Options

What could EastEnders do to gain more viewers?

2»

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hide Willy Wonka golden tickets in scenes. Anyone who spots one gets a signed photo of Robbie Jackson.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just an easy way to get people watching for 5 minutes before they turn off again. So much effort goes into the live episodes the surrounding episodes are rubbish in comparison, not to mention the logistical nightmares it causes.

If I never see a soap doing a live episode again it'll be too soon.

I do agree with this. The 2010 live episode was good but it dragged down the following episodes for ages afterwards.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    Stacey has already been raped, widowed, had an affair with her husbands father, killed someone, been jailed and suffers from Bi-polar, as well as a load of other stuff... I think as far as storylines go, she is already pretty much exhausted, so piling any more issue based stuff on her will be ridiculous.

I don't understand why she was ever brought back tbh, what more can they do with her? Like Lola, she's already irritating me by feeling the need to mention her child's name in every single scene she is in.

I think Lucy's murder was a great idea to regain viewers, so credit to them for that, but the execution fell to pieces only a few episodes in and at this point I think it's fair to say the storyline is a bit of a flop, considering it was pinned as something unique and thrilling, when in actual fact, so far it has been just like every other bog standard who-dunnit, only drawn out at snail pace. I can't wait for it to be over and done with. At this point, I think the best thing to do would be to put that storyline on the back-burner until around christmas, because any more "I was (insert character doing something suspicious) on the night Lucy died" and I will scream.

Disagree about stacey...

But the Lola and Lucy part LOOL, that's all I ever hear, Lucy this, Lucy that, the night lucy died...
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    Stacey has already been raped, widowed, had an affair with her husbands father, killed someone, been jailed and suffers from Bi-polar, as well as a load of other stuff... I think as far as storylines go, she is already pretty much exhausted, so piling any more issue based stuff on her will be ridiculous.

I don't understand why she was ever brought back tbh, what more can they do with her? Like Lola, she's already irritating me by feeling the need to mention her child's name in every single scene she is in.

I think Lucy's murder was a great idea to regain viewers, so credit to them for that, but the execution fell to pieces only a few episodes in and at this point I think it's fair to say the storyline is a bit of a flop, considering it was pinned as something unique and thrilling, when in actual fact, so far it has been just like every other bog standard who-dunnit, only drawn out at snail pace. I can't wait for it to be over and done with. At this point, I think the best thing to do would be to put that storyline on the back-burner until around christmas, because any more "I was (insert character doing something suspicious) on the night Lucy died" and I will scream.

Couldn't agree more about Stacey, utterly pointless return, and far to early to make an impact.
    I will hate it when she's right back in the spotlight of the show.

However the Lucy murder did give good ratings for a bit, I think if they promote it more when some huge things happen it will get people interested in it again.
  • Options
    LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    A siege killing off all the characters.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    EE lost me when they brought in Max Branning and turned it into the Max Branning show.

I've seen bits of the odd episode here and there since then, but I've been so long away from the soap that I don't know who most of the characters are.

But if that character was written out, I'd be willing to try getting into watching it again.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    DTC made a huge mistake with the Lucy storyline. Dragging it out until next year. That's not gonna win viewers back. What would have won viewers back if he completely focused on this storyline for a maximum of 6 weeks. It would have meant less filler, more action, better pace and less chance of viewers being bored.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change its name to Emmeration Street
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More imaginative stories and less reliance on stunts
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    When the official figures include tablets and mobile devices EE figures will go up proportionally more than CS/ED. Hollyoaks as well.

How so?:confused:Many older viewers use tablets and mobiles too if your trying to make the point Emmerdale and Corrie have an older demographic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going fine at the moment - the only problem is the block filming that makes you forget certain storylines until the characters turn up again.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it'll all come together as the nights get darker. Everything bubbling away nicely until christmas when they have the big episode (the real test) leading us into what will be the massive 30th anniversary reveal episode in February. Hopefully this will restore the viewing figures to previous levels (8 million+)
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll all come together as the nights get darker. Everything bubbling away nicely until christmas when they have the big episode (the real test) leading us into what will be the massive 30th anniversary reveal episode in February. Hopefully this will restore the viewing figures to previous levels (8 million+)

What it needs is good quality scenes, it wouldn't hurt them to do night shoots in the vic, like they did in the sharon week, where phil and shirley were talking in the vic at night, scenes like this are very powerful! The cast also need to connect more with eachover, after the 30th they need some very big powerful storylines to keep viewers entertained, otherwise it will be a massive flop! This autumn/Christmas/winter/30th is their chance to get viewers interested again so it needs to be MASSIVE! If they want old viewers to tune in, it would be best it they calmed down on using new cast members too much, so old viewers don't get too confused! The show is missing very good scenes like where stacey jumped on trinas coffin during the funeral, where jase dyer was stabbed, where chrissie watts murdered den, if they can start producing scenes/episodes as powerful as this again, their viewing figures will increase!
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Not overusing certain characters and make storylines consistent.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,315
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    More imaginative stories and less reliance on stunts

What stunts?

And I disagree with the poster who said the storyline should have lasted six weeks, what do they gi e us after that mobths of dot wondering where her coldcuts have gone to? I have no problem with this storyline going on for months, dtc should have kept the end date to himself as some people clearly have no patience
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could they not do some pick story line like the Corrie tram crash did a few years back?

Now i know that the tram story was for the 50th but it would be great to have something similar week long event with someone dying every night of the week then on the last episode have a major major person like Dot or Ian or Nick die :)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Lauren and Nancy getting it on...thats all Im saying. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kill off Dot