o2 Termination of Contract

pmyoungpmyoung Posts: 131
Forum Member
I am out of contract with O2 on 10 August 2013. I currently pay £21.00 for line rental and £6 for data giving a total on £27 a month.
My last bill had the billing dates from 18 Jun - 17 Jul and this bill is due to be taken on Mon 1 July by direct debit.

Since I am desperate to move carrier I went onto the online chat and requested a PAC code, which they eventually gave me and when I asked about paying off the remainder they quoted me £42.

This was explained as the remainder of the line rental and a exit fee of £15. I have looked on line and can't really find any mention of being charged to go early, do you think that the chat person is forgetting to include the fact that I am due to pay my latest bill on Monday?

Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks.

Comments

• carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most companies will credit you back with any overpayments you may have made once you have actually left them. The thing is, they don't often do this to your bank account, you need to call and ask once you've had the final bill.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pmyoung wrote: »
    I am out of contract with O2 on 10 August 2013. I currently pay £21.00 for line rental and £6 for data giving a total on £27 a month.
    My last bill had the billing dates from 18 Jun - 17 Jul and this bill is due to be taken on Mon 1 July by direct debit.

Since I am desperate to move carrier I went onto the online chat and requested a PAC code, which they eventually gave me and when I asked about paying off the remainder they quoted me £42.

This was explained as the remainder of the line rental and a exit fee of £15. I have looked on line and can't really find any mention of being charged to go early, do you think that the chat person is forgetting to include the fact that I am due to pay my latest bill on Monday?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Many Thanks.

whats wrong with 02
  • pmyoungpmyoung Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »
    whats wrong with 02

Good 2G signal not a good 3G signal where I live.

Sorted the problem out now anyway. They were including the direct debit to be taken on 1st July

THanks
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pmyoung wrote: »
    Good 2G signal not a good 3G signal where I live.

Yeah, that is the problem I often have. They actually have quite a good 2G signal, a hang over no doubt from BT Cellnet days.

But their 3G coverage is pitiful.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I work for o2 on the consumer pay monthly department at one of their call centres, and that is absoloute rubbish, and unfortunately its not the first or last time that I have seen such monumental misinformation come from the online advisors.
    There is no exit fee. Your final bill is calculated up til the end of your contract date, and you will only pay up to that. If your contract has elapsed, then you will only pay up til the day the number has actually ported across to the new network. If a bill has been recently generated during this process, then this will be credited back on your final bill which will be generated 14 days after the disconnection/PAC transfer.