LG Nexus 4 officially announced

Comments

• tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    If its a 16Gb Nexus 7 you'll be lucky to get £70-£80 for it on ebay.

Just to close the circle on this one - I bought it for £199 (Argos) and sold it yesterday for £200 on eBay. I think it held it's value pretty well :D
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from holiday where I used my Nexus 4 with a Tru SIM for the week. Full use of Twitter, EMail, Google Maps, Internet and Facebook and got a great signal.

Battery life seemed a bit less than in the UK, but I think the phone probably spent a bit more time searching for a signal.

Oddly, when I put my iPhone back on at the airport this morning, I found myself trying to activate stuff from the notifications and hitting the Back button that wasn't there. So about a week is how long it takes to adjust! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    Just to close the circle on this one - I bought it for £199 (Argos) and sold it yesterday for £200 on eBay. I think it held it's value pretty well :D

nice one , a £1 profit :D , just shows how dimwitted some ebayers are :D
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No you didn't,in the ebay app on my iPhone I'm watching lots Nexus 7's just to see how much they do go for. Which was yours from yesterday?

The 32gb is only £180 brand we from CPW and the 16gb is discontinued.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    No you didn't,in the ebay app on my iPhone I'm watching lots Nexus 7's just to see how much they do go for. Which was yours from yesterday?

Still waiting for you to show us the £70 ones no one can see......

More lies as usual since I'm watching them too and then top 2 are at 165 and 162 just now....

Edit: discontinued my arse :Dhttps://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_16GB?id=nexus_7_16gb&hl=en
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »

Yeah I stand corrected on that, I have 3 in my watch list that went for under £100 but they all have a scratched screen and one has no box or charger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

More lies as usual since I'm watching them too and then top 2 are at 165 and 162 just now....

Yes but he said his went for £200 NONE went for £200 yesterday. An one of the top 2 is sealed brand new in box. His was used.

Actually both the top 2 from today are brand new in box sealed.
    Forum Member
    Yes but he said his went for £200 NONE went for £200 yesterday. An one of the top 2 is sealed brand new in box. His was used.

Actually both the top 2 from today are brand new in box sealed.

One did indeed sell for £200 on the nose with 11 bids. Others sold for £225 and £239 I think. Can't remember the exact price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nexus-7-32GB-Wi-Fi-3G-7in-Black-3-months-old-barely-used-/181094532385?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item2a2a134521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One did indeed sell for £200 on the nose with 11 bids. Others sold for £225 and £239 I think. Can't remember the exact price.

Sorry but nope, one for £172, one for £168, one for £179 ok I could be here all day but yeah not one USED Nexus 7 went for £200

They are only £189 brandnew from CPW. There were some buy it nows over £200 but they never sold.
    Forum Member
    Sorry but nope, one for £172, one for £168, one for £179 ok I could be here all day but yeah not one USED Nexus 7 went for £200

They are only £189 brandnew from CPW.

Sorry, but yep! Link above. Me thinks you can't use eBay lol

Edit: oh and look at the sellers name :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but yep! Link above. Me thinks you can't use eBay lol

Edit: oh and look at the sellers name :D

Ok I missed that one:o
    Forum Member
    Ok I missed that one:o

Remeber , tdenson's has 3g on it as well which you can't get for £189 either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remeber , tdenson's has 3g on it as well which you can't get for £189 either.

Yeah I only watching wifi ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my defence he did say he got it for £200 from argos, the 3G is £240 from argos so he must of got a deal.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Hilarious as always...
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Some people never know when to go and get their coat do they
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    Some people never know when to go and get their coat do they

i have just opened the door > .. :D
    Forum Member

The 32gb is only £180 brand we from CPW and the 16gb is discontinued.

Oops, I'm really glad you pointed that out. I did a "sell one like this" on eBay not noticing that the one I copied was a 3G one. I have contacted the buyer offering his money back or an appropriate discount. I must say I was surprised as I was expecting nearer £160
    Forum Member
    For anyone who might be interested or care, I did come to an amicable agreement with the buyer at £150, probably £10 less than I might have got had I listed it correctly but I would have spent that and more relisting it, so hey ho, I'll check a bit more carefully next time I list something on eBay.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    For anyone who might be interested or care, I did come to an amicable agreement with the buyer at £150, probably £10 less than I might have got had I listed it correctly but I would have spent that and more relisting it, so hey ho, I'll check a bit more carefully next time I list something on eBay.

to be honest thats still not a bad 'gentlemans agreement' price. im impressed at how its held its value.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    to be honest thats still not a bad 'gentlemans agreement' price. im impressed at how its held its value.

Yep, losing 25% of its value since release isn't so bad. I think so far the worst device still in production to lose value was the Galaxy S3.

But that was more down to heavy discounting by Samsung hurting used prices than anything else.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »

I wonder why as its actually pretty good, a lot better quality than my iPhone bumper was.
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I wonder why as its actually pretty good, a lot better quality than my iPhone bumper was.

Some people have been speculating that it's because of the warranty issues. If it breaks, Google refer you to LG and LG refer you to Google. Its as if they don't want to be responsible for it after sale.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive tried a number of cases now for my Nexus 4 but the best by far is the Square One Slim Fit