Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    A good few years ago now, a friend of a friend was shopping in a supermarket somewhere in LA. When she got to the till, she opened her bag and her purse wasn't there. She had her little baby with her and was buying mostly stuff for her (nappies, food etc) as well as food and the odd bit for the house. Nothing extravagant but the total came to about $80.

She told the cashier that she didn't have any money and was extremely embarrassed. Being a new mother, she was feeling really emotional and vulnerable and just burst into tears. The cashier didn't know what to do! He said he would have to call the manager as he couldn't, obviously, let her take the stuff without paying.

So, the guy standing behind her stepped forward and told the cashier to add her shopping to his (apparently he was just buying one or two items) and told my friend's friend that she had a beautiful baby. She was obviously completely overwhelmed and couldn't say thank you enough. She managed to get a hug out of him too!

She said that she would have to pay him back but he told her it was a gift and to go home and spend time with her baby girl!

That guy?

Justin Timberlake!

What a lovely anecdote.:)
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Well that article doesn't really suggest she's 'hard to work with' because she's an unpleasant person or acts in a not very nice way. It talks more about her partying lifestyle which points more to maybe an issue with her work ethic.

That maybe it's her getting on too well with people that is the problem?

There's a story in Popbitch about her PR company being really heavy handed over Sheridan Smith's publicity, threatening not to cooperate with a magazine in future, because they put her on the front cover. How dare they!
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Chris Tarrant in 2000. I was staying with my cousin in London for a couple of days and she worked in the offices at Capital Radio. I went with her to work in the morning as she wanted to show me where to meet her at lunch time and coming down the corridor was Chris as he had just finished his morning show. She stopped him and introduced me to him, he seemed really cool and friendly.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    Peter capaldi. A very polite, kind man who took time to greet fans at a free signing and allow photos and chat with him. Very genuine.

Not really a fan of the New Who (I am very old, or at least I feel it today), but my friends met Peter Capaldi when he was filming in Cardiff last year, and they said that he gave off the distinct vibe of a man who can't quite believe that he's just landed his dream job. I think that's lovely.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been listening to Rumours by Fleetwood Mac today and read up a little bit on Stevie Nicks, who had colossal addiction problems, but always came across as pleasant enough and does loads for ex servicemen and addicts charities? Anyone met her as it would be nice to find out if she's a nice celeb.
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon cowell, he's a nasty piece of work and very false
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    m-river wrote: »

Personal experience?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personal experience?

yeah met him last week, plus he reeks of cigs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Okay so I've not met many celebrities in my lifetime but I have met two big American popstars, Jordin Sparks and Taylor Swift whilst being an audience member for an intimate showbiz tv show.

So, Jordin Sparks was lovely, she was so sweet and polite. She made sure that she talked to everybody and she really would talk to you in a genuine, approachable way. Actually our conversation went something like,

"Jordin! I love your dress!" (me being a total dorkhead):blush:

Jordin: "What? This? Thank you, but it's a really old dress that my ma gave to me when I was a teenager, but thanks anyway. I think your top is lovely, it really suits your skin tone." And we chatted quite casually for about 3 minutes or so. She really came across as a level-headed, down to earth person.

Now, Taylor on the other hand. When the camera was on, she would act all smiley and say nice things and ...she was acting pretty fake to be honest. Then as soon as the camera stops rolling, she would reach to her handbag and get out a small mirror and endlessly and I say, endlessly, check her make up, hair and outfit in the mirror. Then instead of talking to the audience members, she would call her assistant in to re-touch her make up and I swear at one point, she was muttering to her assistant something like this,

"Kate, can you tell me whether I should smile so much cus I don't want to show my teeth too much. Like should I keep my mouth closed and turn sideways to the camera and sit like this" *Taylor turns herself so that she's sitting sideways on the couch, so she's facing sideways to the camera*. Then her assistant was sort of just agreeing with what she was saying and even at one point, checked Taylor's teeth and told her to try keep her eyes open as wide as possible so it doesn't look like she's squinting at the lights in the room or something.

And the whole time, Jordin was chatting to everyone during the breaks, Taylor would be readjusting her makeup, hair and muttering to her assistant. It really seems like Taylor's incredibly insecure about herself and quite vain to be honest. Also, during the interview, she would deliberately drop celebrity names of the people she's "besties" with and how she's got a whole gang of "strong women" who support her etc etc. And it was just mind-numbing boring. She acts quite arrogant as well.

So there I said it. Anyone who thinks Taylor comes across as this easy-going, nice person - she really isn't!! Her image is so coldly calculated, she even needs to chat to an assistant about the length of time she should hold her mouth closed and ridiculous things like that!

But Jordin was very friendly and approachable.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    But just to play devils advocate here, I wouldn't say that that experience proves that taylor swift is not very nice rather just very self aware.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    m-river wrote: »

Doesn't seem like a surprise to me. Never liked him.
    I don't want to stir when there's no evidence, but I can see quite a few sociopathic traits in him.
    I'm not on the Cowell worshipping bandwagon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beats me how somebody could go from 'shy' to 'sex abuser'. Yet more proof that shows the court charges don't weigh up (although better not say any more than that).

If this kind of comment is your idea of proof I hope you never get called up for jury duty.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BoBo_Ling wrote: »
    Okay so I've not met many celebrities in my lifetime but I have met two big American popstars, Jordin Sparks and Taylor Swift whilst being an audience member for an intimate showbiz tv show.

So, Jordin Sparks was lovely, she was so sweet and polite. She made sure that she talked to everybody and she really would talk to you in a genuine, approachable way. Actually our conversation went something like,

"Jordin! I love your dress!" (me being a total dorkhead):blush:

Jordin: "What? This? Thank you, but it's a really old dress that my ma gave to me when I was a teenager, but thanks anyway. I think your top is lovely, it really suits your skin tone." And we chatted quite casually for about 3 minutes or so. She really came across as a level-headed, down to earth person.

Now, Taylor on the other hand. When the camera was on, she would act all smiley and say nice things and ...she was acting pretty fake to be honest. Then as soon as the camera stops rolling, she would reach to her handbag and get out a small mirror and endlessly and I say, endlessly, check her make up, hair and outfit in the mirror. Then instead of talking to the audience members, she would call her assistant in to re-touch her make up and I swear at one point, she was muttering to her assistant something like this,

"Kate, can you tell me whether I should smile so much cus I don't want to show my teeth too much. Like should I keep my mouth closed and turn sideways to the camera and sit like this" *Taylor turns herself so that she's sitting sideways on the couch, so she's facing sideways to the camera*. Then her assistant was sort of just agreeing with what she was saying and even at one point, checked Taylor's teeth and told her to try keep her eyes open as wide as possible so it doesn't look like she's squinting at the lights in the room or something.

And the whole time, Jordin was chatting to everyone during the breaks, Taylor would be readjusting her makeup, hair and muttering to her assistant. It really seems like Taylor's incredibly insecure about herself and quite vain to be honest. Also, during the interview, she would deliberately drop celebrity names of the people she's "besties" with and how she's got a whole gang of "strong women" who support her etc etc. And it was just mind-numbing boring. She acts quite arrogant as well.

So there I said it. Anyone who thinks Taylor comes across as this easy-going, nice person - she really isn't!! Her image is so coldly calculated, she even needs to chat to an assistant about the length of time she should hold her mouth closed and ridiculous things like that!

But Jordin was very friendly and approachable.

This sounds very believable and not at all like the rantings of a total hater/stan, just like your raging in the Blind thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beats me how somebody could go from 'shy' to 'sex abuser'. Yet more proof that shows the court charges don't weigh up (although better not say any more than that).

So, 'shy' people cannot be sex abusers, even in a situation where there is a power differential between they and their target, in the abuser's favour....
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    But just to play devils advocate here, I wouldn't say that that experience proves that taylor swift is not very nice rather just very self aware.

Or very vain....
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Or very vain....

It really seemed that way....
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I don't want to stir when there's no evidence, but I can see quite a few sociopathic traits in him.

Glasses required methinks. :)
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How exactly do you think 'sex abusers' normally behave?

Creepy and disturbing I'd say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Certainly when offending, yes.

In everyday life, many may seem normal and charming.
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Or very vain....

Agreed but not necessarily unkind.
    Forum Member
    J-Star wrote: »
    Agreed but not necessarily unkind.

Well...put it this way, lots of the fans in the audience traveled very far to see Taylor. The TV studio was in London and some traveled from Scotland (one girl was even from Paris and got a Eurostar here and planned her entire UK trip around attending this show).

I just feel like the fact that she couldn't spare a few mins to speak to the audience, like Jordin did, just goes to show how fake her whole act is when she is in front of the camera. And extremely, extremely vain of her to keep checking her make up every second of the bloody day.

A lot of audience members, after leaving the show, was quitedumbfounded, especially the far travelers. I mean, we were all expecting some kind of interaction with the guests of the show as it was an intimate small set. But anyway, it did completely change my view of her and now I feel she is extremely strategic about her public image. Whilst Jordin Sparks on the other hand, surprised us all with her low-key maintenance.
    Forum Member
    BoBo_Ling wrote: »
    Well...put it this way, lots of the fans in the audience traveled very far to see Taylor. The TV studio was in London and some traveled from Scotland (one girl was even from Paris and got a Eurostar here and planned her entire UK trip around attending this show).

I just feel like the fact that she couldn't spare a few mins to speak to the audience, like Jordin did, just goes to show how fake her whole act is when she is in front of the camera. And extremely, extremely vain of her to keep checking her make up every second of the bloody day.

A lot of audience members, after leaving the show, was quitedumbfounded, especially the far travelers. I mean, we were all expecting some kind of interaction with the guests of the show as it was an intimate small set. But anyway, it did completely change my view of her and now I feel she is extremely strategic about her public image. Whilst Jordin Sparks on the other hand, surprised us all with her low-key maintenance.

Yes that does seem very unfair I agree with you. I just think many of these celebrities are so self obsessed and live in a world where they are surrounded by "yes men" that they forget about the real world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

yes and people think he's really genuine but he just isn't
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member

Hands up those who ever saw the words "rolf, harris, creepy, disturbing" in the same sentence before June 2014?
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Hands up those who ever saw the words "rolf, harris, creepy, disturbing" in the same sentence before June 2014?

OH works for the prison service, and says that the frightening thing about sex offenders is how normal they are. The creepy, weird offenders are usually in for drugs-related offences. By and large, the rapists and child abusers are just your average-sort-of-bloke-down-the-pub.