apparently his character on Hannibal, Dr. Chilton, survived the shot to the head last season.

I adore him in Hannibal, cannot wait to see him back as Chilton.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Easily the best ADA the team have ever had, he is such a joy to watch.
    Him and Carisi are the best cast additions since Huang.

Agree. I love Carisi too, want to have more Barba/Carisi scenes.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know who was covering Passengers' "Let Her Go" on the soundtrack of last weekends Universal episode?
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bring back novak
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bring back novak

I liked Novak but Barba is better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Anyone know who was covering Passengers' "Let Her Go" on the soundtrack of last weekends Universal episode?

It was Jasmine Thompson.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Novak but Barba is better.

Novak was the best ADA. I didn't however get the fuss over Cabot. She was okay. But everyone besides Greyling was imho better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Novak was the best ADA. I didn't however get the fuss over Cabot. She was okay. But everyone besides Greyling was imho better.

I was never that keen on Cabot either, i thought Novak was much better.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest episode of Chicago PD shown in the UK is a crossover with SVU.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

There is a crossover episode of SVU with Chicago PD also. I think they aired them in the wrong order over here though as they already aired the SVU episode.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There were a couple of three part cross overs in the last season. I just posted the following in the Chicago PD thread:
    platelet wrote: »
    As far as I can recall from the last season it's:

Crossover one

Chicago Fire S03E07 Nobody Touches Anything (1)
    SVU S16E07 Chicago Crossover (2)
    Chicago PD S02E07 PD They'll Have To Go Through Me (3)

Crossover two

Chicago Fire S03E21 We Called Her Jellybean (1)
    Chicago PD S02E20 The Number of Rats (2)
    SVU S16E20 Daydream Believer (3)

NB The links above go to episodes summaries rather than full synopsis but I'd warn to be careful when looking around especially with the second crossover. It's easy to get spoiled

Come next season when they fold Chicago Med into the mix it's going to become virtually impossible to follow if you're watching by legit means. There's a four way crossover planned for next Feb