Corrie's 'love square' storyline RUINED

AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
Forum Member
✭✭
By the inclusion of the awful Tracey Barlow into the storyline. Kate Ford's acting is as bad as ever.
And just as the storyline was getting really good.

What a shame.

Comments

• TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh FGS :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not in the Kate ford hate club but I totally agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes sense to me, she too knew about Peter's affair with Lucy, and kept quiet. This is interesting as it's the other way around this time and it'll be interesting to see what she does....

If only she knew that Carla loved Peter :confused:
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, OP
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS everybody moaning about Tracy as usual. She's brilliant.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh FGS :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::rolleyes:
    Taz93 wrote: »
    FFS everybody moaning about Tracy as usual. She's brilliant.
    I'm sorry. Should I have cleared it with you two first before starting this thread? :rolleyes:
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one is denying that the character Tracy could be brilliant in the story line. It just needs someone who could really act. I believe, Kate Ford is probably a very nice person but not a brilliant actress.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    It makes sense to me, she too knew about Peter's affair with Lucy, and kept quiet. This is interesting as it's the other way around this time and it'll be interesting to see what she does....

If only she knew that Carla loved Pete
    r :confused:

Did not Carla say that she couldn't help falling in love with him at the beginning of their chat? Or did Trace have selective hearing?

And OP, it's still totally salvageable. Because Alison, Jane and Chris have enough chemistry/tension/amazingness about them to counter act Tracey and even Nick..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I'm sorry. Should I have cleared it with you two first before starting this thread? :rolleyes:

:D:D
    Did not Carla say that she couldn't help falling in love with him at the beginning of their chat? Or did Trace have selective hearing?

And OP, it's still totally salvageable. Because Alison, Jane and Chris have enough chemistry/tension/amazingness about them to counter act Tracey and even Nick..

Yep. she definitely heard that, but has conveniently forgotten that bit.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am actually enjoying the storyline a lot more now, can't wait to see what happens next.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

just spat out my virtual tea just brewed in another corrie thread:D
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was rather good tonight, too long have Tilsley and Battersby been making fools of poor Peter

The OP seems rather overdramatic saying it's "ruined" hardly, Tracy only has a small part in the storyline
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was rather good tonight, too long have Tilsley and Battersby been making fools of poor Peter
    The OP seems rather overdramatic saying it's "ruined" hardly, Tracy only has a small part in the storyline

This is true. Its a soap after all, they would have been found out sooner or later.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member

Haha that's quality! :D
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    no I don't think this ruined it. I'm still confused as to why leanne would cheat on peter the story doesnt work on the her and nick side cos he looks like her dad and they have no chemistry.
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed the new direction the story has taken now that Tracy knows - the status quo has been stagnating for long enough, so by widening the group of people who know about the affair (and by giving that information to Tracy, who is, for all her faults, a very dynamic and driven character), they have added an extra dimension to the story, allowing it to build momentum in the run-up to the blessing next week. I have no doubt that Tracy will now be used as a catalyst to drive the story forward to the inevitable explosion that has been a long time coming!
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I think it's a brilliant twist.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeg wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed the new direction the story has taken now that Tracy knows - the status quo has been stagnating for long enough, so by widening the group of people who know about the affair (and by giving that information to Tracy, who is, for all her faults, a very dynamic and driven character), they have added an extra dimension to the story, allowing it to build momentum in the run-up to the blessing next week. I have no doubt that Tracy will now be used as a catalyst to drive the story forward to the inevitable explosion that has been a long time coming!

Completely agree, I don't think that the inclusion of Tracy has ruined the story at all, if anything it has propelled it forward and will lead to even more drama. I like that Tracy (for once) has shown genuine concern for her stepbrother and has decided not to spill the beans. I quite enjoyed her scenes last night and I think she came into her own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree, I don't think that the inclusion of Tracy has ruined the story at all, if anything it has propelled it forward and will lead to even more drama. I like that Tracy (for once) has shown genuine concern for her stepbrother and has decided not to spill the beans. I quite enjoyed her scenes last night and I think she came into her own.
    Exactly - we very rarely get to see that side of Tracy. She admitted to Nick that it was 'six and two threes', ie that she'd thought as much about how she could use the information for her own enjoyment as about what it meant for Peter, but if it was anyone else she wouldn't have hesitated at all, she'd have immediately gone for maximum destruction just because she could. So the fact that she held back, gave the matter serious consideration and even sought advice demonstrates her genuine regard for Peter's welfare. For once, she actually wants to do the right thing, even if she remains unsure what that actually is. Whether or not she will continue to hold her tongue remains to be seen, but her measured approach so far was a refreshing departure from her usual behaviour.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a great twist. The storyline needed a new angle and it's got it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True but the scene with the Barlows where she announced it was just cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    True but the scene with the Barlows where she announced it was just cringeworthy.
    See, I liked that scene. Looking past the weak acting, there was a lot of important character exploration packed into the scene - Ken and Deirdre explaining exactly why they have chosen to support Leanne and conceal the truth from Peter, and Tracy being stung by that support because their regard for Leanne makes her feel keenly how much she herself has disappointed them. And there were some brilliant one-liners - "she is relatively frigid compared to you!"

Ditto her scene with Nick - sure, the acting could be better, but despite that there was a lot of meaty character work in there: Nick admitting that Leanne is in love with Peter (something he has been desperate to deny up till now); Nick accusing Tracy of being jealous of the family unit that Leanne, Peter and Simon have built (true of Nick himself as well as of Tracy, jealousy of their family unit was part of what drove him to pursue Leanne so strongly); Nick so obviously being only too happy for Tracy to tell Peter everything despite not having the guts to do it himself (because it gives him hope that their marriage might fall apart after all, which is what he's been trying to achieve all along); and Tracy admitting that she is torn between her desire to do the right thing by her brother and her desire to use this newfound information for maximum effect.

I enjoyed her confrontation with Leanne, as well, which raised a lot of important points and allowed Leanne to express a lot of the guilt and regret she's been carrying around for months now.

Ford's acting might not be up to the standards of some of the other players in this storyline (I really wish it were, as Tracy could and should be a much stronger character than she is) but her inclusion in this storyline is working well for me, so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, I liked that scene. Looking past the weak acting, there was a lot of important character exploration packed into the scene - Ken and Deirdre explaining exactly why they have chosen to support Leanne and conceal the truth from Peter, and Tracy being stung by that support because their regard for Leanne makes her feel keenly how much she herself has disappointed them. And there were some brilliant one-liners - "she is relatively frigid compared to you!"
    Ditto her scene with Nick - sure, the acting could be better, but despite that there was a lot of meaty character work in there: Nick admitting that Leanne is in love with Peter (something he has been desperate to deny up till now); Nick accusing Tracy of being jealous of the family unit that Leanne, Peter and Simon have built (true of Nick himself as well as of Tracy, jealousy of their family unit was part of what drove him to pursue Leanne so strongly); Nick so obviously being only too happy for Tracy to tell Peter everything despite not having the guts to do it himself.

I enjoyed her confrontation with Leanne, as well, which raised a lot of important points and allowed Leanne to express a lot of the guilt and regret she's been carrying around for months now.

Ford's acting might not be up to the standards of some of the other players in this storyline (I really wish it were, as Tracy could and should be a much stronger character than she is) but her inclusion in this storyline is working well for me, so far.

:D:D I loved that.

I dunno, I'm not in the group of folk who seem to love to slag Kate Ford off, I thought she was great last time but something along the line isn't right this time, maybe she's just overshadowed by Jane Danson and Alison King but I just think she's lost her superbitch side, she used to think she was invincible but was likeable enough as a bitch to carry it off. This time she's just pathetic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    I dunno, I'm not in the group of folk who seem to love to slag Kate Ford off, I thought she was great last time but something along the line isn't right this time, maybe she's just overshadowed by Jane Danson and Alison King but I just think she's lost her superbitch side, she used to think she was invincible but was likeable enough as a bitch to carry it off. This time she's just pathetic.
    I don't like to criticise Kate Ford either, but I do generally agree that her return to the show hasn't worked out well, on the whole. She was massively overplayed in her first week back to facilitate Claire's exit storyline, and that storyline damaged the character badly. She desperately needs to be given more balance and nuance, as a character - an issue with both the writing and the acting. That was partly why I enjoyed most of her scenes last night, as they did show us another side to her. It seems, though, that having built her up as such a panto villain in so many ways, both the writers and the actress are struggling now to tone her down again and make her more sympathetic, which she needs to be.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, the character hasn't been back long enough for this hate. Get over it.