BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 59)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))))

Warm, Windy, Wet and Sunny today.
    Mootle wrote: »
    yes but, no but, I still don't understand it
    :cry::cry:
    I can't even wrap my brain around the definition of a Prime Number, although I'm pretty sure you have explained this to me..

:blush::(:

Funnily enough I did scrape through A level pure and applied maths, but I subsequently woke up after one of my operations in a numerically dyslexic state, and unable to recognise faces (soooooo embarrassing!) unless I know the person extremely well, and/or they have a dog with them.

People must think I am very stuck up..:(

I went through a phase of beaming widely at everyone I encountered, until I saw the fear in some people's eyes as they backed away or hurried past :D.
    Hi Moots.:+))))))))))))))))

It's the basis of all Computer Programs, all data is coded into bits in the end, a bit can be a 0 (zero) or a 1 (one)
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,593
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Hi there Hicky. It's not nice out there. Umbrellas at the ready.
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

Hi there Hicky. It's not nice out there. Umbrellas at the ready.
    Good Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))

Rain has stopped here, but because it has been raining it means i can't go out into the garden.
    Forum Member
    It's another terrible Air Crash.

Strange what has been released.
    they say the one Pilot left the Flight deck and couldn't get back in.
    I can only imagine that the other Pilot had collapsed and couldn't open the door.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Hicky sorry I havent posted sooner. In caravan so phone often plays up. Glad you are doing ok (ish). Xxx

Honey... I echo Jojos sentiments it must be really stressful. Love you loads and see you on your birthday x
    She is finally having the op as we speak. After me carefully styling her hair and blowdrying it poofy to show off with (:blush:) in the twenty yards or so she had to walk to the vet from the taxi she found something revolting and rolled in it, so she stunk the place out and they have had to wash her before she could be done. :blush: They are doing her nails too. I had to hang around in the cafe opposite while all this was going on and wait for the results of the latest (expensive) blood test. Then when she finally went in for the op i was crying in the street like a lunatic. :blush:
    JoJo4 wrote: »

It's just a guess, but I imagine Moots is as confused as I am about 'the binary system'!

It was never mentioned while I was at school, not even a casual reference and I bet it was the same for Moots. I can across it later and had no clue - still don't! I know vaguely what it is but, I also know what particle physics is - couldn't work with either You're a man ahead of your time and I guess you needed to understand the binary system for your work.

Hope the recovery is progressing well and that you're being sensible;-)
    I was taught it at school but forgot it right away. I did make an effort to teach it to the children using stones and sticks, but now i have forgotten all over again. One of them has to use it for work though.

Funnily enough I did scrape through A level pure and applied maths,.
    Way to go, Moots! :D

but I subsequently woke up after one of my operations in a numerically dyslexic state, and unable to recognise faces (soooooo embarrassing!) unless I know the person extremely well, and/or they have a dog with them..

I am rubbish at remembering people too. Even in the supermarket, if I leave my stuff on the conveyor and dash back for cream (its always cream) I am completely stumped when i try to find "my" checkout because all the assistants look the same.
    People must think I am very stuck up...

Yes, me too. :(
    I went through a phase of beaming widely at everyone I encountered, until I saw the fear in some people's eyes as they backed away or hurried past :D.

I like to think I have perfected a multi-purpose enigmatic smile. :cool: It probably looks like wind.
    Hicky wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))))

Warm, Windy, Wet and Sunny today.

Hi Moots.:+))))))))))))))))

It's the basis of all Computer Programs, all data is coded into bits in the end, a bit can be a 0 (zero) or a 1 (one)
    The most boring two or three days of my life was typing binary numbers into a computer to programme it.
    Good Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))

Rain has stopped here, but because it has been raining it means i can't go out into the garden.

Why? Youve got a big umbrella havent you? Just wrap yourself up and enjoy the sunshine. :)
    It's another terrible Air Crash.

Strange what has been released.
    they say the one Pilot left the Flight deck and couldn't get back in.
    I can only imagine that the other Pilot had collapsed and couldn't open the door.

Something to do with a broken window, i think they said. :confused:

They make out like its something thats just bad luck and happens out of the blue, but something has to go wrong for it to crash.
    Forum Member
    Its awfully strange. I have lost the power to edit, somehow. It looks like its editing normally then doesnt show up.

I was trying to say " Way to go on the A levels, moots" (even if you have subsequently lost the ability)
    Forum Member
    She is finally having the op as we speak. After me carefully styling her hair and blowdrying it poofy to show off with (:blush:) in the twenty yards or so she had to walk to the vet from the taxi she found something revolting and rolled in it, so she stunk the place out and they have had to wash her before she could be done. :blush: They are doing her nails too. I had to hang around in the cafe opposite while all this was going on and wait for the results of the latest (expensive) blood test. Then when she finally went in for the op i was crying in the street like a lunatic. :blush:

I was taught it at school but forgot it right away. I did make an effort to teach it to the children using stones and sticks, but now i have forgotten all over again. One of them has to use it for work though.

I am rubbish at remembering people too. Even in the supermarket, if I leave my stuff on the conveyor and dash back for cream (its always cream) I am completely stumped when i try to find "my" checkout because all the assistants look the same.

Yes, me too. :(

I like to think I have perfected a multi-purpose enigmatic smile. :cool: It probably looks like wind.

The most boring two or three days of my life was typing binary numbers into a computer to programme it.

Why? Youve got a big umbrella havent you? Just wrap yourself up and enjoy the sunshine. :)

Something to do with a broken window, i think they said. :confused:

They make out like its something thats just bad luck and happens out of the blue, but something has to go wrong for it to crash.
    Good Afternoon Honey.:+))))))))))))))))))

We seldom have to type in binary as 4 characters of Hex covers 16 binary bits.

It isn't the rain falling that stops me working in the garden, it's made the ground muddy so i could slip and at this stage of the Op i can't really afford that.

They are now saying the co-pilot shut the pilot out and selected the plane to dive.

Even in the programs i write i wouldn't allow that to happen.
    They must have some stupid programs, i thought the planes were supposed to be controlled by 100 computers.

How on earth can we be in 2015 and have controls that let a pilot select operations that would crash or stall the plane.

They don't seem to have many safety things on planes do they.
    Forum Member
    Good Afternoon Honey.:+))))))))))))))))))

We seldom have to type in binary as 4 characters of Hex covers 16 binary bits.

It isn't the rain falling that stops me working in the garden, it's made the ground muddy so i could slip and at this stage of the Op i can't really afford that.

They are now saying the co-pilot shut the pilot out and selected the plane to dive.

Even in the programs i write i wouldn't allow that to happen.
    They must have some stupid programs, i thought the planes were supposed to be controlled by 100 computers.

How on earth can we be in 2015 and have controls that let a pilot select operations that would crash or stall the plane.

They don't seem to have many safety things on planes do they.

The computer thing was in 1984 so it was all a bit primitive compared to now, i think.

So it was terrorism then? :o they definitely need better safeguards then. How awful!
    Forum Member
    I know it is difficult to give up smoking, but I thought exactly the same as Katie Hopkins and I bet other people are just as bemused too. (not that I'd have said anything)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3012475/Katie-Hopkins-faces-online-backlash-calling-Angelina-Jolie-smug-revealing-cancer-scare-surgery.html
    Forum Member
    I know it is difficult to give up smoking, but I thought exactly the same as Katie Hopkins and I bet other people are just as bemused too. (not that I'd have said anything)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3012475/Katie-Hopkins-faces-online-backlash-calling-Angelina-Jolie-smug-revealing-cancer-scare-surgery.html
    It seems that Angelina may not have relations that have died of Cancer from smoking.

But she must be pretty crazy to go through all those operations and carry on smoking.

It's not sending out the right vibes.
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Evening all :D

How is Pippin tonight Honey? I'm so glad it was done at last....
    When my sister comes over this eyar (with car) I think I shall make an appointment at the main surgery, for Amy-Louise, whose nipples still look as if they are ready for action :o. The senior vets hardly ever slum it at the branch surgery>:(
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

Chilly but lovely and sunny in London this morning.
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Everone & Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))

Dry, warmish and windless, almost, with 6 hrs of sun.
    Forum Member
    Evening all :D

How is Pippin tonight Honey? I'm so glad it was done at last....
    When my sister comes over this eyar (with car) I think I shall make an appointment at the main surgery, for Amy-Louise, whose nipples still look as if they are ready for action :o. The senior vets hardly ever slum it at the branch surgery>:(
    Pippin is recovering well. :) I, however am not. :( I was poisoned at college last night by some daft wassock despite her being aware of the allergy thing. >:(>:(>:(

Pippin's cone of shame is just too uncomfortable for her to use. It is stiff plastic and very long. She cant lie down properly in it so i don't know why they bothered? I bet nobody leaves them on.

Morning Everone & Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))

Dry, warmish and windless, almost, with 6 hrs of sun.

It still very chilly in the wind though.
    Good morning you lot.

In just a few weeks time we will all be moaning that it is too hot. :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In just a few weeks time we will all be moaning that it is too hot. :D

Lol it wont be hot next week at any rate - well it is Easter week!:D
    Forum Member
    Hello all :D
    Pippin is recovering well. :) I, however am not. :( I was poisoned at college last night by some daft wassock despite her being aware of the allergy thing.

Pippin's cone of shame is just too uncomfortable for her to use. It is stiff plastic and very long. She cant lie down properly in it so i don't know why they bothered? I bet nobody leaves them on.

I hope she was suitably remorseful? >:(

My 4 bitches didn't need cones of shame, as their incisins were fairly high up, and they couldn't reach them :cool:
    You can also get what look almost like life jackets (of humiliation), which are quite good, but didn't quite stop Blossom Mootle from rubbing her eye.. I am still struggling with her licking her lower leg until she makes a sore spot.:(.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see Dermot as left the XF after 8 years (didn't realise it was that long!!) Olly Murs is seen as fav to replace him, though Emma Willis has been mentioned, but then she gets mentioned for everything it seems lol I think its safe to say he wont be coming back to BB !
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Evening all - so glad Pippin is doing well Honey, you'll need a few days to recover - bad enough to have the worry let alone food poisoning on top of it all.

Both our cats have had the very fetching babygro type garment post surgery Moots, they dispensed with the cone the minute they were out of the carry box!

You might find HOney that Pippin will try to lick more as it heals - that's when it starts to itch and they become aware of it.

Very wise Hicky to stay out of the garden while it's slippery - you don't want to be back in hospital freezing cold and with awful food!
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    Lol it wont be hot next week at any rate - well it is Easter week!:D

Thats true. :D I will get my snow shoes ready.
    Hello all :D

I hope she was suitably remorseful? >:( .

Was she hell! I wanted to pick her up by her garlicky hair and chuck her out. (but i actually sat and said nothing and hoped for the best)
    H
    My 4 bitches didn't need cones of shame, as their incisins were fairly high up, and they couldn't reach them :cool: .

High up? Pippins seem to be quite low down. Too low for any of the dog clothes we have to cover it. Did yours have keyhole surgery?
    Since the start of the vet fiasco they have been taken over by another firm and the prices have tripled. >:(
    You can also get what look almost like life jackets (of humiliation), which are quite good, but didn't quite stop Blossom Mootle from rubbing her eye.. I am still struggling with her licking her lower leg until she makes a sore spot. .
    Is that the blow up ones? We used to have something like that as a pillow rest in the car. I remember when Gretel had her op she was thoroughly and tightly stitched like a zip so there was little chance of it being disturbed, but Pippin only has a few stitches and loads of gap.
    I see Dermot as left the XF after 8 years (didn't realise it was that long!!) Olly Murs is seen as fav to replace him, though Emma Willis has been mentioned, but then she gets mentioned for everything it seems lol I think its safe to say he wont be coming back to BB !

Olly would be a good choice.
    Evening all - so glad Pippin is doing well Honey, you'll need a few days to recover - bad enough to have the worry let alone food poisoning on top of it all.

i am traumatised by trying to give her the giant antibiotic capsule. She spat it out seven times tonight, and i pride myself on normally being a bit of an expert on delivering medication. :blush: The problem is that although the dose in the capsule changes according to the size of the dog the capsules stay the same size, and it is simply too big for a tiny dog to swallow easily even if she wanted to. Which she doesnt.
    Both our cats have had the very fetching babygro type garment post surgery Moots, they dispensed with the cone the minute they were out of the carry box!

Pippin is currently modelling the "Dress Of Derision" that i fashioned from asda baby vests. :D Nobby tried to pull it off her in a jealous rage.

You might find HOney that Pippin will try to lick more as it heals - that's when it starts to itch and they become aware of it.!
    Oh no. She is already running out of stitches. I do wish i hadn't read something about a dog ripping open stitches and eating his own intestines! :o
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Dermy will do next?
    Er Strictly perhaps??

High up? Pippins seem to be quite low down. Too low for any of the dog clothes we have to cover it. Did yours have keyhole surgery?
    Since the start of the vet fiasco they have been taken over by another firm and the prices have tripled. >:(

Is that the blow up ones? We used to have something like that as a pillow rest in the car. I remember when Gretel had her op she was thoroughly and tightly stitched like a zip so there was little chance of it being disturbed, but Pippin only has a few stitches and loads of gap.

Olly would be a good choice.

i am traumatised by trying to give her the giant antibiotic capsule. She spat it out seven times tonight, and i pride myself on normally being a bit of an expert on delivering medication. :blush: The problem is that although the dose in the capsule changes according to the size of the dog the capsules stay the same size, and it is simply too big for a tiny dog to swallow easily even if she wanted to. Which she doesnt.

Pippin is currently modelling the "Dress Of Derision" that i fashioned from asda baby vests. :D Nobby tried to pull it off her in a jealous rage.
    Oh no. She is already running out of stitches. I do wish i hadn't read something about a dog ripping open stitches and eating his own intestines! :o

No, it wasn't keyhole surgery, and there is only one stitch - Alison-the-vet is extremely talented. I don't know how she managed it!

Maybe the antibiotic capsule is the one you can open and sprinkle on the food?

arrrrrgh I also wish you hadn't read about the dog that ate his intestines!!!:o
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

It's cold here. :( The sun is struggling to come out so there's a little hope the day will end well. :)
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

It's cold here. :( The sun is struggling to come out so there's a little hope the day will end well. :)
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))))))

Good Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))

Warm, Windy, Wet and Dull expected here.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone - the baby vest sounds fine Honey, it's similar to the ones you can buy from the vet. They have poppers at the rear and a large space around the tail area to allow for going to the loo. Martha was very happy in hers and I only took it off once to wash it, in the 10 days that she wore it.

There are lots of sub cutaneous stitches so even if she managed to remove the outer stitch as long as you spot it soon enough, she should be fine.

I also wish you hadn't read about the dog who ate ............................!
    Forum Member
    No, it wasn't keyhole surgery, and there is only one stitch - Alison-the-vet is extremely talented. I don't know how she managed it!
    I fear that our thingy the vet is less talented. :(
    Maybe the antibiotic capsule is the one you can open and sprinkle on the food?
    Is it heck. I could only open it by sawing it and then there was nothing left of the contents, however, this morning we got it down her on the fourth attempt. They really are huge tablets. I would have trouble myself.

Morning everyone - the baby vest sounds fine Honey, it's similar to the ones you can buy from the vet. They have poppers at the rear and a large space around the tail area to allow for going to the loo. Martha was very happy in hers and I only took it off once to wash it, in the 10 days that she wore it.

There are lots of sub cutaneous stitches so even if she managed to remove the outer stitch as long as you spot it soon enough, she should be fine.

I also wish you hadn't read about the dog who ate ............................!
    Oh it sounds just like my creation. :D Pippin has decided she is completely better and has been flinging herself around after her ball. we are down to one stitch now and it looks very open but is dry, so i suppose it is ok.

We went out to buy turf and couldnt find any. I was wondering if there was a turf shortage or something and had to phone Hicky for help :D We decided to get it on the way back and went off to Cheshire Oaks outlet centre where we went the wrong way round twice and got lost so I was walking like an ape after a while.
    I noticed that both Ralph Lauren shops had a queue to get in :confused: I know its a decent brand but i am amazed that anyone would queue for it. :confused: We certainly didn't bother! I was looking for towels. There is barely a decent towel in the north West at the moment. >:( I can only see the point of either huge thick fluffy ones that last forever, or the very thin ones that dry quick and you can fit lots in the washing machine. All i could see were mid range neither hither nor thither crap!
    I did get an enormous memory foam mattress though, and a lime green pan, skin cream, pants, thermal vests, t shirts, green primer, lipstick, oxtail soup, portmerion bowls, a load of shopping from Morrisons, and a net petticoat, so when we went to get the turf we realised we had no room for it in the boot and we have to back in the morning :o
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Dermy will do next?
    Er Strictly perhaps??
    I was looking in the "whispers"
    Sun
    today in Sainsburys and they say Dermot was fired rather than left.

Is it just me having trouble with half the words on the post going missing between writing them and it appearing on the thread? :confused::confused::confused: