2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Is it ladylike to bitch about other women?

I don't care what gender someone is. If you behave like a pig and deface public property like that, I'm going to judge the hell out of you.

Those of you with this "only the wimmin are ever criticised" agenda are seeing what you want to see.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care what gender someone is. If you behave like a pig and deface public property like that, I'm going to judge the hell out of you.

Those of you with this "only the wimmin are ever criticised" agenda are seeing what you want to see.

You were not only passing comment on the ones who left litter. You said it's sadly true that the number of 'ladies' at Aintree was approximately zero.
    This is patently untrue and simply a bitchy thing to say and itself not at all ladylike.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the gender, anyone who leaves a disgusting mess like that is an utter disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's a reflection of the individuals but merely typical aftermath of a huge number of people consuming food and drink in a confined space and overwhelming the facilities.
    You'll see it at all major events such as football matches, Glastonbury and all other festivals, it's expected and managed routinely.
    I went two years ago and the wheelie bins were well used and full at the end of the day.
    Why not let your hair down and go next year instead of sniping? It's more sociable and way more fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were not only passing comment on the ones who left litter. You said it's sadly true that the number of 'ladies' at Aintree was approximately zero.
    This is patently untrue and simply a bitchy thing to say and itself not at all ladylike.

Okay, that's true. I stand by it though and I agree with everyone who says it should no longer be called Ladies Day.

Still, I also stand by this whole we must not criticise wimmin EVER thing that is taking over the forums is incredibly tedious - and also a load of BS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not let your hair down and go next year instead of sniping? It's more sociable and way more fun.

So now people aren't letting their hair down unless they are being dirty gits? Oh dear.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would a bloke have a chance of pulling at Ladies day?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now people aren't letting their hair down unless they are being dirty gits? Oh dear.

Wow, you don't half put words into people's mouths and jump to conclusions to try to have an argument. That's not what I said, why would you make that leap?

Stick to the point I raised about you making unladylike comments about other women not being ladies (and the irony of it).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, you don't half put words into people's mouths and jump to conclusions to try to have an argument. That's not what I said, why would you make that leap?

Stick to the point I raised about you making unladylike comments about other women not being ladies (and the irony of it).

When people like you don't let anyone crictise the wimmin EVER out of taking the concept of sisterhood too far or whatever's going on with your ilk of feminist, and want to view any poster who says the slightest negative thing about wimmin in the worst possible light, it's rich to say anything about anyone else putting words in people's mouths.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people like you don't let anyone crictise the wimmin EVER out of taking the concept of sisterhood too far or whatever's going on with your ilk of feminist, and want to view any poster who says the slightest negative thing about wimmin in the worst possible light, it's rich to say anything about anyone else putting words in people's mouths.

I haven't put words into your mouth, I quoted you about the women at Aintree not being ladies. Conversely, you stretched my dismissal of a bit of normal litter into not being able to have a good time without making a mess.
    Not sure where the sisterhood/feminism angle comes from but I'm merely in favour of not joining in with the tabloid media in slagging people off for a having bit of simple fun.
    You should give the National a go, you might enjoy it.
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure many will agree, you only have to go to a standing concert where the ground is clear to find three hours later when you're walking out, the whole floor is covered in plastic cups!
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Damn, missed this thread and it looks like it was 'fun'.

All I will say is to those who tire of all the women bashing, this thread is mild compared to what's out there. I agree it's a regular thing on DS- pop your head into Showbiz and you see people revelling in denigrating women day in and day out. 'Bitches' '****' 'slags' etc are commonplace words used to describe them.

What may surprise some people is when you realise the gender of some of the worst offenders.

People make far too much of a big deal about stuff like Ladies day and their 'outrage' speaks volumes.
    The litter and the level of drunkenness, whilst not a good thing is no way near as bad as people make out. As others say you see it after every concert, festival etc and this applies to both men and women. It's not too be admired but hardly crime of the century as some seem desperate to make out.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Kind of bizarre the way people have made the connection between ladies day at Aintree and huge heaps of garbage and then used that as an excuse to slag off the ladies.

Kinda like posting up pictures of all the debris at, say, a Coldplay concert and a bunch of people criticising Coldplay.

Sure, people leave a lot of mess at any public event. Whoda thunk it?

TBH, the vast majority of the rubbish at race-courses is discarded betting slips so it's not exactly like it will come as any great shock to the owners.
    If it was a big problem to clean up the litter they'd probably have come up with better facilities for collecting litter.
    As it is, it's just huge areas of concrete and tarmac so it's probably pretty easy for a handful of people with brooms to sweep it all up so, in the grand scheme of things, it's not actually a big deal.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a security issue as well. Bins are great places for hiding explosive devices therefore they have to be careful where bins are placed. Or at least that's what I read on another forum.
    Better to have a lot of litter to clear up than a horrible tragedy.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Kind of bizarre the way people have made the connection between ladies day at Aintree and huge heaps of garbage and then used that as an excuse to slag off the ladies.

Kinda like posting up pictures of all the debris at, say, a Coldplay concert and a bunch of people criticising Coldplay.

Sure, people leave a lot of mess at any public event. Whoda thunk it?

I agree. We should have just gone with the same thread we have every year.

Somebody posts up the inevitable Daily Mail pics of pissed, tattooed, orange munters cavorting about in lurid, unsuitable outfits. This prompts the traditional class-based exchange of entrenched views (neither side listening to the other, of course), enriched with a bit of militant feminism and some slagging-off of the Daily Mail for the truly unimaginative.

We know where we are with that. We're good at it.

I did try to get the thread into this sort of territory with #39 but it was too late by then.

Y'see, this is what happens when we break with tradition. :cry:
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Is it ladylike to bitch about other women?

in Jane Elliot's case its in her nature.

In your case, even more so if that 'someone' is of the female persuasion, eh?! ;-)
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    I think it's a security issue as well. Bins are great places for hiding explosive devices therefore they have to be careful where bins are placed. Or at least that's what I read on another forum.

They have bomb proof litter bins these days. Well, I assume so, as there wouldn't be so many in my local town centre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    DaisyBill wrote: »

Indeed.. think of the loss to society if there had been such a tragedy at Ladies day :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed.. think of the loss to society if there had been such a tragedy at Ladies day :o

Oh just pack it in and stop pretending you're royalty.
    zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Oh just pack it in and stop pretending you're royalty.
    zzzzzzzzzzz

Really!! Is this a habit of mine??