Options

Your views on MeatLoaf "Bat Out Of Hell" album?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just found out that Meat Loaf was in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMRl55U0eDw

:o
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just found out that Meat Loaf was in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMRl55U0eDw

:o

I always thought that Meat Loaf's appearance and song in 'Rocky Horror' was a big influence on 'Bat out of Hell', even though most seem to think it is a parody of Springsteen and 'Born to Run'.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bat Out Of Hell (the song) is great.
    The rest of the album less so.
    BOOH2 is rotten.
  • Options
    Kid BKid B Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am completely indifferent to it. I remember the album had massive appeal back in the day
    A bit like me seeing ZZ Top at Glastonbury; not my thing but no-one could really argue that it was unentertaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I always thought that Meat Loaf's appearance and song in 'Rocky Horror' was a big influence on 'Bat out of Hell', even though most seem to think it is a parody of Springsteen and 'Born to Run'.

Yes, you can definitely hear the influence in songs like "Paradise By The Dashboard Light", "Bat Out Of Hell" and "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth" He even looked like he'd just walked off the "Rocky Horror" set in those video clips. lol
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, you can definitely hear the influence in songs like "Paradise By The Dashboard Light", "Bat Out Of Hell" and "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth" He even looked like he'd just walked off the "Rocky Horror" set in those video clips. lol

'Don't Dream it, Be it!'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bat Out Of Hell (the song) is great.
    The rest of the album less so.
    BOOH2 is rotten.

You obviously haven't heard "Bat Out Of Hell 3" :D