Options

The Walking Dead Series 5 (US PACE)

Comments

• Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing of all: C A R O L .

She rocked a mean poncho as she blew up part of Terminus..! Very 'bounty hunter'!
    Loving it. Saw elements of 'Hostel' in the opening ep (:o)...
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is only confusion because this thread exists. There is nothing posted in this thread that can not be posted in the main thread. I've requested that the mods merge this thread into the main one.

People who watch at U.S. pace can't post in your thread because you've made it "no spoilers". One thread would work only if U.K. pace viewers are willing to avoid it for 19 hours. Are they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    People who watch at U.S. pace can't post in your thread because you've made it "no spoilers". One thread would work only if U.K. pace viewers are willing to avoid it for 19 hours. Are they?

If they are not, then it's their own tough luck quite honestly - the OP couldn't have been any clearer. I'm watching at UK pace and just stayed away til last night.

Superb episode last night btw :D
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent episode. I missed the Morgan scene at the very end!
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm vaguely recalling a black bloke and his son in a room with a large stash of weapons way back yonder, if that's him. A bit crazy with odd signs painted all over the place. Bit silly putting a scene after the previews of next week's episode - I avoid them and switch off.

Wonder if they are going to ask what happened to the young girls or just leave it, the one Carol shot who had killed her Sister. She and Tyreese have turned into a great pairing, didn't like him much to begin with seemed a bit whiney, but all that repressed emotion is starting to pay off character wise.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I'm vaguely recalling a black bloke and his son in a room with a large stash of weapons way back yonder, if that's him. A bit crazy with odd signs painted all over the place. Bit silly putting a scene after the previews of next week's episode - I avoid them and switch off.

Wonder if they are going to ask what happened to the young girls or just leave it, the one Carol shot who had killed her Sister. She and Tyreese have turned into a great pairing, didn't like him much to begin with seemed a bit whiney, but all that repressed emotion is starting to pay off character wise.

Morgan was the guy that originally saved Rick , he reappeared in a quite deranged state in season 5 minus his now dead son . He was the same guy that Rick was attempting to keep in contact with via radio in the early days .

re the girls , no one but Carol and Tyrese would have known that they survived the prison so they would'nt have to say anything . I'm guessing that they will though and it will be dismissed as a necessary evil in their crazy world .
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunning episode :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    This season is feeling very much like they are following the graphic novels more closely. What an amazing ending. In fact, just an amazing episode in general. I'm liking Rick a bit more so far this season. His character is feeling like he's opening up more to people, and not being full Shane with everyone all the time.

Father Gabriel looks to be in interesting, different type of character than we're used to on TWD. Once Rick and the others find out his secret though, will they be so willing to let him in the group?

Can't wait to see what happens with Daryl and Carol going to find Beth. Especially as it looked like Carol was making a run for it and got caught halfway through.

I'm glad they addressed Michonne's missing sword, as that has been bugging me. How can she be Michonne without her sword?! It just doesn't seem like a complete group without sharpshooter Andrea or Michonne's sword. Maybe I'm just thinking too much about the graphic novels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I gave up meat years ago. :(
  • Options
    The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't click on to the fact that Michonne had left her sword behind. i just assumed she thought "**** it", hitting it with a gun would be quicker haha

As i said previously i didn't think that would be the last of Garath, although what was up with Bob? if i'm honest i thought he might have got a bite or a scratch in the water and he was just hiding it from them that's why he walked out near the end.

Also, the whole Beth thing, i thought it was Father Gabriel who got Beth in the 1st place i guess not, but i assume he plays some part in it with the whole god car, I want her back soon.. i miss her pretty face ;P
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick warning Carl that he can never be safe for a minute in their world and that he should always be vigilant. Followed by Bob having a weak moment and oops, there goes a leg.....One of the diners being the guy Tyrese evidently lied about killing in the previous episode. Tyrese seems to be where Rick was in the 1st half of season2, ugh.

The secrets and lies within the group are just as much a contagion as the zombie apocalypse.

I don't believe any of that Washington malarkey. If they had a way to exterminate the zombie virus (or whatever it is) wouldn't they end up killing everyone, because they are all infected?
  • Options
    Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent episode. And the cannibals are back it would seem!
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    Rick warning Carl that he can never be safe for a minute in their world and that he should always be vigilant. Followed by Bob having a weak moment and oops, there goes a leg.....One of the diners being the guy Tyrese evidently lied about killing in the previous episode. Tyrese seems to be where Rick was in the 1st half of season2, ugh.

The secrets and lies within the group are just as much a contagion as the zombie apocalypse.

I don't believe any of that Washington malarkey. If they had a way to exterminate the zombie virus (or whatever it is) wouldn't they end up killing everyone, because they are all infected?

I think he just said whatever the virus is made dead flesh active and the "switch" would reverse what was done, so it would only stop the walkers being able to move again.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kebob.

Poor sod. The ending was very chilling. He was an idiot though, wandering around at night on his own. What was he thinking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Kebob.

Poor sod. The ending was very chilling. He was an idiot though, wandering around at night on his own. What was he thinking?

He was going to die away from the group after being bitten in the water.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    He was going to die away from the group after being bitten in the water.

I thought that too, but there was no reveal of a bite.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I thought that too, but there was no reveal of a bite.

I am not sure I can watch this episode. However I was watching a podcast where people said he was limping. It would be great if his leg was infected so all those eating his leg would become infected too: that would be justice.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if his leg was infected so all those eating his leg would become infected too: that would be justice.

I thought that too, but isn't everyone already infected?
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. Another great episode, father Gabriel does seem a wrongun. What is his character like in the books/comics? How did Daryl know that the god car had beth in it?

How the hell is bob still alive after having his leg chopped? Looking forward to the moment the cannibals see him turn and realise they have eaten Infected meat.

Loving having the show back and after liking z nation realising how poor the show is compared the the amazing walking dead.
  • Options
    blisteringblueblisteringblue Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    How did Daryl know that the god car had beth in it?

He saw it drive off when she disappeared just before he joined up with the men who almost got Rick early on last season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd forgotten all about Beth, if the people in the church car are the same as the cannibals has she been turned into one, she'd be dead long before now otherwise. :o
  • Options
    The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After posting my thoughts above i was still a bit intrigued by Bob and if he did get a bite or scratch in the water. seems a lot of people seem to agree elsewhere on the internet that he did indeed get bitten.

I then thought it was a bit silly of Gareth and the Hunters to eat the leg that he was seemingly bitten. but then just assumed that cooking his leg would kill off any infection from the bite..

Thoughts??
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was fairly obvious from the way he was acting that Bob had been bitten and he had left the Church so he wouldn't turn during the night.

The thing is if the bite was fairly low on his leg (which it probably was) he would have known that amputating the leg quick enough would have stopped the spread of the infection (he was around when this was done for Hershal IIRC).

So why didn't he say waht had happened?
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the episode! Felt like the good season 1 and 2 days! hope this season stays good, as season 3 was lacking (no character development, perpetual run and gun, shock factor for expense of story) as was season 4 (good character development, but lacking strong characters). This is the best since season 2 for me so far.

Also, there's been a few leaks online of videos (small clips) showing what happens in episode 3 & 4. They include:
    In episode 3, at the end, Daryl returns to the church and Michonne asks where Carol is, and he cries. In episode 4, it's a Beth bottle episode. A few videos leaked of this one. One including her waking up in a room and banging on the door, and that police woman and a doctor walk in and talk to her for a bit. Another of a policeman trying to force sex on Beth, she considers using scissors to stab him, but a walker just wakes up. And also.. THE BIGGEST OF ALL… Beth sees Carol being brought in on a stretcher, unconscious. Beth looks like she's been beaten up, too .

I can't wait to see where they take this storyline, Carol and Beth are my favourite characters. I reckon Beth will sadly die though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After posting my thoughts above i was still a bit intrigued by Bob and if he did get a bite or scratch in the water. seems a lot of people seem to agree elsewhere on the internet that he did indeed get bitten.

I then thought it was a bit silly of Gareth and the Hunters to eat the leg that he was seemingly bitten. but then just assumed that cooking his leg would kill off any infection from the bite..

Thoughts??

They probably didn't notice a bite or scratch, they were too interested in eating him.