Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/NicoHines/status/337316328794882050/photo/1
    Jason Puddlefoot, a window cleaner from Woolwich, said he would defend Britain to the death against Muslims

Well, people like that won't exactly be missed, will they?
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking.They just seem a couple of mentally unbalanced people in a random killing. I wonder how the "terrorism" subject first came up?

On the ITV video he was saying about "our land", but didn't say which one. He just seems to be a black English person to me.

The odd thing is the black woman walking behind him with her shopping trolley looking at the dead bloke in the road and just continuing walking as if its an every day occurrence.
    It seems to be media rattle as the attackers allegedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" (God is great). This apparently is enough to automatically make them Islamic terrorists! :confused:

In the paranoia everyone else appears to have overlooked the terrorist trademark, or the possibility that these pair of lunatics would do anything to increase anti-Muslim tensions in this country.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Rip my thoughts are with the soldiers family:(

Both sides who are foaming at the mouth here need to wind their necks in. Yes some of the posts here are inflammatory. But so are those who proclaim to be the voice of reason are just as guilty. Those who are calling the EDl opportunistic scum for capitalising on someone's murder, then use this tragedy to bash the edl, Pot calling kettle black ?
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Someones started a Facebook group RIP Woolwich Soldier https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Woolwich-Soldier/136706656523601

Its already got 767 thousand 'likes' :eek:

Nothing wrong with the page, until you see who the page owner also 'likes'.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Because its not happening that's why, 99% of Muslims are decent law abiding folk with no malice for others and the quicker we deal with radical extremists the better it will be for all.

40% would prefer to be Sharia Law abiding folk...
  • Options
    gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, people like that won't exactly be missed, will they?

Well some windows might be a bit dirtier.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fox News taking the hysterical route I see
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getzls wrote: »
    Any stand is better than no stand.

You would still be saying these things as they were cutting your head off.

What stand is it that the EDL are taking - what message is it that they're conveying - other than the obvious "hey we're a bunch of bigoted drunken f*ckwits"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You would still be saying these things as they were cutting your head off.

If there is a credible threat, that is the time to make a stand. Although the threat would have to be big for such a nationwide stand to take place. If they were cutting my head off they would only serve to prove to the country how barbaric they are, and inspire others to make the stand you speak of.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stills of the man with the bloodied hands on the front pages of several papers tomorrow.

Sounds like good, sensible, measured reporting which will in no way serve a central aim of the terrorists (ie to terrorise the nation).

It really isn't. Drunken, racist thugs on the street aren't making a stand, they are making a nuisance of themselves.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A now removed post of Galloways Twitter suggested the squaddie deserved to die according to a poster on another forum.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Might making filling the car up rather pricey...

Exactly. And how much money has been wasted on invasions, wars and 'aid'? How many billions could've been put into investing in alternative energy sources instead?
  • Options
    gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a window cleaner offers to give his life defending this country from the threat of islam
    Sounds like a nice chap :D
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    A now removed post of Galloways Twitter suggested the squaddie deserved to die according to a poster on another forum.

that wouldnt surprise me if true
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Fox News taking the hysterical route I see

Oh god, I dread to think........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    So a window cleaner offers to give his life defending this country from the threat of islam
    Sounds like a nice chap :D

I might give him a ring, my windows need a good clean
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    that wouldnt surprise me if true

I hope for Galloways sake its not, if its true then I hope he gets his comeuppance.
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    It seems to be media rattle as the attackers allegedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" (God is great). This apparently is enough to automatically make them Islamic terrorists! :confused:

In the paranoia everyone else appears to have overlooked the terrorist trademark, or the possibility that these pair of lunatics would do anything to increase anti-Muslim tensions in this country.

And supposedly said something about God on the video which no news outlet has chosen to show for "editorial reasons".
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »

Hang on a moment.

These two specifically targeted an off duty squaddie and clearly stated, "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" - they then hung around until the Trojan officers arrived and then made towards them in a clear attempt at martyrdom.

What more do you need before you accept that this is a terrorist attack?
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    My apologies for my previous posts, I worked in a London hospital during the aftermath of 7/11 hence my utter hatred of terrorists and those who commit acts in the name of religion.

I will proudly wear my H4H t shirt to show my support

I grew up in the military during a time when we had to check under our cars every day for IRA bombs. My dad, brother and husband all served in the Forces. Three of my friends were killed when their Hercules was shot down over Afghanistan.

I have a hatred of terrorists too. Anyone who is normal does.

I hope you buy your shirt though, it's a good cause and they need all the help they can get.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Question: If you were in the street and approached by a man with a machete, blood all over him and a dead body in the middle of the road, would you get out your camera-phone and think, "This will be a great laugh to film"?

Me, I'd be heading the other direction very fast.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    As I said before, we just cannot win though, the majority of Iraq were against Saddam, we removed him, yet still some Muslims hate us for the invasion and use it as a justification for terrorism. If we had carried on supporting Saddam, a secular dictator, that could also have been used as a justification for terrorism.

I don't think there's any doubt the majority Shia of Iraq wanted Saddam removed. In Afghanistan's case, after the initial removal of the Taliban, most were in favour of their removal. If the Taliban and their other supporters from Pakistan hadn't continually sent in fighters for the past 10+ years the country could have been put on a stable footing. As it is, they have succeeded in creating enough conflict & instability to think any change might be better.

Surely the best way to win is not to get so involved in other people's countries in the name of our own self-interest. There's no point dressing it up as a humanitarian intervention. Let's not forget that it was an illegal invasion. Lots of people all over the world were angry about that war (and the fabrications leading up to it) not just people in the middle east. The basic point is this; Islamic terrorism is disgusting and reprehensible but the hands of the west aren't exactly clean.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    The Telegraph has an interview with a woman who talked to the killers and kept their attention on her - pretty horrific, but interesting.

Confirms the apparent main guy wasn't drunk or high or obviously mentally ill, that he was coherent and knew what he was doing.

Also says that he wanted to "start a war in Britain tonight", so thanks, EDL, for doing exactly what he wanted :rolleyes:

Wow what an incredible woman, nice to hear that there are still so many decent people around.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    I hope for Galloways sake its not, if its true then I hope he gets his comeuppance.

it would help if this person provided proof with a screenshot
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Surely the best way to win is not to get so involved in other people's countries in the name of our own self-interest. There's no point dressing it up as a humanitarian intervention. Let's not forget that it was an illegal invasion. Lots of people all over the world were angry about that war (and the fabrications leading up to it) not just people in the middle east. The basic point is this; Islamic terrorism is disgusting and reprehensible but the hands of the west aren't exactly clean.

The west has been meddling in the ME for years. We're not about to stop anytime soon, not whilst there is profit to be had...
This discussion has been closed.