Options

Why do you THINK Winston was evicted?

TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
Forum Member
More general poll, as obviously [thread=1995892]this[/thread] doesn't apply to everyone.

He was too close to Helen
He was competition for a(nother) potential winner
To save others in this particular eviction (nothing personal)
He was boring
Particular things he’s done this week/recently
Other (tell us more…)

Pick as many as you like if you think they played a part

Why do you THINK Winston was evicted? 681 votes

He was too close to Helen
25% 173 votes
He was competition for a(nother) potential winner
16% 114 votes
To save others in this particular eviction (nothing personal)
14% 100 votes
He was boring
23% 158 votes
Particular things he’s done this week/recently
13% 92 votes
Other (tell us more…)
6% 44 votes

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a mix of the 2nd, 3rd and 5th options
  • Options
    PepperPlantPepperPlant Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Just watched it on Demand 5, I'm really shocked! I didn't really want any of them to go, feel bad for him cos he did seem to be a nice guy overall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Gosh, where to start. The constant gormless look on his face, his horrible laugh, his attempt to be joey essex no. 2, his body builder posturing and too cool for school swagger, his I'm Winston and I'm untouchable attitude, his last ditch attempt to secure money whatever the outcome of the series by suggesting the pact, his simmering fury when the money was gone, his all the girls will love me attitude from the beginning, his inability to sit in the diary room chair without his legs being spread wider than....well,... Kim's! His reputation for weeing all over the toilet floor/seat/ and for all we know probably mirror! His eating habits, surpassed only by revolting Steven, his wide-boy-ness and oh, yeah, last but not least.....his story about vomitting on a girls vag and his expectation that it would make him popular! Enough reasons?
  • Options
    Sarahmonial2Sarahmonial2 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - (could be called too close to Helen) but the laughing at Helen's vileness and bitching really put me off Winston big time.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He chose the wrong side. His sniggering at the arguments he couldn't be bothered joining in with. His vacuousness. His arrogance.
  • Options
    bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% the double eviction opened up the opportunity for a campaign to get him out and clear the field for Ashleigh or Christopher to win (sorry Chris supporters but I dont think Chris stands a chance against these 2).

I'm not a Winston fan but I do hope his fans (if he had any) take note and transfer there support wisely.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Three things:

1: Ashleigh's fans voting to take out the competition.

2: Chris's and Christopher's fans voting to keep them in.

3: Complacency from Winston's fans assuming he was completely safe & failing to vote for anyone else.
  • Options
    Arnold1Arnold1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. His dumb act was wearing thin.

2. He was fake. He told Helen to be herself as she had no chance of winning. This suggests he was putting on a fake act along.

3. I didn't like the way he treated his so-called friend Marlon. Showed himself to be a ruthless gameplayer when he abandoned his "friend" so easily. Marlon would have stood by him in the same situation.

4. Many other reasons that were mentioned in the poll.
  • Options
    wwinterjwwinterj Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted other: It was the luck of the draw. Mark got the most votes and I guess Pav, Chris and Winston got near enough the same votes but Winston had the most. I don't think it was even that many.

As for reasons why people would evict him? While he's entertaining sometimes he has been a bit dull most the time. I also think perhaps some people got a little tired of his outburts. That's all I've got. I personally liked Winston but want Ash to win. :kitty:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boring?

Was he more boring than Pav ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got a clue why Winston went :confused: I wasn't a fan and didn't want him to win at all but he was pretty inoffensive I thought. I did not expect him to go and believed he would have a strong teen following and do well because of that. I was very happy to see him go purely to wipe the smug arrogant smiles from Helen and ash's face but other than that I can't say why he went and I don't think he deserved to go. Having said that I don't think he brought much to the table and so I won't miss him either. :)
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Boring?

Was he more boring than Pav ?

Yes. At least Pav can string a sentence together and is not acting a part
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, he bored me. But the public and I hardly ever see eye to eye (and I like it that way) and the majority seemed to be endeared to him. I hate to say it, but I think it had a lot to do with the "cliques" and Helen's influence on the public. Can't say I'm sad to see the smug, boring bastard go. But my word, the public are total sheep and rather unscrupulous if they want to ruin someone's chances at 100K just to "even the odds." It's not like Winston was up Helen's ass like Mark and Ash. Hell, even Chris was shown to say more good about Helen than Winston. He would just laugh at her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he bored and irritated the bejesus out of me but I think it was a mixture of all of the above options.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    LochLion wrote: »
    Well he bored and irritated the bejesus out of me but I think it was a mixture of all of the above options.

I think it was a mixture of all the options too.

Personally I would have voted him out because I didn't want another winner like last years. Fed up of the "teeny" voters voting for someone who 'is fit'. Would rather someone win who contributed to the entertainment even if I disliked them.

I also think the majority of those who are shouting the most about how unfair it is he went are the Ashleigh/ Chris dislikers rather than the Winston supporters on here.
  • Options
    jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. closeness to Helen.

2. Attacking Chris but not Ash or Mark.

3. Justifying 2 by saying he knew Ash and Mark (incorrectly) would share fairly.

4. Apparent interest in Tamarra followed by flirting with Danielle and scared-flirting with Bianca.

5. Flirting with Danielle.

6. Arrogance - he thought he was going to win.

7. Arrogance - the other HMs were sure he was going to win.

8. Arrogance - BB thought he would win.

9. Blatant hate campaigns against Chris and to a lesser extent Pav backfired. Some people voted Winston to keep Chris and Pav in.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    I think there are probably far fewer people bothering to vote this series than ever before. BB production influence nominations far more than they ever have done in the past, so I think the casual viewer can't be bothered to spend money voting to evict HM's that are not fairly up for eviction. BB would have made a fortune if Helen had been up in a vote to evict in the first half of this series. As it is, I can't see there being a huge amount of votes for any of the remaining HM's to win.
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wanted him out for sucking up to helen. I saw a clip in which Winston, tired of hearing Helen TALK BEHIND christophers back, called her out in the bedroom.

He told her she was wrong to keep going on about it, reemed her out for ranting about it for half an hour. Reminded her that she said she only says things to peoples faces etc. i think we all saw the clip. Helen was foul as usual, claiming that Mark was her friend, thats why she is Allowed to be bitching about Christopher behind his back.

Winston didnt agree....then the next day Fricken SUCKS up to helen and gives her a Grovelling apology.

What a weak man !! in some ways weaker then Ash because Winston expected to win and then changed his character/focus that last week. The money task proved it. He was so different since that money issue came up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winston was evicted for many reasons

1) He was incredibly dull.
    2)He is a misogynist.
    3)He was smug, arrogant and complacent and was convinced that a BB victory was 'in the bag'.
    4)He pretended that he was much thicker than in reality...playing up to some ridiculous caricature of an 'Essex geezer'.
    5)He is shallow, vain and vacuous, and his constant flexing of biceps was ridiculous.
    6)He is like a Neanderthal, eats like a pig and can barely hold a knife and fork.
    7)He was sleazy.
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it was a combination of all of those options really.

I personally voted him out because I didn't want him to undeservedly win, and also because his dumb/happy-go-lucky act disappeared frequently whenever anything went wrong for him in terms of the game - eg Toya and Matthew cancelling the nominations of some of the "cool gang", and Chris saying yes to the £15,000.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    It could have been any number of things...being close to Helen didn't help him, nor did being totally boring...but I voted for, Particular things he’s done this week/recently, that's what did him in.

He assumed he was going to win...got cocky...started mouthing off at Chris.
  • Options
    jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is farcical that they seemed so mystified. There must be something seriously wrong with their audience and guest selections if none of them could see why Winston was evicted. A majority of voters obviously wanted it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Winston was evicted for many reasons

1) He was incredibly dull.
    2)He is a misogynist.
    3)He was smug, arrogant and complacent and was convinced that a BB victory was 'in the bag'.
    4)He pretended that he was much thicker than in reality...playing up to some ridiculous caricature of an 'Essex geezer'.
    5)He is shallow, vain and vacuous, and his constant flexing of biceps was ridiculous.
    6)He is like a Neanderthal, eats like a pig and can barely hold a knife and fork.
    7)He was sleazy.

Totally agree with all of this. Well said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    For me, Winston is just too far into the Reality TV circuit as he's appeared on too many other shows and he's become a bit of an expert on how to behave on TV competitions, and how to keep himself on the path to the eventual prize.
    BB should be about ordinary people, not those represented by an Agent, which all HM's are in this Show now.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mixture of all of the above.

Pretty sure Winston fans must have felt a little complacent too - viewers, HMs and Winston too was surprised that he was evicted as he was the supposed hot favourite. I feel if the same effort was put in by Winston fans (not on here obv.) to make certain he was safe as was put in by the fans of other nominated HMs, taking into account that there were campaigns to get Winston out, we would have seen a different result.