124»

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Dodo.

She had two bad exits.

In the TV series. for the reason already stated by other posters.

In the spin-off media (the novel "Who Killed Kennedy" to be precise), where she is murdered by a pawn of the Master.
  • Options
    MarkiebMarkieb Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it has to be Collin Bakers by a mile
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sixth Doctor is inexplicably forced to regenerate after a crash landing which little Mel walked away from unscathed. (Although it's hinted that he may have fallen off the exercise bike.)

Yes he did fall off the excercise bike. According to Pip and Jane Baker who wrote Time and the Rani, when the Rani fired a beam at the Tardis, it caused "tumultuous buffeting". The Tardis shook about causing the Doctor to fall off the excercise bike, and bang his head on the console.

Then because the bang on the head knocked the Doctor unconscious, he was forced to change.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Yes he did fall off the excercise bike. According to Pip and Jane Baker who wrote Time and the Rani, when the Rani fired a beam at the Tardis, it caused "tumultuous buffeting". The Tardis shook about causing the Doctor to fall off the excercise bike, and bang his head on the console.

Then because the bang on the head knocked the Doctor unconscious, he was forced to change.
    Good old Pip, Jane and the Thesaurus. I always got the impression they would write something really basic and then rewrite it using a multitudinous agglomeration of spurious and tautological sesquipedalian synonyms.

JNT probably thought "Ooh, that sounds sophisticated." when he read the pretentious bollocks.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhoFan55 wrote: »
    I agree. There were people who complained about the 10th Doctor going on a farewell tour while in the midst of regenerating (and I didn't care for it myself) but the 11th Doctor does a similar thing. After all, he has time to walk back to the TARDIS, change his clothes, make himself fish sticks, chat with Clara, see a vision of young Amy, see a vision of older Amy, chat with Clara some more and then finally finishes regenerating.

Certainly in the Classic series, the regenerations were short and sweet. Now, the Doctor has time to go to Disneyland while he's in the middle of regenerating. :D

It wouldn't surprise me if one day they actually had The Doctor start to regenerate in the first episode of a Doctor's last Series and make it a Series Arc that lasts all the way through to the end of the run. Or knowing Moffat he'll probably string it over three years so a Doctor could have an Era Long regeneration! :D
    WhoFan55 wrote: »
    It's funny you should say that. I saved a funny article from an old "Doctor Who Magazine" which was a tongue-in-cheek look at what it takes to be a companion. Here's part of the article:

"Finally, it is advisable to plan the time and nature of your departure from the Doctor's company right away. It may seem premature, but failure to do this will result in him growing so sick of you that you will be summarily dumped in a wholly inappropriate locale. Past companions have been left on a planet of savages (Steven), with an intergalactic dodgy geezer in a freezer centre (Mel) and in Ancient Greece (Vicki).

The Doctor has even been known to invent Gallifreyan laws just to get a companion or two off his hands (Sarah Jane Smith). Worse still, the crafty old devil could marry you off to someone from another species entirely, with whom you've only just held hands (Susan, Leela)." :D

I love reading stuff like that! It's funny!

:D