Brand new Medium?

mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
Forum Member
Just noticed that a week tonight BBC One are showing an episode of "Medium" that i don't think has been on before in this country.

Is this the really short new series?

Comments

• MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Yes this is the first episode of the new series to BBC One.

The first episode deals with some strong subject matter, and starts the ball rolling on a great new season of the show. It is a shame that it was cut short due to the writers strike - but you still get 16 episodes.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And a pity that BBC HD are not showing this in HD either.
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    And a pity that BBC HD are not showing this in HD either.

I'm not bothered about it being in HD, at least i can watch it without having to subscribe to anything - and without adverts.
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    Yes this is the first episode of the new series to BBC One.

The first episode deals with some strong subject matter, and starts the ball rolling on a great new season of the show. It is a shame that it was cut short due to the writers strike - but you still get 16 episodes.

Thanks for this, looking forward to it!
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    mikw wrote: »
    I'm not bothered about it being in HD, at least i can watch it without having to subscribe to anything - and without adverts.
    BBC HD is FTA, no adverts and no subscription is required. ;)

You will still be paying for it through the TV license so effectively it's not free.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R1 DVD is out 9/9 so I’ll be blasting through a season in a week soon!

Great telly - Glen Gordon Caron roolz!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Oh god season 4 of Medium rocks and takes it to some really dark, unexpected places. The entire team behind this show should be applauded at making proper grown up tv that doesn't insult the intelligence of the audience. I really can't wait for season 5 and may start watching it from the first episode on dvd again once I get season 4 in a run up to - hopefully - season 5 in 2009.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Oh god season 4 of Medium rocks and takes it to some really dark, unexpected places. The entire team behind this show should be applauded at making proper grown up tv that doesn't insult the intelligence of the audience. I really can't wait for season 5 and may start watching it from the first episode on dvd again once I get season 4 in a run up to - hopefully - season 5 in 2009.
    Yay really looking forward to this
  • FenixxFenixx Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    For god's sake! It's a good job I stumbled upon this thread! Talk about close. :eek:

I've been waiting and waiting for the BBC to show the new season for what seems like years, and then I nearly went and missed the bloody thing due to not seeing any information for weeks!

Series link set. Phew. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fenixx wrote: »
    For god's sake! It's a good job I stumbled upon this thread! Talk about close. :eek:

I've been waiting and waiting for the BBC to show the new season for what seems like years, and then I nearly went and missed the bloody thing due to not seeing any information for weeks!

I know, it's ridiculous isn't it, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen it on here. (luckily a while ago so not such a close call as you!)

Maybe because its a US show it can't get much of a mention from the very british beeb. :rolleyes:

I don't know why FIVE didn't go for it, at least they would actually advertise that it's on!
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Thank goodness for this thread - just set series link :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Can't believe the UK is so far behind for this show.

Everyone should follow Sky's example and air stuff only a day later, would cut out the download culture.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Euuuuuwwww!!! That was a bit Chucky/Childs Play wasn't it.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Fenixx wrote: »

Same here, thankfully my dear Dad rang to tell me it was on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Not sure if there is a review thread for this new series but last night's first episode was fantastic and a great start.

:)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anjelica Huston doesn’t appear in any old tat regardless of the money so it’s good to see someone like her taking part. Nice seal of approval.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnh777 wrote: »
    Not sure if there is a review thread for this new series but last night's first episode was fantastic and a great start.
    :)

Agreed! Loved it ~ although the mouse-headed doll-boy was bit :eek:
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was anyone else puzzled by the way they did the "previouslys", with (I assume) members of the public talking through how the last series ended? I don't think they've done that before - in fact, I can't recall any series doing that before... very strange... I thought it was going to be some kind of post-modern plot point, but apparently not...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was anyone else puzzled by the way they did the "previouslys", with (I assume) members of the public talking through how the last series ended? I don't think they've done that before - in fact, I can't recall any series doing that before... very strange... I thought it was going to be some kind of post-modern plot point, but apparently not...

I thought it was quite clever and original! Better that 3 minutes of "Previously on......" :D
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I really liked the novel intro. Just right for a show that is a drama about a real person! Blurs fact and fiction cleverly.

When the cop told Alison ' I googled you' I smiled as it left me wondering if she had googled the actress or the real Alison Dubois.

Which would Angelica Huston have found most believable?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    oh crap I missed the first episode on BBC1 :eek:
    can't see that it will be repeated soon :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    it never repeated on BBC one bar one ep once instead of politics (where you go from Medium to politics is anyone guess)
  • maramelia1972maramelia1972 Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Loved the previously's...very Glenn Gordon or should I:D say very Moonlighting...wonderful....I know there has been a lot of excitement about Prison Break returning but in my eyes this is the real gem of the week!!!!
  • maramelia1972maramelia1972 Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Loved the previously's...very Glenn Gordon or should I say very Moonlighting...wonderful....I know there has been a lot of excitement about Prison Break returning, but in my eyes this is the real gem of the week!!!!
    :):):)
    Forum Member
    Excellent first episode of the new season, looking forward to next weeks on Wednesday.