The Flash UK Pace

I was just watching The Blacklist on Sky Living and I saw an advert for The Flash which says it starts on Sky 1 on Tuesday 28th October

So I thought I would start a UK pace thread as its starting soon on Sky. I can't wait to watch it and it looks like they might be showing it on the same night with Arrow!

Anyone else looking forward to The Flash?

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I was just watching The Blacklist on Sky Living and I saw an advert for The Flash which says it starts on Sky 1 on Tuesday 28th October

So I thought I would start a UK pace thread as its starting soon on Sky. I can't wait to watch it and it looks like they might be showing it on the same night with Arrow!

It would make sense if it is shown on the same night as Arrow as there is a element of crossover between the two shows
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well the 8th episode of both Arrow and Flash are a two hour crossover so it does make sense for Sky to have them on the same night!
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Geek town is advertising the start date of series 3 of arrow as Thursday the 30th. So based on this its different nights. http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/arrow/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the 8th episode of both Arrow and Flash are a two hour crossover so it does make sense for Sky to have them on the same night!

One of the Flash's Rogues appears on Arrow and then moves over to Flash presumably with Olly following him
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I just assumed that Arrow would be on the same night as Flash but it seems I was wrong!

Such a pity as that could have been superhero night of tv for Sky!
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this next week.
    Also it's nice that we have Gotham on Monday, Flash on Tuesday, Arrow on Thursday and Shield on Friday.
    Looks like we need another comic book show to fill the void on Wednesday. (I've got other shows to watch at the weekend)
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First episode available on demand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great so far
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed that first episode, no messing about.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Why was Barry told that an advantage of his costume was that it would survive super spped when his ordinary clothes had survived super speed in all the preceding scenes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only the first episode so will probably take it's time to improve, seemed far to rushed to get The Flash on the screen.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decent first episode. Interesting to see the man he thinks killed his mother is now his boss.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great pilot. One of the best in a long while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decent first episode. Interesting to see the man he thinks killed his mother is now his boss.

Why do you think that??

The killer could just as easily be
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    it was ok , I dont think it came across as dark as the arrow does and wasn't as good as a result for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    it was ok , I dont think it came across as dark as the arrow does and wasn't as good as a result for me

Got to admit it was very lightweight, hopefully it will improve as it goes along, because at the moment it doesn't compliment Arrow in anyway, as was evident when both characters met up. I just hope they don't try and change Arrow for the sake of Flash.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Got to admit it was very lightweight, hopefully it will improve as it goes along, because at the moment it doesn't compliment Arrow in anyway, as was evident when both characters met up. I just hope they don't try and change Arrow for the sake of Flash.

yeah it felt like the shows are targeted at two different audiences rather than complementing each other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    yeah it felt like the shows are targeted at two different audiences rather than complementing each other

It seems Flash is more targeted at the Marvel Avengers Universe, lightweight and child friendly.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Only the first episode so will probably take it's time to improve, seemed far to rushed to get The Flash on the screen.

They probably rushed it a bit because they had the back door pilot in Arrow so, they would assume that most people watching probably watch Arrow.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    The first episode wasn't amazing, and I do find like Arrow some times things can come off a bit... cheesy?

I'm not exactly anticipating it anymore but seeming how Arrow really picked up after a while, I'm going to give this series a shot.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would The Flash be as dark as Arrow? From what I know from the comics (which probably isn't much), The Flash is a smartass, jokey type character than a dark tormented take would allow. He is serious when the moment calls for it, and jokes around when the moment calls for something lighthearted. Unless I'm mistaken.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    It was a decent first episode.

It felt a bit rushed at times and had very cheesy moments but on the whole was enjoyable. The production standards were very high.

I actually prefer that it's not as dark as Arrow.

That brief scene with him also reminded me what an awful actor Stephen Amell is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Why would The Flash be as dark as Arrow? From what I know from the comics (which probably isn't much), The Flash is a smartass, jokey type character than a dark tormented take would allow. He is serious when the moment calls for it, and jokes around when the moment calls for something lighthearted. Unless I'm mistaken.

You are probably right...which makes me think that Sky made the right call by having the shows on different nights, because if it is going to keep the same tone, then the shows really don't complement each other, and I dread to think what the crossovers will be like, though it seemed to work when Barry was introduced to Arrow, but didn't seem to work when Arrow was introduced to Flash.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TUC wrote: »
    Why was Barry told that an advantage of his costume was that it would survive super spped when his ordinary clothes had survived super speed in all the preceding scenes?

Didn't his clothes catch fire at one point? I think on the run to Starling City.

Perhaps he needs to get up to a certain speed before the friction becomes too much for normal clothing.

As for the show in general, I enjoyed it a lot. Sure it's more lightweight than Arrow is, but not everything needs to be dark and brooding.