Has Simon lost anyone else's respect

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think Simon was the most honest judge and even though he could sometimes be cruel 'to be kind' I always maintained that he knew best, talked most sense and if I was ever a contestant I would only care about his opinion....

.....this year that's all changed. He's become a 'yes man' to every single one of Cheryl's acts (in an attempt to get into her knickers I assume....or just more regularly as I don't doubt he hasn't been there before) and him and Cheryl 'flirting' every single episode has made me want to vomit repeatedly. This year has been far less about the talent and far more about who is getting the most headlines in the paper. Repeatedly he's been putting through the acts who are the most 'paparazzi friendly'' rather than the most talented.

Cheryl has had acts in the bottom two eight fricking times now yet still had two acts left.
    Dannii has had acts in the bottom two three times and has lost her act the second they're in the bottom leaving her with one.

Is this a coincidence? I think not! Dannii's the only one with any grace this year and has managed to rise about the blatant favouritisim (although I'm trying to forgive her for last night's madness in her vote...Cher should do well to remember the kind of power Dannii has at this stage before mouthing off. Although I'm trying to give Dannii the benefit of the doubt and assume that her and Loui's mysterious 'bonding' disappearance was actually them being informed of the votes and her being told she HAS to save Cher. Yep I love the conspiracy theories ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Excellent!

Not quite as smug, but every bit as smarmy.
  • mollymoonymollymoony Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I never really respected him but I did like him and usually agreed with his comments. This series he has been so biased, it is unbelievable !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    He's lost respect from me as far as the X-factor goes.

His constant 'Look, at the end of the day it's down to the public and we have to respect that' and 'People need to vote for their favourites, no-one is safe they need the publics votes' is wearing very thin especially after last nights garbage.

He's starting to look like a sad, leering old man the way he sucks up to Cheryl all the time and why on earth does he need to put his arm on her chair ALL the time??

I did notice they have stopped holding hands as they walk out though - maybe not to raise more suspicion?! Either way they need to get room and have done with it, unless they already have....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    he lost my respect weeks ago saving katie over the much better singer treyc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's blown it with me too.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All credibility I had for SC has flown out of the window;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    astounded wrote: »
    He's an example of how you can use other people for massive personal gain. In a just world, he'd be rotting in a bedsit somewhere.

LOLOLOLOL......amen
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he lost my respect weeks ago saving katie over the much better singer treyc

Katie vs Aiden was a shocker too : Aiden's first ever time in a sing off and I think Katie was on sing off #4 at that stage.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seem to be a lot of comments here from people who lost patience with Simon when he shafted their personal favourite - which is understandable. I have to say there hasn't really been an act I've loved that much and my enjoyment of X Factor is always more about the weekly shows rather than me expecting that I'm going to find a new favourite artist.

Watching the show, I always felt that Simon's critiques were a little more sensible than the other judges - with the possible exception of Dannii - with only a slight bias towards his own acts. I liked Lucie last year but could understand him saving Jedward as they were the main entertainment on the show.

But this year he seems to have completely lost the plot and is contradicting himself all over the place. I don't know if it's a desperation for his act to win or for one of Cheryl's but he has lost all objectivity and the manipulation of the rules to get his desired result is just stupid. There have been too many incidents this year
    - the constant saving of Katie when in the past he's booted people on their second or third appearance in the bottom 2
    - the OTT praise for the dire Wand Erection, completely ignoring his other acts
    - last night's sudden inclusion of a sing off (Mary having to repeat a previous song adds to my suspicions that Cher knew all about it and Mary didn't)
    - his comment on Xtra Factor that Cher WILL duet with Biffa - all set for the final?
    - his supposedly not being happy that Cheryl had a bit of a go at Wagner, followed by him having a pop at Mary for her (not bad at all) comment that she'd made on Xtra Factor about him
    - having a dig at Matt for being off sick when he spent a couple of days lying in bed

etc. etc. etc.

The only reason I keep watching now is to see what ridiculous rule break happens next. What are the odds of Simon finding a way to change the rules for the final just in case Matt or Rebecca get the most votes?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is because whilst the real Simon is sunning himself somewhere the fake plastic one we see each week trotting out random comments is being operated by Ms Cole.
    I especially like the manly posing with hands on the back of her chair :rolleyes: but she is pressing the buttons :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I.....this year that's all changed. He's become a 'yes man' to every single one of Cheryl's acts (in an attempt to get into her knickers I assume....or just more regularly as I don't doubt he hasn't been there before)

Oh, boy... :rolleyes:
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has lost a lot of respect in my eyes but in the end of the day we are all suckers for watching the show, voting for the acts, etc...and he knows how dumb the UK public are plus he knows young girls will vote more than anyone. Simon is the King of the manipulators. He is laughing his way to the bank
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He used to be my favourite judge.

His honesty and opinions was a breath of fresh air. Now he is so up his own arse (and Cheryl's) that he has stopped talking sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, when he got botox.
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No respect for Simon now, and I dont know what is fiance must think, when she see's him making sheeps eyes at Cheryl !
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    He used to be my favourite judge.

His honesty and opinions was a breath of fresh air. Now he is so up his own arse (and Cheryl's) that he has stopped talking sense.

Good post :) especially the bit about not talking sense.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silkdragon wrote: »
    No respect for Simon now, and I dont know what is fiance must think, when she see's him making sheeps eyes at Cheryl !

Her fiance is being a dumb idiot being with him unless it has something to do with $$$$$ :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    He lost my respect last year when he put Jedward through over Lucy in the sing of, despite blasting Jedward for weeks and praising Lucy.

This year he's become alot worse.

I have to agree with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    can't stand him all he thinks about his himself and money and getting what he wants
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trinity28 wrote: »
    can't stand him all he thinks about his himself and money and getting what he wants

Have to agree, I used to be able to tolerate him but now he is just looks like a creepy letch with nothing but money in his eyes while he looks at the contestants, can't even remember their names...
    Him with the Glee girl (sorry don't know her name, never watch the show, although very impressed with the way their voices wiped the floor with the XF contestants - most of them anyway -this year) anyway........ don't know if anyone noticed, one of the Glee girls pulled his chair round to face her. I'm certain by the way he moved he thought he was going to get a kiss lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I agree with a lot of the posts on here. I previously saw him as somebody who could be harsh but at least he was honest and this was reflected in contestants being most pleased when he made a positive comment or when they found out he was going to be their mentor as they clearly respected him.
    This year it has been a complete turnaround. The catalyst for me no longer being able to take him seriously began when he'd obviously taken criticisms he'd seen about Cher and then basically said the opposite in his post-performance comments to her as if him saying it would make the public believe it wasn't true.
    Examples are "you look healthy" and "you aren't cocky". Firstly, he needs to realise the impact his comments are going to have on impressionable teenage girls who are obsessed with image. I've seen so many comments made by these girls stating that Cher is so 'pretty and slim' and how they wish can be like her.
    I'm not saying she is unhealthily skinny as I don't know what her diet is like but how many others are naturally that slim? I can see girls starving themselves and caking themselves in make-up because they want to look like her and Simon's practically endorsed her image by branding it as 'healthy'.
    Not to mention the less dangerous branding of her being a great performer/singer etc when she has just sang out of tune and rapped incredibly badly. I just can't take him and his opinions seriously after his blatant lying.
    Also his idiotic comment to the caller who rightly castigated Biffa for pulling Wagner up in front of the nation and not being professional enough to do it in public. Simon's catty response made no sense whatsoever and it's scary to think that people with that kind of money and power can think and act like that.

I have also noticed that a lot of posts on here berating Simon are hailing Dannii as the best judge. I completely disagree with this and still fail to understand as somebody as untalented as her can have the power to decide on people's dreams. None of the judges are credible, they are just there because of their looks and reputation. Nicole Sherzinger was the only one this year who gave honest, professional and heartfelt opinions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    LazySusan wrote: »
    He lost my respect when he pushed for Michelle McManus to win Pop Idol 2 when she clearly wasn't a Pop Idol. A Pop Idol is someone that kids put posters up on their wall of. That signalled the end of Pop Idol I'm sure.

He's lost it even more this year.

Same. I never trusted that vote, and still don't. No way did hearthrob Sam Nixon poll the lowest out of all three acts. In his mind, Simon had it in his head, he wanted Michelle as the 'anti' popstar (big girl, people will empathise with her) and his Robson and Jerome style duo in Sam and Mark.

In short, he wanted it all ways. I've not voted in a reality show since the day Sam was eliminated because the result was so at odds with what I knew to be people's opinions.

Michelle McManus winning Pop Idol killed that format. I'd love this latest scandal to do the same, but I know I'm hoping against hope.

Simon is nothing but a spoilt child who changes the rules so he can 'win'. By fair means or foul, as long as Simon wins, he doesn't care. Most people wouldn't get a sense of achievement if they won by cheating, Simon does, and so does his Golden Girl Cheryl who has only 'won' by being given the best categories for the past 3 years, and if she DOES win this year, it will only be because her and Scowell have pulled every trick in the book to keep her acts in and promote them heavily.

I hope they bog off to America and don't come back, would love them to try the same stunts over there!:D
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering like me has simon lost anyone else's respect. In previous years simon use to have my respect, but not any more following this years fix factor. I once felt that simon listend to the public. but this year you can see he is manipulating the uk public into having the show his way. why else would there be a sing off in the semi finals. I don't see the point in wasting my money on votes when simon will get the vote he wants anyway. The show might as well get rid of the public vote and let the judges deciced. when simon goes back to the US i hope he buys a one way tickect and never returns. Any one else got there opinions on the simon

I think he is beginning to believe his own godlike status.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think Simon was the most honest judge and even though he could sometimes be cruel 'to be kind' I always maintained that he knew best, talked most sense and if I was ever a contestant I would only care about his opinion....

.....this year that's all changed. He's become a 'yes man' to every single on of Cheryl's acts (in an attempt to get into her knickers I assume .....or just more regularly as I don't doubt he hasn't been there before) and him and Cheryl 'flirting' every single episode has made me want to vomit repeatedly. This year has been far less about the talent and far more about who is getting the most headlines in the paper. Repeatedly he's been putting through the acts who are the most 'paparazzi friendly'' rather than the most talented.

Cheryl has had acts in the bottom two eight fricking times now yet still had two acts left.
    Dannii has had acts in the bottom two three times and has lost her act the second they're in the bottom leaving her with one.

Is this a coincidence? I think not! Dannii's the only one with any grace this year and has managed to rise about the blatant favouritisim (although I'm trying to forgive her for last night's madness in her vote...Cher should do well to remember the kind of power Dannii has at this stage before mouthing off. Although I'm trying to give Dannii the benefit of the doubt and assume that her and Loui's mysterious 'bonding' disappearance was actually them being informed of the votes and her being told she HAS to save Cher. Yep I love the conspiracy theories ;)

BIB: Oh I don't think he's been there yet. If he had been he wouldn't be so eager to please her :D Cheryl's probably flirting for England but keeping him at arms length but because she's flirting he thinks he's in with a chance, while she laps up the attention, enjoys being teachers pet and, thanks to him, watches her career shoot off into the stratosphere! Clever girl, gets what she wants without having to shag him ;):D

Just MY opinion though. No proof at all etc etc etc .....

And good post by the way! :)
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    I think he is beginning to believe his own godlike status.

Oh yes, definitely. He probably thinks he can walk on water by now!