Comments

• ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara Tointon is awful

Oooo why?
  • The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking a bit about this thread...

I'm the kind of person who NEVER makes a good first impression, I'm terribly shy, so I tend to talk a lot to overcome it, which means I am branded as shallow almost before I say hello. When people get to know me, they see I'm not shallow.

In other words, you can't always rely on a single meeting to form an opinion about people.

Even famous celebs can have bad days or be misunderstood. Or some celebs are just playing nice.

I do realize that some of you have had more than one encounter with celebs, but still it's not always carved in stone.

And not all celebs are in it for the fame. Some are actually in it for the work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think it can just depend on the day, and the situation they were in - for example, if it was for promotional purposes, they would be stupid to be rude to fans

Anyway, I used to work in the music industry and worked with many "celebs" - some were pretty Z list.

Peter Andre - during his height of fame in the 90's, rude, arrogant, just horrible to be around, but then during IACGMOH and beyond, he had grown up a lot and turned "nice" - became so genuine, I like him a lot now

Shirley Manson, Garbage singer - so so lovely, offered me a drink. Her band was massive in the late 90's/early 00's yet she still had time to chat and be polite

Bjork- a nightmare. Nuff said

Simon Le Bon- arrogant, thought the world owed him a favour

Barry from Eastenders - ha ha, I did say Z list didn't I. Well, he was ok, but thought he was a bigger star than he was

James (the band) - most of them were nice, but a couple were just awful, really rude, and expected me to just produce drinks on tap

JK and Joel - when they were working in regional radio, a pair of sweeties, tiny though in real life, as were Ant and Dec who I met when they were just PJ and Duncan!! Lovely, quiet, shy little boys, so sweet! I dont think they have changed that much

Jamelia - also a lovely, down to earth lady

Jenny Frost (when she was in Precious, pre Atomic Kitten) - nice enough girl, but desperate for fame

Rita Simons - when she was in a pop band, before playing Roxy - a bit offhand, not particularly friendly

Scooch - lol. All lovely bar the girl with brown hair, thought she was better than she was.....

Howard from Take That was of course my highlight lol - didnt ever speak to him but he was DJing somewhere, he is SO hot, and very tall!

Plenty of others, but I cannt think of them to hand as these are the ones I remember more prominently
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw someone meet Hugh Dennis the other week, he seemed lovely. He even responded to the person going 'Where are your naughty children today then' very graciously (though he clearly hears it all the time).
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    met franz ferdinand in orlando a few years back right when their second album was about to be released and they were lovely, chatted away to us all for ages and alex (lead singer) asked some random american tourist to take a pic of us all... amjor highlight!!
    met victoria beckham and dane bowers at one of their record signings (ashamed to say!!!) dane was a right ****!! but have to say, victoria was lovely, although she told me she needed a wee... didnt need to know that!!!
    also met simple plan a couple of times (not sure if they can really be classed as celebs, seeing as they are not that big over here) but they were so lovely, particularly pierre, the lead singer, the second time I met him, he remembered me!! (met thme first time in the april and second time in the november!)
    also met kerry katona at the hotel I worked at a few years ago, when she was still with brian mcfadden, saw him too, but they werent very nice... amybe cos I'd just said 'westlife are cr*p' and turned round and there they were!!! thoroughly enough, I made a quick exit whilst they were growling at me!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took part in a celeb version of Get Your Own Back so met presenters Dave Benson Phillips and Lisa Brockwell as well as celeb contestants Dick and Dom

--> All alot of fun

Met Gos from BB - was on Xchange with him hehe

--> Very Jolly

Met Sir Paul McCartney. Me and my family were going to a wedding reception and he was going to the same place for dinner with Heather Mills.
    My dad said to my younger bro - 'You know who that is'
    Sir Paul said 'No, I just look like him'

--> Bit of a comedian I guess

Shaun Williamson aka Barry Evans from EE
    He used to attend my secondary school

--> Nice enough guy

Erm met a bunch of others but cant recall any of them at the mo
  • louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw someone meet Hugh Dennis the other week, he seemed lovely. He even responded to the person going 'Where are your naughty children today then' very graciously though he clearly hears it all the time)

Lol back in the 90's myself and a group of school friends followed him around shouting "Milky, Milky!" which he took with good grace:D

A couple of my mates saw David Baddiel at a cinema and spent the whole movie chucking popcorn and M&M's at the poor bloke:o

There's also one other brush that I've had with a famous person who I've alluded to in the past.
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    Patsy Palmer - she was so nice to me. She let me have her autograph (which I lost a week later) when I was 6.
    Angelica Bell - thought she was annoying but very pleasant in person.
    Bob Geldof - a very moody guy, imo. When people started noticing he was there, his facial expression dropped like a stone.
    Vanessa Feltz - she didn't talk to anyone as she was in a hurry and but she was nice enough
    Richard and Judy - hated the pair of them when they were on TV but Judy seemed less excentric and Richard was less, you know, himself, which was better.
    Lembik Opik - met him on the tube with friends. We dared each other to ask him if he went out with the Cheeky Girls, so we both did and he spoke to us for a minute about life and how stuff was going on since. He's very funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    barkingmad wrote: »

Howard from Take That was of course my highlight lol - didnt ever speak to him but he was DJing somewhere, he is SO hot, and very tall!

My mum went to the same primary school as Howard and and he used to sit facing her sometimes. Apparently he was the kid who always had his finger up his nose. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was lucky enough to meet Ken Loach yesterday, lovely man, very down to earth, asked questions about my family, really genuine guy :)
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gin Rummy wrote: »
    My mum went to the same primary school as Howard and and he used to sit facing her sometimes. Apparently he was the kid who always had his finger up his nose. :D

Lol eeeeeeewwwwww!

I thought Howard was my favourite after recently seeing them live. After reading this post perhaps not.........:o
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    My sister saw Alan Carr in London at Euston station, he was very drunk but very charming.

I have no stories :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I've met loads of famous people; mostly racing drivers though.

Good:

Carol Vorderman - friendly and posed for photos.

Dannii Minogue - very warm, friendly and happy to give autographs and pose for photos.

Sir Richard Branson - again, very friendly, chatty, loved the attention.

Leo Sayer - a great guy, a real laugh and very chirpy and chatty.

George Osbourne - shook hands, spoke to him briefly.

John Prescott - loud but friendly in tone.

John Barnes - very nice and friendly, signed autographs etc.

Gordon Ramsey - in a rush but signed a few autographs and apologised that he had to dash off.

David Ginola - charming

Michael Carrick - was nice to me, called me 'mate' and signed for me.

Alpay Özalan - I was serving him in M&S when on work-experience. I asked if he'd sign a scrap of paper for me and he said "I bring you picture later." I spent the rest of the afternoon waiting and hoping he'd come back but he didn't.
    The next day when I came in one of my colleagues presented me with a signed picture that apparently his wife had brought in the previous evening. :eek:

Bad:

Murray Walker - very bigheaded and arrogant. Frequently ignores fans. Not impressed at all.

Racing Drivers (past and present):

I've met most past and present F1 drivers on multiple occasions, so rather than mention them all I'll focus on some of the more prominent names.

Good:

Lewis Hamilton - don't like him as a driver but a very good person to fans.

Sir Jackie Stewart / Sir Stirling Moss / Nigel Mansell / Sir Jack Brabham / Martin Brundle / Mark Blundell - all good to fans.

Bad:

Kimi Raikkonen - idiot, very rude.
    Damon Hill - extremely moody.
    Robert Kubica - miserable git.

Any other drivers you'd like to know about then just ask. :D

What are Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met Andy Murray and he was absolutely charming, very friendly and relaxed and he had a great sense of humour. I always try to put my side when I hear people criticising him for being humourless, dour and lacking in personality. He is quite shy and was terrified of the media when he started out but seems to have overcome that now.
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil_boo wrote: »
    met franz ferdinand in orlando a few years back right when their second album was about to be released and they were lovely, chatted away to us all for ages and alex (lead singer) asked some random american tourist to take a pic of us all... amjor highlight!!
    met victoria beckham and dane bowers at one of their record signings (ashamed to say!!!) dane was a right ****!! but have to say, victoria was lovely, although she told me she needed a wee... didnt need to know that!!!
    also met simple plan a couple of times (not sure if they can really be classed as celebs, seeing as they are not that big over here) but they were so lovely, particularly pierre, the lead singer, the second time I met him, he remembered me!! (met thme first time in the april and second time in the november!)
    also met kerry katona at the hotel I worked at a few years ago, when she was still with brian mcfadden, saw him too, but they werent very nice... amybe cos I'd just said 'westlife are cr*p' and turned round and there they were!!! thoroughly enough, I made a quick exit whilst they were growling at me!!!

Most people here hate her and are jealous of her. That won't go down well
  • missmaisiemissmaisie Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Waaaayyyyy back yonder when I was a sweet young thing, I worked in a bookshop in Fleet Street.

It was my very first day, I was teetering on a kick-stool putting books on the shelves when in swanned Tom Baker.

He was very famous, very tall and very drunk.

'Where are your Tom Sharpe books' he barked at me
    'Who?' I answered going a little red :o

He then gave me a five minute lecture on how inept I was as a bookseller type person .... with me trying to get a word in now and then about it being my first day, and that I was learning, and.......

I have NEVER been so embarrassed in my whole life.

I'm over it now and yes, I do know who Tom Sharpe is :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Met Ant & Dec back in their SMTV days - Ant was quieter then than he is now. Dec was really friendly & chatty - been smitten with him ever since!:D - Lovely guy.
  • eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    I met Ralph Little more than 10 years ago at the Rock Garden in Covent Garden just before leaving for the evening. I was blotto but I said hello and he smiled joking about my state.

Talked for about the new Royal Family Series he was working on and seemed very happy about where it was going.

Also met Sadie Frost (twice) once at a VIP bar in KOKO. First time I was the rude one by unintentionally blanking her as she was apparently eyeing me up (I hadn't seen her). I was with my then girlfriend mind..

Second time I was drunk at a bus stop opposite the We Will Rock You production at 3 am when she appeared again. She asked me if I wanted to accompany her to a party but could tell that I was wasted and decided against it.

I was gutted!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum's met Johnny Vegas twice! First time in Dublin airport when he was really nice and happy to pose for photos, second time in a takeaway in Benidorm at about 2am, when he sat and chatted to her and my dad and nicked a slice of their pizza. Needless to say he was drunk both times!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met cilla black and martin clunes,very detestable people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Wryip wrote: »
    Once sat opposite to him on a tram in Melbourne and found him really pleasant. Also got to go in C4 commentary box at Headingly during 2001 ashes and met Charlie Nicholas, Richie Benaue (sp?) and the West Indian Commentator who were all rwally nice and pleasent and were happy to talk, I seem to remember it had been raining all day. Also saw Justin Langer the same year in sitting in the Rugby part of Headingley during the time he was not being regularly picked. Sat chatting to him for ages and was a genuinely great person, I was only 10 at the time though.

You mean Mark Nicholas? Charlie Nicholas does Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports! ;)
  • HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha i suppose! I wouldnt be friends with her if she wasnt nice though!

Haha fair point :)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Never met him in the flesh, but spoke to him on the phone numerous times, the lovely late great Brian Johnston, a complete gentleman

Still hilariously funny today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=967DpAEKcmQ
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chas smash wrote: »
    Met cilla black and martin clunes,very detestable people.
    Someone I know used to look after Cilla's dogs when she went away, and she says that Cilla was a right hardfaced mare. But Martin Clunes?:( I've always had a soft spot for him and his big jug ears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone I know used to look after Cilla's dogs when she went away, and she says that Cilla was a right hardfaced mare. But Martin Clunes?:( I've always had a soft spot for him and his big jug ears.

Had to deal with this cretin on a number of occasions and he is one of the worst individuals you are ever likely to meet.Even to fellow actors he is deplorable.Vile vile man.