Celebrations vs Roses vs Quality Street vs Heroes

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
What's your favourite to least favourite at this time of year?

1. Roses
2. Heroes
3. Celebrations
4. Quality Street (taste really cheap imo)

Comments

• Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Heroes
    2. Roses
    3. Celebrations
    4. Quality Street

I don't get them any more though, they've lost their appeal imo
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrations
    Roses
    Quality street
    Heroes
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't buy them anymore. But, if I were to get a box I would buy Quality Street
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're all really bad.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching an old advert for Celebrations the other day (they still seem to use an advert from about 8 years ago) and you should have seen the size of the tub. I would love to know where I can buy one that size these days.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roses
    Celebrations
    Heroes
    Quality Street (huge disappointment last time I got them, they almost ruined Christmas!).
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roses are the best.

And I like toffees too so Quality Street are quite good.

Not sure what comes in Heroes or Celebrations but the one with Mars, Milky Way, Bounty etc are the worst.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    We were given a small box of Heroes recently and opened them at the weekend and I was so disappointed as the box contained over 50% of the crème egg ones (yuck) so I won’t be buying any of these for Christmas.

I wish that Quality Street still tasted like I remembered them I used to love the huge tin with the delicious smell of Christmas as the lid was taken off.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    None of them taste like they used to, and the price keeps growing while the contents keeps shrinking.

A few years ago, Netto were doing 1KG metal tins for £3. This year I see 750g plastic boxes for £5. But even when they were still metal, they shrank to 950g, then 900g, then 850g, etc.

I no longer see the point in buying big cumbersome boxes of gooey sugar over the big cardboard boxes, let alone better chocolates.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrations used to be my favourite but then they got rid of Galaxy Truffle.

Quality Street
    Heroes
    Celebrations
    Roses - we never buy these ever.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather be hungry than eat a (poor) quality street.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    1. Heroes
    2. Roses
    3. Quality Street
    4. Celebrations

But I like them all. :)
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Heroes used to be better, but when they were at their best:

Heroes
    Celebrations
    Quality Street/Roses - can't decide but far inferior to the others.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Celebrations used to be my favourite but then they got rid of Galaxy Truffle.

Quality Street
    Heroes
    Celebrations
    Roses - we never buy these ever.

They were like crack and even then there were only about 3 in each box, the stingy gits.

And then I found out make sure the 'favourites' have the smallest amount so that people are more inclined to buy another box.

I did get lucky once and buy a box from Family Bargains that was going cheap as it was nearly out of date and had the incorrect weight inside (I presume this is why it was in Family Bargains) and it was filled with just Malteasers, Galaxy and the Truffle which were my 3 favourites from that selection. That was a good day.

I swear with the Heroes and Celebrations they never quite have the perfect selection on purpose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them since they all abandoned the coffee creme....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrations.
    Not much bothered about the others.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »

Roses definitely had a coffee cream last year, I'm hoping it's still there this year but it seems to be fashionable to get rid :(
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Roses, but unfortunately they have changed the varieties unnecessarily so much over the years that I'm no longer that enthused. I could eat the strawberry creams until the cows come home though.

Celebrations and Heroes I can take or leave. Are celebrations Mars, Twix etc? I tend to have about five or six at a time to pretend I'm half way to a proper 'bar' :blush:

Quality Street has always been anathema to me, more like 'Council Estate'!
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Back in the day the boxes were about 20 times the size. Just like Wagon Wheels.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me a Dark Chocolate Toblerone over any of these anyday.
  • TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    orangebird wrote: »

I used to love the coffee creams, hard to find & expensive, but Poundland are doing boxes of coffee creams. We bought 2 boxes for Christmas, a week later I had to go back and buy another 2 boxes :blush:
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrations, mainly due to malteasers
    Heroes
    Roses
    Quality street
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I wish that Quality Street still tasted like I remembered them I used to love the huge tin with the delicious smell of Christmas as the lid was taken off.

This.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day the boxes were about 20 times the size. Just like Wagon Wheels.

Yes but they were the equivalent of £20 today. So if you buy 4 of them at £5 each you'll have the same amount.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This year I've not bought any of these. To be honest I only really like about half of these as I don't like fudge, caramel and toffee so I don't eat those at all. If I had to choose I'd probably have the Heroes as I would eat more from their choice than the others