Why have people not been removed from the house?

bacchantic enigmabacchantic enigma Posts: 3,460
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm at an absolute loss as to why Endemol have not removed Jade et al from the house on the grounds of their behaviour.

By letting them stay in, they are practically condoning to the world, behaviour that has resulted in thousands of viewer complaints.

I don't buy the excuse that Shilpa herself has to complain before action is taken. As long as it can clearly be seen(which it can be due to the cameras) that there is inexcusable behaviour going on, then anybody displaying antisocial behaviour should have been advised/warned after a first instance, and removed on a second.

How Endemol/Channel 4 can ever hope to be viewed as socially responsible ever again is beyond me.

Comments

• Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only assume they are hoping for it to escalate even more - possibly even violence. They must be loving the ratings and press coverage.

The whole thing seems like a set up - like fight night. We all saw that coming, we all knew that's what they wanted, we all knew that there were several unstable characters in that house, we all knew what the outcome would be and it happened.

It's going to come to blows again and absolutely nothing has been done to prevent it getting to that stage.
  • D J KixD J Kix Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    They're going to let the viewers decide if their actions are those of racists/bullies or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    But don't you think there is also a risk of someone getting hurt outside of the house? In the UK or perhaps in India? Racism and the reactions to it can get out of control very quickly and it's not a situation that can be 'controlled' by a production team
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade should maybe be removed. i think they should be shown a news report or a newspaper that has come out and see exactly what people think. i think that would make them stop and think!
  • bacchantic enigmabacchantic enigma Posts: 3,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    capua wrote:
    But don't you think there is also a risk of someone getting hurt outside of the house? In the UK or perhaps in India? Racism and the reactions to it can get out of control very quickly and it's not a situation that can be 'controlled' by a production team

Well whether removed, evicted, or winning, they all have to leave the house at some point anyway eh?
  • airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well whether removed, evicted, or winning, they all have to leave the house at some point anyway eh?

Yes and the sooner the better!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think Jade and Jack will go, just think had they not gone in this wouldnt have happened!!!
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the question on everyone lips at the moment! Like I said on another thread, what needs to happen next for the three cows to get evicted on the spot? Do they actually need to physically attack Shilpa? Do they need to use sickening racist terms to her face? I'm seriously wondering what will be condoned and brushed under the carpet next. :rolleyes:

After witnessing the sickening tirade of abuse directed towards Shilpa between all three and Jack in the early hours of this morning, I really thought it couldn't get ANY worse.... but it did! :eek: I was truly horrified and sat watching with my mouth open as BB rewarded their disgusting behavour with alcohol! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree, they should be kicked out.
    Grace Dents column says the same too...
    http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/tvod/
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will happen tonight x
  • dugqdugq Posts: 4,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at an absolute loss as to why Endemol have not removed Jade et al from the house on the grounds of their behaviour.

By letting them stay in, they are practically condoning to the world, behaviour that has resulted in thousands of viewer complaints.

I don't buy the excuse that Shilpa herself has to complain before action is taken. As long as it can clearly be seen(which it can be due to the cameras) that there is inexcusable behaviour going on, then anybody displaying antisocial behaviour should have been advised/warned after a first instance, and removed on a second.

How Endemol/Channel 4 can ever hope to be viewed as socially responsible ever again is beyond me.

To remove them would be an admission that endemol screwed up in the first place. Instead they will let the show play out within the rules, albeit hugely manipulated to achieve the end BB want. The baddies will be punished but in the BB way (evicted to a hailstorm of boos) and the victim will triumph over adversity, find her inner strength and win the show. Its a fairy tale ending and endemol will point to the result and say "look, why were you all worried, everything worked out okay in the end" while completely ignoring the fact that without the complaints and media hysteria the show would still be edited to make Shilpa look like the baddy and to maintain whatever is left of Jade Goodys career.

Mind you, I had Shilpa at 16-1, so I'm laughing.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they will and I would not like to be in Jades shoes when she does. I dont know why they just evict her out of the back door. Please everyone read Grace Dents column today she says it all
  • raspberryraspberry Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Short answer: Endemol and Channel 4 cannot think that racism or bullying is a serious issue.

They are also hoping to profit from it by having a public vote.
  • pansy_dibberpansy_dibber Posts: 2,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

More to the point, Why hasn't the house been closed down altogether and condemned as a rodent infested sh*t pit for this year?
    Its certainly not entertainment by any stretch of the imagination ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MyMelody wrote:
    I totally agree, they should be kicked out.
    Grace Dents column says the same too...
    http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/tvod/
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will happen tonight x

Thanks for that link, Endemol will eventually have to try and justify their decision to leave things alone and unchallenged for so long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    This BBC news article starts by saying that CBB:

can now add causing a diplomatic incident and damaging Britain's reputation abroad to its list of achievements.

and ends with:

But the inescapable fact is that a programme which was struggling in the ratings has ended up being discussed on the floor of the Commons, has prompted widespread debate about racism and modern Britain - and most remarkably of all dominated Gordon Brown's pre-premiership tour of India.

I suspect that if Enditall/C4 try to weather the storm they will regret it. They need to do something positive, not be tempted follow their instincts and manipulate the result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dugq wrote:
    Its a fairy tale ending and endemol will point to the result and say "look, why were you all worried, everything worked out okay in the end" while completely ignoring the fact that without the complaints and media hysteria the show would still be edited to make Shilpa look like the baddy and to maintain whatever is left of Jade Goodys career.

Politically,socially and commercially, it's backfired on them big time. Goody. Pardon the pun.
  • NushNush Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Sun_Beam wrote:
    Do they actually need to physically attack Shilpa? Do they need to use sickening racist terms to her face?
    I must have missed that - elucidate with date and time! :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    "This is Big Brother - would Jade go to the Diary Room" (Jade clumps in checking her refelction in the door before floucing in) Door shuts, faint sound of rapid machine gun fire. "This is Big Brother - would Jo & Danielle go to the Diary Room............."