Options

I'm going to report Channel 5 to Ofcom for bullying Perez

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
Forum Member
Tonight's show was a disgusting display of how the Celebrity Big Brother producers have allowed a housemate they dislike be insulted, verbally attacked and bullied. They allowed outsiders to come in and use it as a platform to insult him was wrong.

They had a task where outside presenter Eamon Holmes came in an interviewed the housemates who on previously on Bit on the Side has expressed his dislike of Perez. He was allowed to bring a guest who could ask questions. Some nobody I've never heard of called James Jordan. He then went on a rant at Perez. Outsiders going into the house have a lot of power and this was just a verbal onslaught with Holmes sitting back, being fat and enjoying it the housemates too. Then the same thing happened with Jim Davidson. Perez, was holding it but he was absolutely distraught. He seemed demolished. I would not be surprised if he did something silly in the next year.

Without a doubt the CBB producers would have spoken to their guests before so would have an idea of their opinions so why did they think it okay for one guest to be insulted this way. Without a doubt their are celebrities who would feel angry to other housemates.

Regardless of whether you love him or hate him, Perez is a human being. Much as I dislike Kate Hopkins I have the ability to understand that it is an edited programme and if I saw her in the street I would not insult her thinking it is my place to make her accountable for some perceived crime was committed on a TV programme.

This whole series has been great for Channel 5 because of the ratings but it is a series that has celebrated bullying. This was shameful and properly the CBB producers wanted to give their baying public justice for a housemate who has been so divisive. However they also have a duty of care to Perez's mental health and well being and they failed him. This was wrong and I am going to report Channel 5 and the CBB team because I don't think such bias to upset a housemate, any housemate, should happen ever again.

>:(

Comments

• Options
    shazzersereshazzersere Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get a life! he wasnt bullied he was a tit!
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was bullied
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I know I make this comment a lot but Big Brother himself is, will be and always has been by far the biggest 'bully' on this show.

Perez is just the latest in a long line of 'victims'. Not all HMs are 'bullied' equally but he's no special case.

It renders most of the discussion about the HMs 'bullying' behaviour rather meaningless.
  • Options
    irishcykeirishcyke Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    It was hilarious, i loved every moment of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I dont ever agree with complaints to ofcom about big brother and usually think people who do that need to get a life but after watching that episode i completely agree. The way he was treated was seriously disgusting and if i was perez i would be suing ch 5.

James jordan is an absolute prick. If he spoke to any of the other housemates the way he did perez, there would be outrage.

Im disgusted
  • Options
    this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anything needed reported to ofcom its this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These types of threads are like people who are wanting to commit suicide, if you were serious about it you wouldn't talk about it, you'd just do it. if you just go on and on about it, you'll do nothing.
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TenDollar wrote: »
    Tonight's show was a disgusting display of how the Celebrity Big Brother producers have allowed a housemate they dislike be insulted, verbally attacked and bullied. They allowed outsiders to come in and use it as a platform to insult him was wrong.

They had a task where outside presenter Eamon Holmes came in an interviewed the housemates who on previously on Bit on the Side has expressed his dislike of Perez. He was allowed to bring a guest who could ask questions. Some nobody I've never heard of called James Jordan. He then went on a rant at Perez. Outsiders going into the house have a lot of power and this was just a verbal onslaught with Holmes sitting back, being fat and enjoying it the housemates too. Then the same thing happened with Jim Davidson. Perez, was holding it but he was absolutely distraught. He seemed demolished. I would not be surprised if he did something silly in the next year.

Without a doubt the CBB producers would have spoken to their guests before so would have an idea of their opinions so why did they think it okay for one guest to be insulted this way. Without a doubt their are celebrities who would feel angry to other housemates.

Regardless of whether you love him or hate him, Perez is a human being. Much as I dislike Kate Hopkins I have the ability to understand that it is an edited programme and if I saw her in the street I would not insult her thinking it is my place to make her accountable for some perceived crime was committed on a TV programme.

This whole series has been great for Channel 5 because of the ratings but it is a series that has celebrated bullying. This was shameful and properly the CBB producers wanted to give their baying public justice for a housemate who has been so divisive. However they also have a duty of care to Perez's mental health and well being and they failed him. This was wrong and I am going to report Channel 5 and the CBB team because I don't think such bias to upset a housemate, any housemate, should happen ever again.

I'm sure he is used to it from all the disgusting hate and lies he as written about other celebs in his pathetic blog's. Afterall he is one of the most hated people in America.
  • Options
    Tebby_InamaTebby_Inama Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do your thing Op
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say go for it OP. It would be very embarrassing for Ch. 5 and the BB producers if they received a lot of complaints about the way an unpopular HM was treated. According to their script, any unpopular HM 'has it coming'.
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now read his blogs, and see how horrible he is to people. Hes made a living from putting people down!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Just to underline. I am not talking about bullying from the interplay of the housemates. I am talking about the interview show which had two outside pre-approved celebrity guests make angry rants towards one housemates, and as Eamon Holmes didn't intervene he was complicit so that makes it three outside celebrities.
    Skepticism wrote: »
    These types of threads are like people who are wanting to commit suicide, if you were serious about it you wouldn't talk about it, you'd just do it. if you just go on and on about it, you'll do nothing.

In the 15 minutes since the show ended I wrote this post and posted it here. I have Ofcom open in my browser, and I will formulate the same points to contact Ofcom but with a more appropriate use of language. It's done. Look out for their response.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was uncomfortable viewing, it was bang out of order :/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    im pissed off with big brother to allow such bulying against perez. the things they say about him are much worse than what he actually did its a ****ing joke. people think katie h is a nice person are you watching the same ****ing show. im done with big brother. good luck to perez
  • Options
    TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    OP = Nadia

Call the police!! :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loving all these Perez fans having a meltdown and pulling Nadia's.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TenDollar wrote: »

I agree with every word. Excellent post
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishcyke wrote: »
    It was hilarious, i loved every moment of it.

This is so sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    This is so sad.

Call the police.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not a Perez 'fan' and even I will say that made for uncomfortable viewing. Totally uncalled for.

Especially James Jordan telling Perez he was a disgusting human being etc.

For the record James that's how many folk thought of you and your awful treatment of Gary in particular. You have no right to make a judgement on another person when you are far from perfect yourself.

That's my opinion.

:)
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You 'love it'...How much do you love it? Is it the highlight of your day? Week? Month? Year? Life?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    You 'love it'...How much do you love it? Is it the highlight of your day? Week? Month? Year? Life?

It's been the highlight of my reading experience of the DS forums for CBB Winter 15.

Specific enough for you?
  • Options
    kravchickravchic Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    This is so sad.

it's heartless
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FGS OFCOM do NOT care about stupid complaints it's a waste of time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kravchic wrote: »
    it's heartless

I have plenty of heart, just for those who deserve it. Not scumbags who target teenage girls and go out of the way to humiliate women in regards to their looks.

But you can keep keep deluding yourself into thinking you're such a good person for supporting a well known misogynist and racist sociopath if you want.

Delusion. Convince yourself.