Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Actually it's something like "crunchy meringue-style pieces" they don't even use real meringue, but can't due to the calorie content. Makes me want to flip a rude-style hand gesture towards the TV.

And yeah, if you had a global singing superstar round for a meal you're going to serve her fruit corners. The absolute minimum you're going to do is empty it out into a small bowl and pretend you made it yourself.

I'd serve a nice but calorie filed and full fat cholesterol and spot making meal and desert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    Also, I want my bank to be good at banking, not a really good lost property service.

Oh yeah, let's hear you when you've lost your scarf and you won't go ask at your local nationwide branch due to your stubborn pride.
    Singing a different tune methinks.
  • Options
    Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Don't forget to get it to remind you to tell Jason that you're still training even if it's raining

Oh, and to not let whats-her-face from Clean Bandit dance on any tables! :D
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Citroen advert where the joggers collide and immediately three kids appear from mid-air. The scowling girl looks like one of the Midwich Cuckoos (without the albino element). Makes my skin crawl....

So that how you have children...no more jogging for me then...
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That nauseating Nationwide Scarf advert.. vomit inducing.

A new one I saw this morning for some kind of pre cooked sausage.. advert starts with a smug sullen looking woman cooking pasta and then the creepy old man does "funny" dancing because of the sausage? I had it on mute, and it just looked like a lunatic had wandered onto an advert by mistake. Truly awful.
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Pringles Tortilla. While the bloke is slaving over his fresh guacamole the two women are stuffing their faces with the Pringles..then on discovering there i only one left the one woman snatches and chobbles it down with the most nauseating sound... greedy witch..>:(

I hate this ad so much. Have to mute it when it comes on. >:(
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    This new Halifax Building Society raggy old 'best dad' scarf ad is one that's getting up me nose at the moment.

It seems to be one of a increasing number of advertisement that goes like this - the product might be seen at the beginning (or it might not be at all), something pretty mundane and totally unrelated to the product happens (maybe a rally car goes around a track or a dog chases a cat up a tree or a paper boy whistles as he delivers newspapers) then at the end the name of the product or a picture of the product comes up. That advertisement with the ladies playing spoons is one such ad. that comes to mind straight away. It really is totally bizarre !

Yes!! Those ads that tell a whole life story: the kid that appears to be fostered/adopted and the KFC bucket makes everything wonderful, even to the point that said adopted boy goes on to foster/adopt when he's grown up. All thanks to KFC.

The female who musters up some sort of meal from dried ingredients for her latest 'squeeze' and his daughter. 'This isn't me saying I want to be your mum'. Food giving out messages???? WTF???

Oh for the days when all we got was 'This product is the best you can buy!'
  • Options
    ThugAngelThugAngel Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one with Ashton kutcher and the pizza annoys me intensely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The slater Gordon adverts.
    The first has a man walking back to where his accident happened where he works.
    At first I thought it was wierd how he was showed to go back to where he worked if he had successfully sued them but from the voice over it sounds like Slater Gordon got him his job back or helped him to return to work.
    I'm giving benefit of doubt to the advert advd that I've missed something.

The second one has a woman going back to a tree which a lorry had slammed her into.
    Ok but she says how slater Gordon helped her to come back here to where her accident happened.
    No mention of her cases outcome.
    Have I mistakenly confused a support group for people who have had accidents for ambulance chasers?
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    The slater Gordon adverts.
    The first has a man walking back to where his accident happened where he works.
    At first I thought it was wierd how he was showed to go back to where he worked if he had successfully sued them but from the voice over it sounds like Slater Gordon got him his job back or helped him to return to work.
    I'm giving benefit of doubt to the advert advd that I've missed something.

The second one has a woman going back to a tree which a lorry had slammed her into.
    Ok but she says how slater Gordon helped her to come back here to where her accident happened.
    No mention of her cases outcome.
    Have I mistakenly confused a support group for people who have had accidents for ambulance chasers?

These injury ads arent as funny as that used to when Katy slipped on the wet floor.

Even Alan Carr took the p**s out of it on his DVD.
  • Options
    TingewickTingewick Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    The screechy woman who wails 'moonpig dot com' at the end of the advert.
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    The bingo adverts are getting very irritating now. No, no matter how hard you try, we will not compulsively play your 21st century version of a granny's hobby.
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scholl's advert for ''soft, beautiful feet'', with the phrase ''soft, beautiful feet'' repeated about 4 times in a 30 second advert, in a high pitch, twee voiceover. When has anyone ever described feet and ''soft and beautiful''?

Ughh
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These injury ads arent as funny as that used to when Katy slipped on the wet floor.

Even Alan Carr took the p**s out of it on his DVD.

Was that her of the exploding handbag fame? :D
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    Was that her of the exploding handbag fame? :D

"Me Pasteeeeeeeeeee !"
    :D
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The awful morrisons advert with its whiny singing which is blatant rip off of the m&s advert
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fitbit can just about cope with it until he's lying on the bed all concerned because his stats are still wrong..Seriously if anyone out there only has that to worry about its not 89 quid they should be charge.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Kia car one with that smug tw*t of a gourmet chef (?) comparing his need for perfection in food to driving a car :confused:
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rediculously long advert with sweaty women and the "I kick balls, deal with it!" nonsense is back. I still don't know what the hell it is advertising.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    That rediculously long advert with sweaty women and the "I kick balls, deal with it!" nonsense is back. I still don't know what the hell it is advertising.

sounds painful, I'll keep a look out for it :)
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to get it to remind you to tell Jason that you're still training even if it's raining

You better not!
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telenaut wrote: »
    The bingo adverts are getting very irritating now. No, no matter how hard you try, we will not compulsively play your 21st century version of a granny's hobby.

Or any site that promotes gambling. How can they get away with it? "Please gamble responsibly" won't be seen by those who like to throw their money away.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Lenny Henry snoring on those blooming travel lodge ads.
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NSPCC Bingo:o
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnosss wrote: »

The one with Missy Elliott's 'Get Your Freak On' as the soundtrack? I'm with you, I have absolutely no idea what it's advertising either
This discussion has been closed.