The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Another reason NOT to tune in?

Simon Cowell reportedly wants Nick Grimshaw to join the X Factor judging panel.

What Cowell wants is as much press coverage about TXF as possible whilst it's not on air, in a bid to keep the brand in the public eye. It could just as easily be another name next week and, let's face it, whoever it ends up being will most likely be tossed aside afterwards.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV News actually is better viewing then BBC News these days apart from GMB.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Except five times as many people watch the BBC News; ITV's election night ratings were abysmal, beaten by C4:o
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's subjective. ITV News doesn't rate as well as BBC News even without clashes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Except five times as many people watch the BBC News; ITV's election night ratings were abysmal, beaten by C4:o

Thought ITV were surprisingly poor on election night.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Thought ITV were surprisingly poor on election night.

They picked the wrong presenter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC regional news at 6.30 last Friday came second overall in the ratings with 6.278 m (36%), BBC News at Six 5,274 m (32%) and BBC News at Ten 4.583 m (27%) according to ITV Media
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    It's only been two weeks since ITV2 introduced a teatime repeat of Judge Rinder, but already it's creeping into the multichannel top 10.

Friday's 6pm screening pulled in 448k (2.7%) according to ITV Media, the 8th most watched m/c programme of the day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    BBC regional news at 6.30 last Friday came second overall in the ratings with 6.278 m (36%), BBC News at Six 5,274 m (32%) and BBC News at Ten 4.583 m (27%) according to ITV Media
    BBC Breakfast must have rated well on Friday morning.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only been two weeks since ITV2 introduced a teatime repeat of Judge Rinder, but already it's creeping into the multichannel top 10.

Friday's 6pm screening pulled in 448k (2.7%) according to ITV Media, the 8th most watched m/c programme of the day.
    Judge Rinder has been a surprise hit for ITV
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Mixed news for week 3 of Spike.

Breaking Bad led the way once again averaging a strong 174k across the week, only slightly down on the 177k avg that watched the previous week's episodes. Not too far behind was Lip Sync Battle which hit a series high 167k, with the Sunday repeat adding a further 103k.

Elsewhere The Walking Dead failed to perform on its Freeview return with just 123k and 114k for the first two episodes of Season 5. This is massively down on the 388k that watched the Season 4 finale on 5* last September. However, it built across the run last time and C5 will be hopeful it will do the same again having changed channels for a third time.
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Breakfast must have rated well on Friday morning.

Breakfast didn't air on Friday. It was the Election Results programme throughout the daytime on BBC One.
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay folks, latest BGT consolidated numbers are in!

BGT Episode 4 Consolidated Rankings
    1. Series 3 (2009) - 13.21m
    2. Series 4 (2010) - 12.17m
    3. Series 6 (2012) - 12.33m
    4. Series 9 (2015) - 11.69m
    5. Series 7 (2013) - 11.59m
    6. Series 5 (2011) - 11.58m
    7. Series 8 (2014) - 10.9m
    8. Series 2 (2008) - 9.86m
    9. Series 1 (2007) - 7.39m
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    Breakfast didn't air on Friday. It was the Election Results programme throughout the daytime on BBC One.

You're right. It must have been ahead of GMB anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    What Cowell wants is as much press coverage about TXF as possible whilst it's not on air, in a bid to keep the brand in the public eye. It could just as easily be another name next week and, let's face it, whoever it ends up being will most likely be tossed aside afterwards.

Has anyone thought of getting rid of Simon Cowell ?
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking news in the US, with American Idol ending after next season on Fox after 15 years.
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

Do we know how the repeats are doing on ITV on a weekend morning ?

Is Judge Rinder intentionally camp or is it just his natural aura ?
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breaking news in the US, with American Idol ending after next season on Fox after 15 years.

If ever a show was past its best, ratings have sunk year after year - the demographics and cost of star talent must have made it an easy decision.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BAFTA Television Awards 2015 wins 5.3m for BBC One on Sunday

The BAFTA Television Awards were up marginally on last year's ratings, according to overnight figures for Sunday (May 10).

The Graham Norton-hosted ceremony brought in 5.26m (24.2%) for BBC One between 8pm and 10pm. Earlier, Countryfile topped the ratings with 6.05m (32.1%) at 7pm.

On BBC Two, Britain's Greatest Generation was watched by 580k (3.1%) at 7pm, before Hunters of the South continued with 1.18m (5.5%) at 8pm, and Wellington: The Iron Duke Unmasked interested 1.07m (4.8%). Modern Times followed with 700k (4.4%) at 10pm.

ITV's new period drama Home Fires fell marginally for its second episode with 4.64m (20.7%) at 9pm (308k/1.9% on +1). Earlier, Celebrity Squares entertained 1.71m (8.9%) at 7.15pm (85k/0.4%) and Sunday Night at the Palladium gathered 3.53m (16.6%) at 8pm (152k/0.7%).

Over on Channel 4, Three in a Bed averaged 507k (3.1%) at 7pm (168k/0.8%), while For The Love of Cars continued with 1.26m (5.9%) at 8pm (129k/0.6%). The network premiere of Prometheus transfixed 1.46m (8.1%) at 9pm (259k/2.3%).

Grown Ups and Safe were Channel 5's Sunday evening film selections, with the former bringing in 1.23m (5.6%) at 8pm and the latter entertaining 587k (4.4%) at 9pm.
    I thought the BAFTAs went very well last night with Clive James and Jon Snow giving hilarious and modest speeches when they were given their awards. Also the BAFTAs have become more populist with a Radio Times award and award for reality television. They avoid the trashiness of something like the British Soap Awards and also the high minded BAFTAs of the past where mass appeal television was mostly ignored. I'm glad over 5 million tuned in as it was good to watch.
    Also after suffering a very frightening afternoon, where my car had a blow out at 60 mph, I needed to chill. ( Back is still sore after changing the tyre, alloy wheels).
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I thought the BAFTAs went very well last night with Clive James and Jon Snow giving hilarious and modest speeches when they were given their awards. Also the BAFTAs have become more populist with a Radio Times award and award for reality television. They avoid the trashiness of something like the British Soap Awards and also the high minded BAFTAs of the past where mass appeal television was mostly ignored. I'm glad over 5 million tuned in as it was good to watch.
    Also after suffering a very frightening afternoon, where my car had a blow out at 60 mph, I needed to chill. ( Back is still sore after changing the tyre, alloy wheels).

At least you are safe and well after the blow out. That is the most important thing :)
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see both BBC & ITV have some reasonable non soap ratings, BAFTA & Countryfile for BBC One, Home Fires & Sunday Palladium for ITV. Celebrity Squares will surely not return, it is more teatime than primetime.
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Nice to see both BBC & ITV have some reasonable non soap ratings, BAFTA & Countryfile for BBC One, Home Fires & Sunday Palladium for ITV. Celebrity Squares will surely not return, it is more teatime than primetime.

Perhaps that is where Celebrity Squares should go, depending on how much it costs to produce.

It could work as a decent alternative to The Chase when it takes it break rather than the appalling Paul O Grady.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lip Sync Battle has turned out to a hit for Spike, since Viacom owns the format rights, I wonder if we might see a UK version?

In other news, Whose Line is it Anyway is returning as a live show in the West End for two weeks, given the success of the US version, I wonder if this is a way of testing whether a UK revival on television is feasible. I wouldn't be surprised if the original producers are pitching to broadcasters. Channel 4 seems the most likely home but it could easily end up elsewhere like Channel 5, Dave, BBC Two etc if Channel 4 turns it down.
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Lip Sync Battle has turned out to a hit for Spike, since Viacom owns the format rights, I wonder if we might see a UK version?

In other news, Whose Line is it Anyway is returning as a live show in the West End for two weeks, given the success of the US version, I wonder if this is a way of testing whether a UK revival on television is feasible. I wouldn't be surprised if the original producers are pitching to broadcasters. Channel 4 seems the most likely home but it could easily end up elsewhere like Channel 5, Dave, BBC Two etc if Channel 4 turns it down.

A UK revival would be great. I used to enjoy watching it on Channel 4 all those years ago.

I wonder if ITV could jump in and grab the show ? It would work for them on a Saturday evening following X Factor and just before Jonathan Ross.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »
    At least you are safe and well after the blow out. That is the most important thing :)
    Thankyou, it was a rear blowout, which isn't as bad, but still very scary on a fast road. At least I managed to limp home on a spacesaver tyre and got the tyre replaced this morning.
This discussion has been closed.