Options

santa stuff online

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone got any good leads for any santa goodies interactive sites etc, I have nord Tracker and the very clever one where it looks like it is addressed to your child...anymore folks?

Comments

• Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the one that looks as if it's addressed to your child? I know Nord Tracker as used it with my son the last couple of years. Sorry I can't help you with any new ones.
  • Options
    cosmicsoupcosmicsoup Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Hi. I used http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/ which is a fantastic site.I used it for santa to send a video message to my daughter from santa. It will include their name aswell as photos if you want to upload them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    It's NORAD (in caps, not shouting) Santa-tracker, not nord.

NORAD track all low-earth orbiting objects (satellites, missiles etc.) so they pick Santa up the second he leaves the North Pole.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I have yet to find a site that promotes Father Chrsitmas who lives in Lapland, they all seem to be Americanised and based on the north pole, which I find sad :(
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmicsoup wrote: »
    Hi. I used http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/ which is a fantastic site.I used it for santa to send a video message to my daughter from santa. It will include their name aswell as photos if you want to upload them.

I did this for my son, it doesn't work for every kid tho because it has to recongnise their name and not every name is recongnised, it had trouble getting my son's and his is a "normal" name.
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    I did this for my son, it doesn't work for every kid tho because it has to recongnise their name and not every name is recongnised, it had trouble getting my son's and his is a "normal" name.

I just tried and they don't have jack

Thats ridiculous, it's one of the most popular names in the country lol

EDIT: There must be something wrong with it as I just tried:

Chloe
    Joanne
    Dean
    Simon
    Josh

and none of them are recognised
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried and they don't have jack

Thats ridiculous, it's one of the most popular names in the country lol

We had to do ours a few times, sometimes it picked it up sometimes it didn't, it wouldn't pick up my nephews name so we just picked a name that sounded a bit like his and used it, for my neice we used a nickname.

I commented after you editted, yea I think it's not the best set up site, we have trouble with a few of the pages, they don't load properly or accept details but the final result was pretty cool, they were also supposed to send us an email of the video but never did.
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have emailed them to ask if it is down or if those names are genuinely not on the system

Seems crazy if they aren't