The Name of the Doctor

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
Forum Member
Just a little thought: At the end of Name of the Doctor, when River says goodbye, she points out that Clara has left(jumped into the timestream) and River was connected to Clara and asks (something along the lines of..) 'How can I still be here if Clara has left the Tardis?' The answer to which is the (ever enigmatic) 'spoilers' The overall suggestion is that the pair of them are, in some way, connected to the Tardis. To my knowledge, this hasn't been referred to or explained since ( unless I've missed it)

Curiouser and curiouser?

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I took it as meaning Clara was still alive
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIVER: I was mentally linked with Clara. If she's really dead, then how can I still be here?

She says nothing about being linked or connected to the TARDIS.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic episode. As good as any Moffat has written.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    What a fantastic episode. As good as any Moffat has written.

It was ok but the River Song stuff, especially at the end, was toe-curlingly awful. Smith and Kingston were never remotely believable together, and Richard E Grant was a really wet villain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    It was ok but the River Song stuff, especially at the end, was toe-curlingly awful. Smith and Kingston were never remotely believable together, and Richard E Grant was a really wet villain.

I liked it and one of the best scenes with them on a 'believable' note was in the Angels take Manhattan after river song has broken her hand and they are sitting there when the Dr fixes it , her and Amy's reaction is very believable.

The angels take Manhattan was very good.

And River song has been good all the way through actually.