Peter Andre reluctant to marry again?

Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
Forum Member
I read the following..............

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/peter-andre-emily-macdonagh-wedding

& can't help wondering if he is wary about marrying again, who wouldn't after being married to Katie Price, just my opinion but I think having a baby is far more of a commitment to each other than actually getting married.

Maybe he does have reasons for wanting to wait till 2016, however if you're with "the one", live together & have a child, why wait?:confused:

Comments

• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Abomination will do/say anything to keep himself in the media.

KP taught him everything and now he is better at it than she ever was. ;-)
  • Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    I think you are trying to make a story out of nothing here-lots of people have long engagements! It clearly states further down the page that he is happy that the wedding is being brought so not sure what your point is here?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are trying to make a story out of nothing here-lots of people have long engagements! It clearly states further down the page that he is happy that the wedding is being brought so not sure what your point is here?:confused:

See post 2. :)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

BIB Untrue. My point is, has being married to KP put him off marriage.

Re the rest of your post, the article clearly says he feels under pressure & while I agree, there are many couples who have long engagements, you don't usually hear one party saying they feel under pressure to set a date.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB Untrue. My point is, has being married to KP put him off marriage.

Re the rest of your post, the article clearly says he feels under pressure & while I agree, there are many couples who have long engagements, you don't usually hear one party saying they feel under pressure to set a date.
    I like peter,but i'm starting to wonder if he would have still been with emily had she not had his baby,because i don't think being married to katie price has put him off,i just feel that his heart is not in it enough to marry her...Hope i'm wrong.He shouldn't feel under pressure with the mother of his child and a woman he dearly loves
    Forum Member
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    I like peter,but i'm starting to wonder if he would have still been with emily had she not had his baby,because i don't think being married to katie price has put him off,i just feel that his heart is not in it enough to marry her...Hope i'm wrong.

Possibly Val, he does seem to be taking his time & I do get the feeling Emily is far keener than him to be married.

I'm not knocking the guy if indeed, he is reluctant, millions of people have children without getting married & live happily ever after together but if he'd rather do that, why get engaged?:confused:

Just my opinion, for all I know he could desperately searching for suitable venues as I type:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like peter,but i'm starting to wonder if he would have still been with emily had she not had his baby,because i don't think being married to katie price has put him off,i just feel that his heart is not in it enough to marry her...Hope i'm wrong.He shouldn't feel under pressure with the mother of his child and a woman he dearly loves

That'll be KP.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Peter is doing it the right way, and good for him. So what even if he doesn't marry Emily, as long as they are both happy with that decision. I'm sick to the back teeth of these so called celebs seeing marriage as a way of making easy money. There is no rush, as Pete knows the true consequences of rushing these things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly Val, he does seem to be taking his time & I do get the feeling Emily is far keener than him to be married.

I'm not knocking the guy if indeed, he is reluctant, millions of people have children without getting married & live happily ever after together but if he'd rather do that, why get engaged?:confused:

Just my opinion, for all I know he could desperately searching for suitable venues as I type:)
    Absolutely nothing wrong in not being married and having children,but doesn't he always say that he believes in being married when you have kids...I might be jumping the gun..He's probably just waiting till she finishes uni,then get married..But since he is the one who is always talking about it,he shouldn't be feeling under pressure..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Peter is doing it the right way, and good for him. So what even if he doesn't marry Emily, as long as they are both happy with that decision. I'm sick to the back teeth of these so called celebs seeing marriage as a way of making easy money. There is no rush, as Pete knows the true consequences of rushing these things.
    Fair enough..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll be KP.
    Whoa,i don't know about that lol............Sorry to go off topic,not seen you around for a good while,last time we spoke you were about to become a grandmother...UPDATE needed:)
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »

Totally agree. They are obviously very happy, and have a beautiful daughter......so what if they have decided to have a long engagement or even, shock horror, changed their minds and decided not to get married. Surely it's their business and nobody else's. Good luck to them whatever they decide to do.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll be KP.

How ridiculous :o
    Forum Member
    Absolutely nothing wrong in not being married and having children,but doesn't he always say that he believes in being married when you have kids...I might be jumping the gun..He's probably just waiting till she finishes uni,then get married..But since he is the one who is always talking about it,he shouldn't be feeling under pressure..

I think his Father is a big influence on him Val & he's said many times his Dad believes in the sanctity of marriage so perhaps he's feeling pressure from not only Emily but also his parents?

Maybe he'd be better not using words such as "pressure" & "marriage" in the same sentence, it would stop sceptical people like myself from thinking he was being forced to do something he wasn't completely sure about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He (and Emily) seem to be doing things exactly like they said they would. No drama or conflicting stories just a simple plan. Emily completing her medical studies was the priority proving so any on here totally wrong! That will be in the next few months. He said in 2013 when the pregnancy was announced that they would marry summer 2015. It being timed after she becomes a Doctor and then she will take up a position near to their home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his Father is a big influence on him Val & he's said many times his Dad believes in the sanctity of marriage so perhaps he's feeling pressure from not only Emily but also his parents?

Maybe he'd be better not using words such as "pressure" & "marriage" in the same sentence, it would stop sceptical people like myself from thinking he was being forced to do something he wasn't completely sure about.
    I agree bel.it does sound a bit rum,i must admit...But at the end of the day,if they are happy,it's up to them...No pressure lol..
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily's making sure she keeps her feet under the table, isn't she. They're forever connected now through Amelia, but she seems to be doing all the running to get married and he's making strange statements like "Let the games begin."

Maybe he's just afraid a Summer 2015 wedding will be overshadowed by royal birth/christening/Kate weight loss coverage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa,i don't know about that lol............Sorry to go off topic,not seen you around for a good while,last time we spoke you were about to become a grandmother...UPDATE needed:)

Boy on 03/11/14

Both doing very well.
    My daughter gave him her late father's name in the middle.

Thank you so much for remembering. xxxxxx

Hope all is well with you.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    How ridiculous :o

Why? :confused::confused:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I obviously don't share your like for him Val but I agree. I've never seen any chemistry between them and they just don't seem to be an evenly matched couple for me. It does sometimes come across like she's a fan who thinks she won the lottery by snaring her hero and that he's flattered by the attention of a young, attractive, intelligent girl.
    He does appear to have a strong sense of family duty and I also wonder if they'd be together had she not gotten pregnant when she did.
    It seems obvious to me that him and KP lasted longer than they would have done because there were kids involved and maybe this is the same scenario. Who knows though? All any of us on here can do is speculate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? :confused::confused:

Folks can make all sort of assertions about Pete - and they do but to still be sticking to the mantra that he is in love with Katie is beyond credible. He left, grieved and moved on. I say the same about Katie. She doesn't love Pete and hadn't done for a time before the marriage break up. Her issue is that he left. She does the dumping in her relationships and he will never be forgiven! They have been apart longer than they were together, They met early 2004 and separated early 2009 (5 years).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boy on 03/11/14

Both doing very well.
    My daughter gave him her late father's name in the middle.

Thank you so much for remembering. xxxxxx

Hope all is well with you.:)
    Aww a little boy:) congratulations DD,i've been meaning to ask you,and today is the first time i've seen you..So lovely he has his late granddad'a name,he'd be so proud...Best wishes to all the family:) xx
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep. Nothing wrong at all with not getting married. I mean, I haven't done it in 24 years :). But when someone is vocal about getting married and then backtracks somewhat, that's when people start going hmmm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I obviously don't share your like for him Val but I agree. I've never seen any chemistry between them and they just don't seem to be an evenly matched couple for me. It does sometimes come across like she's a fan who thinks she won the lottery by snaring her hero and that he's flattered by the attention of a young, attractive, intelligent girl.
    He does appear to have a strong sense of family duty and I also wonder if they'd be together had she not gotten pregnant when she did.
    It seems obvious to me that him and KP lasted longer than they would have done because there were kids involved and maybe this is the same scenario. Who knows though? All any of us on here can do is speculate
    I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that,but as you say,it's just speculation..Whatever they decide to do,i hope they are happy..
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I completely agree with you.
    I think he is as over being married to KP as it's possible to get, but I just don't get the feeling that Emily would have been Mrs Right if she hadn't got pregnant.
    I think he was probably extremely flattered that someone young and pretty was clearly infatuated with him ( and he'd hardly be the first man in the world to think that ), but that he looked on it as more of a fling than a lifetime commitment.
    Personally I don't think that they should get married at all.
    But it appears as though the person who is making the most noise about getting married is PA himself. I honestly think that whilst he thinks that getting married is the "right" thing to do, his heart doesn't seem to be in it, which is a shame for both of them.
    I really don't think that people would be speculating at all if PA hadn't been as vocal about the wedding.
    If he had said "We're happy as we are" I think that most people would have thought that was fair enough and thought no more about it.
This discussion has been closed.