It's too soon for another CBB.

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think C5 should ditch the summer series. It's far too soon after the end of the civilian series and it feels like overkill and, it's never as good as the January series anyway and the line up as been poor for every summer series.

Why do they bother?:confused:

Comments

• munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple really, don't like it don't watch it.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stuck record alert..... People are entitled to an opinion you know;-)
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean Voddy. That last series was a grim war of attrition that I couldn't wait to end. I think it's scared me off BB for a while and I could do with a rest.

I bet I end up tuning in tonight though…what's wrong with me? :(
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    I know what you mean Voddy. That last series was a grim war of attrition that I couldn't wait to end. I think it's scared me off BB for a while and I could do with a rest.

I bet I end up tuning in tonight though…what's wrong with me? :(

Same here Friday Night, I was dismayed tgat Helen won, but there is something about Big Brother that keeps viewers glued
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No, CBB is vastly superior to the crap that dribbled on for the past however many weeks.

I'm hoping this cleanses my palette!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Strapped in, sick bucket at the ready (the Daniels), Drinks and nibbles

waits.......
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to watching CBB after all the fun of BB15!
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck record alert..... People are entitled to an opinion you know;-)

So people say it a lot to you then?
  • playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think C5 should ditch the summer series. It's far too soon after the end of the civilian series and it feels like overkill and, it's never as good as the January series anyway and the line up as been poor for every summer series.

I agree it does feel too soon but i'll still watch it. ;-)
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After BB 15 I couldn't care less about CBB!!

The BB brand stinks and has been devalued
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to watching CBB after all the fun of BB15!

I'd hardly describe it as fun, they did everything they could to make the housemates hate eachother and it showed.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despise this programme, but like a an alcoholic or a drug addict I continue to poison myself daily with it in the hope that one day it will repeat the early highs :(:p
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have enjoyed some summer CBB and glad this one is too soon to take away the Helen limelight.I would rather have CBB than Helen hanging around.
  • KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    I have enjoyed some summer CBB and glad this one is too soon to take away the Helen limelight.I would rather have CBB than Helen hanging around.

That for me is the only plus,to hopefully curtail Helen's press and attention.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I think it's quite good that the producers have an immediate chance to redeem themselves, instead of the memories of Helen and Power Trip festering in people's minds.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm over the moon that it's starting tonight!

I'm sick to death of people in here flogging the dead horse that is 'Ashleigh should have won' ffs >:(

Once CBB starts, they'll have to continue their old bollocks in the AT area - GEDDIN! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I agree, OP. I don't understand why one series of CBB per year isn't enough. I prefer civilian BB anyway, but after investing a couple of hours into it every single night for 10 weeks I don't want to watch 3 weeks of so-called 'celebs' mostly coasting their way to guaranteed cheques. I didn't watch the January CBB either, and even though people say it was great, I have no regrets. Besides, the other members of my household deserve a break :blush:
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually prefer normal BB but after this summer I will glad of a celeb version. I do think it is too soon after and I dont why they bother doing 2 a year!

I just this years BB to be wiped from my memory.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there should be a at least a 2 week gap between BB & CBB 3 days is way too soon >:(:(
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    No I love it, I've had terrible withdrawal symptoms since Saturday with no BB.
    Can't wait for CBB tonight!!!
    It is also the perfect time before schools start. :cool:
    *jumps in joy**:blush:
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member

Very sound advice.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

Completely agree.:)

You have no idea if vodka drinka is going to watch as all she is saying is that she thinks too much BB is overkill so chop the extra CBB. So considering she never said anything about watching it what you really mean is don't complain about BB. This is a discussion forum for big brother where good and bad comments are allowed.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    I despise this programme, but like a an alcoholic or a drug addict I continue to poison myself daily with it in the hope that one day it will repeat the early highs :(:p

This sounds like me. We are people watchers, like the nuances and possibilities instead of the foul plonk currently delivered. I did pour BB15 down the sink after 3 days but let's sit in shame together and see if we can find some pleasure in tonight's offering. Although I could be heading off early again to rehab....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Same here Friday Night, I was dismayed tgat Helen won, but there is something about Big Brother that keeps viewers glued

Me too I'm in to .. what are we like .. on the upside it's only a couple of weeks :)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    After BB 15 I couldn't care less about CBB!!

The BB brand stinks and has been devalued

And yet here you are ranting on a forum about it.