Options

Which act has been the most successful?

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While 1D have their obvious success, Leona still stands alone as the only X Factor act to be recognised at the Grammy awards.

She is the only act to have achieved this level of critical acclaim. :)
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction, without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Options
    ShenaeBShenaeB Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    One Direction. :)
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is that even a question...???.. Anyone that doesn't say One Direction is stupid...

How is the thread even in existence?

It might as be "Who signed with Simon Cowell and has had the most marketing?"

A better question would be either about talent, or which contestant who didn't sign up with the puppet master has achieved the most since being on the show.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did everyone forget JLS?

JLS were more successful than Olly Murs.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    If 1D and Leona are the undisputed top two most successful, who do we reckon would be ranked third, all things considered?

I'd say Olly Murs.

I would say JLS.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say One Direction closely followed by Leona Lewis, then Olly Murs and JLS, with Little Mix or Ella Henderson also up there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I would say
    1d
    Leona
    Jls
    Olly
    Little mix
    Cher Loyd
    Ella
    Rebecca ferguson
    Same difference ( mild success )
    And yes even jedward and In the early days g4?

Looking at it quite a good mix tbh
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction.

But if we base it on time frame and things like that nobody has come close to the way Leona Lewis was. In 2008 she was literally known everywhere.

She had a number 1 in like 36 countries or something like that - One Direction haven't done that.

So yeah, actually, probably Leona Lewis.

yes they have, can't remember what number but definitely more. Both in the singles chart and albums
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction.

But if we base it on time frame and things like that nobody has come close to the way Leona Lewis was. In 2008 she was literally known everywhere.

She had a number 1 in like 36 countries or something like that - One Direction haven't done that.

So yeah, actually, probably Leona Lewis.

Having 1 big hit single and 1 hit album doesn't mean she's the biggest thing ever to come out of X Factor. When you add tour grosses, record sales, merchandise sales and other things together 1D will far surpass Leona Lewis. And are you saying 1D are not known everywhere? They've had huge success worldwide. Yes, as with Leona their two biggest markets are the UK and US but they are successful all over the world.
  • Options
    ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona was massive off her TALENT until syco messed everything up with her 2nd album and promo, not cause of horny teenage girls who need to get laid wasting there money, Just saying. :)

And i dont think 1D have been number 1 in 36 countrys to be honest. Maybe on the itunes chart but not in the official charts.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    modest says Take Me Home was no1 in 37 countries http://www.modestmanagement.com/one-direction
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction is also 2014 Billboard Artist of the Year:):kitty:
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The answer is One Direction, as their sales are the highest, the top 4 is clear.

1) One Direction
    2) Leona Lewis
    3) Olly Murs
    4) JLS
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    Leona was massive off her TALENT until syco messed everything up with her 2nd album and promo, not cause of horny teenage girls who need to get laid wasting there money, Just saying. :)
    I'm a 22 year old straight male who has bought 9 of One Direction's 15 singles to date. Go figure. There is such a thing as people genuinely enjoying their music but not fancying them.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    [/B]

I would say JLS.

I would agree with JLS being more successful than Olly. Although they were pitched firmly in boyband territory, they had some element of being considered credible which Olly Murs will never, ever have
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »

I would say JLS.

Olly and Alexandra are ahead of JLS. They never expanded outside of the UK whereas Alexandra had top 20s and 2 #1 singles in European countries, the same with Olly and he also had a minor hit in the US with Troublemaker whereas JLS flopped miserably.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Olly and Alexandra are ahead of JLS. They never expanded outside of the UK whereas Alexandra had top 20s and 2 #1 singles in European countries, the same with Olly and he also had a minor hit in the US with Troublemaker whereas JLS flopped miserably.

But JLS did have 4 albums to Alexandra's 2 - the second being a massive flop. I would say whilst Alexandra had mild international success as a whole she is restricted due to her period of success being so short.

Olly I'll give you though as he seems to be still doing well.

Ultimately though the biggest act to comes from the show is One Direction, followed by Leona and then Olly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But JLS did have 4 albums to Alexandra's 2 - the second being a massive flop. I would say whilst Alexandra had mild international success as a whole she is restricted due to her period of success being so short.

Olly I'll give you though as he seems to be still doing well.

Ultimately though the biggest act to comes from the show is One Direction, followed by Leona and then Olly

Releasing more albums isn't really a marker of success. The singles from JLS' 4th album flopped. Alex didn't do much promotion for her 2nd album due to Modest management and she still managed a #3 UK single and a #1 single in Greece with no promotion.

Alex's first era was so big that it eclipses JLS. She set a new UK chart record that will remain under her name forever and she also held another one that Adele recently clinched. Plus the album and singles sold internationally.

JLS never managed to get a platinum single whereas Alex got 2 from 1 album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, the delusion :D

JLS have been more sucessfull than Alexandra, did Alex's second album even manage 20k sales? Lol.

JLS have sold more than Alexadra [even with her 1.5m X-Factor winning single sales added on), and being #1 in a country that required 200 sales hardly counts as a determining factor as to who has been more successful, I'd take into account overall record [JLS wins], touring profit [JLS wins again] & merchandise/fandom [JLS wins yet again].

There is no way anyone could argue that Alexandra has been more successful than JLS, who have 4 albums, many selling singles, whereas Alexandra only has 5 maximum sucessful singles & 2 albums [well 1 album really and an extra 20k sales ^_^ ]

:kitty:

I agree that Olly is likely to be ahead of JLS, although it's close, but within 6 months he definitely will be as his new album & singles are selling very well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, the delusion :D

JLS have been more sucessfull than Alexandra, did Alex's second album even manage 20k sales? Lol.

I didn't see you mention JLS' UK chart records and international chart placings? Where were those again? :kitty:

I guess JLS didn't do so badly for a local act, but they're not international like 1D, Leona, Alex and Olly. Oh well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see you mention JLS' UK chart records and international chart placings? Where were those again? :kitty:

I guess JLS didn't do so badly for a local act, but they're not international like 1D, Leona, Alex and Olly. Oh well.

Alex is hardly international, she can't even sell here, let alone elsewhere! Her second album only just managed to chart here, Ireland & Scottland, lol. You all jump at her being 'international' because her song 'Tonight' sold around 1000 copies in greece :D

Well JLS's millions more record sales top a few thousand sales in a few countries :blush::blush::blush:

The fact is that JLS are more successful than her, it's laughable to argue otherwise :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

4 top 3 UK albums, 2 albums of which went to #1.
    5 top 10 albums, far better than Alex's 1 top 10 album :kitty: :o

But yeah you're right, JLS do sell more & chart more highly than Alex in both Scottland & Ireland also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what annoys me about AB fans, she has charted like #50 with 'Overcome' or even around #25 in a country where barely any sales qualify.

Alexandra Overcome Worldwide sales: 1.5m
    Alexandra Burke second album worldwide sales: 25k

AB Overall: 1.5m

JLS first album worldwide sales: 1.5m
    JLS second album worldwide sales: 700k
    Jls third album worldwide sales: 400k
    JLS fourth album worldwide sales: 200k
    JLS fifth album worldwide sales: 85k

JLSOverall album sales: 2.9M

2.9M V 1.5M ??? :confused:

JLS basically double in terms of success AB :O

so JLS's first album in the UK alone tally's up to ALL of Alexandra Burke's album sales, and then JLS's single sales beat Alex also.. Being 'international' [hardly?] doesn't matter if you don't sell well internationally..

It's like saying AB is more successful than Take That because shes 'international' :D:D:D:D