Options

migrants

Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
Forum Member
how do the migrants get to france in the first place?

Comments

• Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how do the migrants get to france in the first place?

Similar with an infestation of rats in your garden, they go to find food, don't feed them, no food they can get at so they move on to a neighbour to seek the food. Other countries do not want them or feed them, so they just move on to the next country, France, next stop the UK. I suppose we could provide them with a boat and send them across the Atlantic to America.
  • Options
    John_Smith86John_Smith86 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Similar with an infestation of rats in your garden, they go to find food, don't feed them, no food they can get at so they move on to a neighbour to seek the food. Other countries do not want them or feed them, so they just move on to the next country, France, next stop the UK. I suppose we could provide them with a boat and send them across the Atlantic to America.

Are you really comparing these humans to rats?

If you were in their position would you do anything differently?
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or better still sail them to the coast of Africa.
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is wrong with them staying in France?

Economic migrants are the scourge of Europe. Not wanted or needed.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

how an you compare them to rats >:(, they are desperate human beings :(
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member

Yes - but i couldn't possibly say here....... :cool:
  • Options
    ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Speak for yourself. I presume if our nation were to be under attack and in grave danger you are saying you would flee to the furthest available alien society that had a significant economy where you could live "free" in an economic as well as political sense of the word. For me, the choice is different. I, like generations of my Britannic forefathers would stand and fight and struggle to preserve and the rights and freedoms we have achieved and inherited in our Land.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ennui wrote: »
    For me, the choice is different. I, like generations of my Britannic forefathers would stand and fight and struggle to preserve and the rights and freedoms we have achieved and inherited in our Land.

Yes who want's the sort of people who run away from their country when it is in trouble?

And who wants the sort of people that are causing trouble in Calias, breaking the law and not caring about the economy of the UK?

These people are doing nothing but damage to our country.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ennui wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. I presume if our nation were to be under attack and in grave danger you are saying you would flee to the furthest available alien society that had a significant economy where you could live "free" in an economic as well as political sense of the word. For me, the choice is different. I, like generations of my Britannic forefathers would stand and fight and struggle to preserve and the rights and freedoms we have achieved and inherited in our Land.

And you'd get tortured and killed, maybe your family first. Your choice, of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes who want's the sort of people who run away from their country when it is in trouble?

if the choice was stay and be killed or flee and survive i would flee
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    And you'd get tortured and killed, maybe your family first. Your choice, of course.

Or they'd win the war. Nice defeatist attitude there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    if the choice was stay and be killed or flee and survive i would flee

And I'd stay and fight.

I know who'd I'd like to keep in the country.

Oh and while you are running away from your country of origin, leaving your country men to fight for their freedom, will you be respecting the country you go to, by paying terrorists and drug dealers to traffic you through the many countries where you could be free? And will you be respecting that country by applying legally for asylum rather than trying to break in via the Channel Tunnel?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The analogy is correct. It's animals that don't react with any thought to circumstances and simply live their lives dictated by conditions.

Humans on the other hand, change the conditions. If they didn't, we would all be still living in caves dependent on the vagaries of the weather/the seasons/the ability to scavenge.

All of us were in their position at some point in history. That some people have taken the step forward, co operated, compromised and died to build some permanence for the good of all, should not be thrown away because some haven't and won't.
  • Options
    Forum Member

so you wouldn't get your family out of a war zone if you had the chance to protect them, interesting, would rather be defeatist and alive to be honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They could carve "Not a defeatist" on your gravestone, I suppose. That must be a comfort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    so you wouldn't get your family out of a war zone if you had the chance to protect them, interesting, would rather be defeatist and alive to be honest
    I don't have a family, but if I did I'd want a family that fought against evil like ISIS rather than ran away.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well you see that's how the common people of the UK got to the position they are in now as opposed to being peasants in the middle ages. Luckily our ancestors didn't feel as you and others do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Cannot believe some of the comments on here, probably the same ones banging on about the injustice of a lion being hunted and killed, yet youre referring to human beings as "rats"
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could carve "Not a defeatist" on your gravestone, I suppose. That must be a comfort.

And they could carve, "had it all but couldn't defend it" on yours.

You really think these migrants will do anything ever in the future to help maintain our society where the weak are not thrown out with the garbage?
    Look at what they come from and how they treat those who really have nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    Well you see that's how the common people of the UK got to the position they are in now as opposed to being peasants in the middle ages. Luckily our ancestors didn't feel as you and others do.

The common people of the UK seem to have a very romanticised notion of war. These are individuals who freak out if their mobile is out of battery or Tesco stops stocking Capri-Sun. If they want to act as cannon fodder, that gives me more time to get out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You really think these migrants will do anything ever in the future to help maintain our society where the weak are not thrown out with the garbage?

They are more likely to form protest groups when we go to war with their country of origin rather than help fight back.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bspace wrote: »

How can you possibly compare the current crisis to the middle ages? Where on earth do you think people had to go and by what means? Then somehow claim asylum?

Many people did leave this country during WW2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't get one in this scenario, remember?

I don't know. I'm not certain of the opposite as some people seem to be. I know that they're risking death to get over here, so they have more in common with the stand-up-and-fight posters than they do with me.
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to be honest, of all the pictures and footage I've seen of the migrant camp in Calais, it's amazing how disproportionate the numbers of men are, relative to numbers of women and children, trying to get across the Channel.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The common people of the UK seem to have a very romanticised notion of war. These are individuals who freak out if their mobile is out of battery or Tesco stops stocking Capri-Sun. If they want to act as cannon fodder, that gives me more time to get out.

Well said.
This discussion has been closed.