Options

Misfits - Series 4 Discussion

Comments

• Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Nice final episode. I liked the observation from Abby, when they went to rescue Rudy's nun, that they all had powers, but didn't seem to use them that much. We still haven't found out what Abby's power is, well other than dripping substances on the floor. Ewww, probably a first on TV for that one.

So, we have discovering more about Abby, finding out what power Alex gets from his new lung (I'm assuming that's what all the rather unsubtle hints were suggesting), and working out exactly why The Angry Probation Officer is so angry. Is it just this lost opportunity for love that he mentioned to Rudy? Can't help feeling there has to be more to it than that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    It's just so boring now, like skins or hollyoaks with powers. I actually hope it doesn't get renewed,it has totally lost it's way.

Think I will go and watch the first 2 series to wipe this crap from my memory, the third series was a bit ropey,but no way as crappy as this one.

Bleurgh.

I hate Rudy.
  • Options
    BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I expected more from the finale but this series has been the best since the first and the cast is better than the original. I hope it is renewed.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with Abbey is, is her mystery can be easily solved. Her power is her memory loss, right? I gather Curtis/Simon had told Rudy quite a few stories by what was said this episode. Thus likely that ecstasy makes your powers opposite. And even if they hadn't, given the kind of guy Rudy is, he's probably had some experience of his own. All she needs to do is pop a pill and her memories would restore (temporarily) right?

Also, they need to expand on drugs messing with abilities!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An ok finale. The 4 hoodies reminded me of SImon and I am wondering if that is a hint for a reason. Especially as the creator has said we may see Alisha and Simon again.

I am curious to know what the plan for series 5 is,
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Liked the finale. In fact, I really liked this one.

Elements of it were rushed like the 4 cyclists of the apocalypse and Nadine's death but it was still a rather interesting episode t watch.

I can't wait to see what Abbey's whole mystery is next series as well.

Rudy was entertaining in this episode as well. Jess/Finn/Alex, not as much.

Will be interesting to see what power Alex is given next series, 8/10.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Bring back the old cast.
  • Options
    Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed the finale.

I like Rudy -- he's grotesque, but sweet at the same time.

I've rather warmed to Finn. At first, I found him a bit creepy -- now, I think he's the funniest.

Love Abbey -- love her deadpan "emotionless" reactions, and her Nathan-like crudity -- like others, I cannot wait to find out more about her next series!

Only disappointment being Alex's survival... hopefully he'll become interesting next series...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    Bring back the old cast.

No.

The show's moved on from them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've loved this series, can't wait for next one very emotional when the nun died had tears in my eyes.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that was a bit of a wet fart after the stonking great episode last week .

anyone else notice that the announcer said it would be returning in the new year -- (?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, looks like we have a fifth run to look forward.
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    The powers are displayed in the opening credits and Abbeys is invisibility.

The powers have not been utilised but character development, script and stories have been good.

Want maybe a longer 12 or 13 episode series like they would give in the US.

Looking forward to next series hopefully won't have to wait till September or October.
  • Options
    Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like i'm not the only one who was a bit gutted when it was revealed that Alex was alive. :p Nice twist with the transplant thing though.

It's a shame this was the finale because ever since Curtis' death I've felt the episodes have just got better and better.

Absolutely loved Rudy in this episode, having him fall in love with a nun was just genius. :D
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

Would they do invisibility again though? Could be something similar (can't think what though lol) or it could be a red herring for this series.

I think it is something to do with her memory loss - her past is 'invisible' could explain the opening credits. Perhaps she can wipe memories and keeps doing her own during her frequent alcoholic stupors:D
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason i was fully sure that the faces of the 4 horsemen would be revealed and tbh i was expecting the 4 horsemen to be deceased characters from the shows past. I think it would have been good if Simon, Curtis, Alisha and Nikki (although she did get a mention regarding the transplant and cheese killer) were revealed as the horsemen similar to last years finale when ghosts from the past returnd
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    For some reason i was fully sure that the faces of the 4 horsemen would be revealed and tbh i was expecting the 4 horsemen to be deceased characters from the shows past. I think it would have been good if Simon, Curtis, Alisha and Nikki (although she did get a mention regarding the transplant and cheese killer) were revealed as the horsemen similar to last years finale when ghosts from the past returnd

also secretly wishing it was those four :D

been nice seeing how the different powers are interpretated, like the guy with the money and the four horsemen

MAKE A FIFTH SERIES PLEASE
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 4 for me was better than Series 3. Although Series 3 had a good recurring storyline, the monster of the week episodes were a bit meh, where as this series they were much improved. The episode with the killer rabbit is one of the best episodes that Misfits has ever done since series 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    E4 announced it's been picked up for a fifth series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

The powers have not been utilised but character development, script and stories have been good.

Want maybe a longer 12 or 13 episode series like they would give in the US.

Looking forward to next series hopefully won't have to wait till September or October.

No they aren't rudy's powers weren't and still aren't shown. Even the misfits merchandise for series 4 is the same as series 3.

Not gonna lie it wasn't on par with other past final episodes - but I was kinda expecting it because they needed a complete reboot. I have high hopes for the next series though. ESpecially since we only have to wait a few months. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ghettodemi wrote: »
    No they aren't rudy's powers weren't and still aren't shown. Even the misfits merchandise for series 4 is the same as series 3.

Not gonna lie it wasn't on par with other past final episodes - but I was kinda expecting it because they needed a complete reboot. I have high hopes for the next series. :D

It is - Rudy's shadow walks in the opposite direction to him.....
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still want to see how "the storm" happenned!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    It is - Rudy's shadow walks in the opposite direction to him.....

I knew someone would say this. Its the same effect they used to show that Curtis could travel back in time. As for the splitting up they used the same one for simon even though his power was invisibility.

It didn't bother me because I thought it was supposed to be a red herring after they sold their powers. I really don't think they will reveal her power in the credits if it's like alisha's (first) one, and just really hard to describe.

This being said what if she doesn't have a power and just has memory loss. Or even better memory loss after abusing her power (i.e. someone took her memory to stop her evil plans since they couldn't take her power)?
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Mrs_Stig24 wrote: »
    Looks like i'm not the only one who was a bit gutted when it was revealed that Alex was alive. :p Nice twist with the transplant thing though.

It's a shame this was the finale because ever since Curtis' death I've felt the episodes have just got better and better.

Absolutely loved Rudy in this episode, having him fall in love with a nun was just genius. :D

Perhaps Alex will get a new personality from his new lung? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ghettodemi wrote: »
    I knew someone would say this. Its the same effect they used to show that Curtis could travel back in time. As for the splitting up they used the same one for simon even though his power was invisibility.

The opening credits have never been explicit but it still isn't true to say Rudy's power isn't shown - even if shown in a fairly poor way

It didn't bother me because I thought it was supposed to be a red herring after they sold their powers. I really don't think they will reveal her power in the credits if it's like alisha's (first) one, and just really hard to describe.

This being said what if she doesn't have a power and just has memory loss. Or even better memory loss after abusing her power (i.e. someone took her memory to stop her evil plans since they couldn't take her power)?

Could be - we're going to have to settle for speculation for a while yet - but at least we know there will be a season 5 and the possibility of finding out:D