Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Ali_CWAli_CW Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Blue Jasmine.

You don't need 3d glasses to watch it or enhance it. You don't need to watch it on imax.
    It has a story and contains acting! It's strong on characters.
    It's in most cinemas at present.

Enjoy it.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tower of Evil - British horror film from 1972, which I hadn't seen since about 1984. A sort of Scooby Doo adventure for adults with plenty of gore and nudity, but no dog. I enjoyed it!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Machete - 5/10

Looked promising from the first 20 minutes, but then quite quickly became quite boring.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Lone Ranger: 2/5

Entertaining in spurts (I guess) but far too long and actually dull too. Tonto is basically Jack Sparrow in war paint - highlighting his limitations as an actor - the production design is good but only near the climax do we get some proper matinee style high-jinks. There's a scene which pays tribute to The Good the Bad and the Ugly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Olympus Has Fallen 9/10

The whitehouse gets taken over and the president gets taken hostage by korean terrorists. It's very bloody, death-heavy and filled with suspense. And I thought it was very good! Gerard Butler's best film yet. And i say that as someone who hasn't really liked any films he's been in before. And Morgan Freeman is just amazing as usual. The blurb says "Die Hard at the Whitehouse", I think it's better than Die Hard!

The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because as much as I like bloody, violent action packed films, I did find some of the violence went over the top. You get the point, but the camera just lingers on for a few extra second to drive the point home...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piranha DD - 5/10

I actually found it hilarious and was laughing out loud the whole way through. But I just can't give it more than 5/10 because fundamentally... It is a load of shit.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Terminator 2
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deliverance. 8/10. Burt Reynolds at his best!
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Boys Don't Cry
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Criminal - 1960 mostly prison set crime drama starring Stanley Baker. It was alright, but it isn't one I'd watch again.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Perfect Circle (Savrseni krug) (1997) 9/10
    The Way Way Back (2013) 8/10
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 39 Steps. (1978) 7/10.

Ok Richard Hannay. (Robert Powell) is an innocent man on the run. That's fine, but he gets another innocent man who was only trying to help him killed, and takes his fiance! Apart from that i still enjoyed it:)
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piranha DD - 5/10

I actually found it hilarious and was laughing out loud the whole way through. But I just can't give it more than 5/10 because fundamentally... It is a load of shit.

I loved it BB. I am a huge Hasselhoff fan and just loved him taking the mickey out of himself. Fantastic guy in real life too!
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,165
    Forum Member
    Roman Holiday (1953) - 8.5/10
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvel's: The Avengers

One of the best superhero films to come out in years - but it's not perfect. It slows down quite a bit at the halfway mark. The playful banter between the characters are fun to watch and listen to. Excellent film.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion 2013 6 out of 10 I give.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinselpops wrote: »
    Friends with Benefits which was on tv last night. I thought it was a really enjoyable Rom com, the two leads bounced off each other well and made it one if the better Rom com's I've seen in recent years. 8/10

Just watched this this afternoon and have to agree. Definitely better that i thought it was going to be.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Trust - Truly harrowing story of a 14 year old girl who is groomed online then raped by a 35 year old serial sex predator and the effect it has on not only her but her family. A remarkable piece of film making from David Schwimmer (yes honestly) and some outstanding performances.

Not an easy watch (i was in bits) but one i'd definitely recommend. 9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney's Aladdin on Blu-Ray. Epic.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Sword in the Stone [1963]. Director: Wolfgang Reitherman

6/10

For a 79 minute film this Disney effort drags a bit

Vic + Flo saw a Bear [2013]. Director: Denis Côté

6/10

Typically quirky arthouse drama which won the Silver Bear award at the Berlin Film Festival (maybe they were impressed that it had the word "bear" in the title).

The Witches [1966]. Director: Cyril Frankel

5/10

Middle period Hammer Horror has a schoolteacher discovering Witchcraft in an English village. "Blood on Satan's Claw" did it so much better 5 years later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I loved it BB. I am a huge Hasselhoff fan and just loved him taking the mickey out of himself. Fantastic guy in real life too!

Cool. To be honest I loved it too. I just didn't realise it was a spoof before watching it. I don't know whether that was a good surprise or a bad one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grabbers - 2/10

Irish comedy, Sci-fi horror. Not good at all.

The Prophecy - 5/10

Christopher Walken as a killer angel grom the Director of Highlander. It just felt like I was watching highlander.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    White House Down - Absolutely abyssmal, couldn't get past thehalfway mark 0/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    The Kings of Summer (2013) 9/10

Absolutely loved it. Easily my favourite film of the year so far.
This discussion has been closed.