Is Bioshock the Best Game Ever Made?

2»

Comments

• Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    What level did you end up ?

Second playful recommended theirs different dialog and specter weapons are excellent fun.

I just completed it for my third time and bought mass effect 2 (congrats to amazon for free next day delivery for £13.99) after going straight to mass effect 2 after first one it was a very weird change.

I got to lvl 42 and it took about 22 hours.

If I restart don't I just go back to the beginning? What are spectre weapons? :confused:
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    I got to lvl 42 and it took about 22 hours.

If I restart don't I just go back to the beginning? What are spectre weapons? :confused:

When you go to start a new game get option to start as your level 42 guy. The specter weapons can only unlocked from what I know at level 50 or 60
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    System Shock 2 was so much better. You would think after 8 years that they could come up with something better than the SS2 storyline with prettier graphics...
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Jen-B wrote: »
    System Shock 2 was so much better. You would think after 8 years that they could come up with something better than the SS2 storyline with prettier graphics...

I didn't play SS2 but I concur with Miss Bull.

Bioshock was terribly repetitive. Deus Ex did the whole RPG thing better, and Half Life has a much better story and variety.
  • Options
    JosquiusJosquius Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. No way. Bioshock is bad.
    Half Life 2 is better. Deus Ex is better. And that's just sticking in the same genre.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    When you go to start a new game get option to start as your level 42 guy. The specter weapons can only unlocked from what I know at level 50 or 60

OK, I will try it :)

It was weird though as the game didn't seem to save after I finished it. The last save point was just before I killed Saren for the final time. Will the game still know that I've completed it? Or is lvl 42 too low? :confused:

Edit: It worked! Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    @OP, I totally agree, HL2, was a masterpiece, but there's something a bit special about Bioshock, I like to play it only if I know I've got a few nights free, lights out, crank up the surround sound, happy daiz!