Options

RESULTS: Digital Spy Ranks the Winners Singers!

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I asked you all to rank the winners singers 11 to 1, awarding 11 points to your favourite, 10 points to your second favourite, and so on. The voting thread is here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2033547&highlight=

The results are in! Shouldn't be too many surprises here.

11. Steve Brookstein - Against All Odds (Series 1, 2004) [102 points]

10. Leon Jackson - When You Believe (Series 4, 2007) [137 points]

9. Joe McElderry - The Climb (Series 6, 2009) [182 points]

8. Sam Bailey - Skyscraper (Series 10, 2013) [187 points]

=6. Matt Cardle - When We Collide (Series 7, 2010) [205 points]

=6. Little Mix - Cannonball (Series 8, 2011) [205 points]

5. James Arthur - Impossible (Series 9, 2012) [238 points]

4. Shayne Ward - That's My Goal (Series 2, 2005) [239 points]

3. Ben Haenow - Something I Need (Series 11, 2014) [242 points]

2. Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This (Series 3, 2006) [301 points]

1. Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah (Series 5, 2008) [327 points]

Comments

• Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You confused me as you put 'winners singers' - so I thought people were ranking the acts themselves and was surprised Joe was so low ;-)

Did people really not like Steve's song or has his reputation over the years put people off from ranking him higher :confused:

I actually can't remember how his song goes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suprised When We Collide is the same as Cannonball, WWC is a much superior single, I guess a lot depends on the act singing it too. I really like Ben's winners single so I'm glad people voted that higher. Also interesting at 'Hallelujah' at 1 seeing as DS put it as the worst winners single.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised but happy that Ben is 3rd
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    Suprised When We Collide is the same as Cannonball, WWC is a much superior single, I guess a lot depends on the act singing it too. I really like Ben's winners single so I'm glad people voted that higher. Also interesting at 'Hallelujah' at 1 seeing as DS put it as the worst winners single.

I liked Cannonball, but the song didn't suit Little Mix, it was too mature for them.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Willz wrote: »

I agree with DS on that to be honest.

Leonard Cohen = Great
    Jeff Buckley = Awesome
    Rufus Wainwright = Great

Any other version has fallen way short for me.

Ironically When We Collide & Cannonball are probably my two favourite winners singles if you are looking at the original. In terms of the cover versions I would have putt Matt Cardle ahead of Little Mix but the original songs are awesome.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hallelujah established a brand new UK chart record which Alex will always hold, as being the first single released in the UK by a British female to sell over 1 million copies.

It was also the biggest selling single by a British female until Adele recently overtook it. It also broke a European record for the fastest selling single in a 24 hour period.

It is also to date, the most successful winner's single released by an X Factor UK contestant.
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital spy already ranked the winners single & you forgot an extra 1 to Alexandra, 11th :D