UFC Discussion Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lawler v Brown was excellent, up there for one of the fights of the year so far. I hope Lawler goes on to win the title, he's a UFC veteran, i remember him in the early UFC when he had hair :D, he has come back looking like a new fighter.

I'm surprised there are not more main events, there is a depth of talent in the UFC, with lots of divisions, yet we have to wait until the end of August early September for the next main event.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the Lawler fight had a few too many tricks up his sleeve for Brown

Yup I loved it. Big fan of both guys and Lawler again started smiling when getting punched in the face. Who cannot enjoy that. :D The guy's a warrior!

I hope he takes Hendricks and claims the belt too.

Rumble Johnson made pretty damn quick work of Lil Nog too. I appreciate the Nogs are nowhere near what they used to be but still imipressive.

Can't wait for Jones vs DC, but them (and Gus) aside, Rumble looks a proper force in the LHW division. Ridiculous to think he used to fight at Welterweight.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as I love Lawler as a fighter - I dont think he will beat Hendriks in a rematch
    I think the Welterweight division is rather like the heavyweight division with both having clear champions and both having clear No.1 contenders

As for both Big Nog and Little Nog I think the time has come to call it a day both have had some shockingly bad losses recently and both are no where near the force they once were
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz, confirmed as being headlining a ppv on January 31st in Vegas. Oh my!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diaz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see Diaz knocking him out... his chin looks suspect after weidman exposed it (in both fights)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diaz is the greatest of all time....ever....forever!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    diaz is the greatest of all time....ever....forever!

Obviously something in the drinking water where you live fella :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor Mgregor V Dustin Poirier
    http://uk.ufc.com/event/UFC178#/fight

a decent opponent.. we can see whether he is the real deal or not now
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Jones/Cormier just had a big brawl at the 178 Media Day.

That fights going to be crazy.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz, confirmed as being headlining a ppv on January 31st in Vegas. Oh my!

I hope that Silva puts up a good showing, as it would be sad to see him come back and do himself justice.
    Whilst age is catching up to him now, he still surely has too much for a Diaz brother one would imagine.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Jones vs Cormier fight is off due to a leg injury to Jones, now been rescheduled for Jan 3 2015 (UFC 182).

Guess they'll have to look for another main card for 178.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demetrious Johnson v Chris Cariasso is the new main event for 178.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demetrious Johnson v Chris Cariasso is the new main event for 178.

I do love me some of Mighty Mouse! :D
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Jones vs Cormier fight is off due to a leg injury to Jones, now been rescheduled for Jan 3 2015 (UFC 182).

Guess they'll have to look for another main card for 178.

A bit gutted by this news. This is the fight I have been waiting for, for quite some time. I reckon Cormier is by far the biggest threat to Jones's belt.

Apparently Gustaffsson is kicking up a fuss saying that he deserves to have his re-match with Jones again, but they'd better stick with DC.

Can't say I'm all that excited by their replacements at UFC 178 either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    A bit gutted by this news. This is the fight I have been waiting for, for quite some time. I reckon Cormier is by far the biggest threat to Jones's belt.

Apparently Gustaffsson is kicking up a fuss saying that he deserves to have his re-match with Jones again, but they'd better stick with DC.

Can't say I'm all that excited by their replacements at UFC 178 either.

I was looking forward to Jones Cormier fight - can understand why Gustaffsson is cheesed off though in a lot of peoples judgement he won the last fight
    as for mighty mouse I really think they have gone overboard with him
    he has got the decision on a number of times when he clearly lost the fight Miguel Torres had a full mount 6 times and still lost which was daylight Robbery

He also lost the first 1st fight with Uncle Creepy MacCall
    he was completely out fought by Dominic Cruz as well so I dont get all this top 5 pound for pound ranking of him at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »

Thats going to be a barnstomer that is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why BT Sports is still showing the damn cricket, instead of the UFC prelims as scheduled?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why BT Sports is still showing the damn cricket, instead of the UFC prelims as scheduled?!
    They would of been better showing the cricket over the Bader fight.. always going to be a boring affair
    big hats off to Ross Pearson surely the best result of his career after the Diego Sanchez fiasco
    Forum Member
    Was happy for Ross and a good way to bounce back from the Sanchez fight. Next weekend Bisbing v Le / Henderson v Dos then Dillashaw v Barao at the end ofthe month, looking forward to that fight, just hope Barao brings more of his 'A' game compared to fight number 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Deccomajor;74319354Dillashaw v Barao at the end ofthe month, looking forward to that fight, just hope Barao brings more of his 'A' game compared to fight number 1.[/QUOTE]

I dont see the fight outcome changing much.. Dillashaws non stop attacks overwhelmed Barao
    more of the same I thnk

Bisping is fighting for his career - a defeat to Cung Le leaves him with no where to go
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'm a long time UFC fan and current Las Vegas resident. What do guys think about Diego Sanchez? He puts on a great show but he just isn't winning the score cards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a long time UFC fan and current Las Vegas resident. What do guys think about Diego Sanchez? He puts on a great show but he just isn't winning the score cards.

I love Diego he has really been in some of the toughest UFC fights ever seen and although he is now no where near as good he still deserves respect

something Norman Parkes did not do when calling him a punk on TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renan Barao out of UFC177 apparently cannot make the weight cut Dana White very upset with him
    Dillashaw says he is too scared to fight him

Joe Soto making his UFC debut will replace Barao for the title shot
    Forum Member
    Renan Barao out of UFC177 apparently cannot make the weight cut Dana White very upset with him
    Dillashaw says he is too scared to fight him

Joe Soto making his UFC debut will replace Barao for the title shot

Shame as i was looking forward to the rematch. I'm a big fan of UFC and MMA but i had to look up who Joe Soto was :D
    Just hope it's a good fight.