The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think her dancers look like random people off the street. And the sight of Jay just annoys me. Whole new team please. We keep saying it so lets hope it happens eventually. Sack the stylist, sack the choreographer.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I just think her dancers look like random people off the street. And the sight of Jay just annoys me. Whole new team please. We keep saying it so lets hope it happens eventually. Sack the stylist, sack the choreographer.

Yeah. They do. I don't like saying it, but if the stans are saying it, imagine what her haters/detractors are saying. Alex already gets bad press, this just adds fuel to the fire. IMO the dancers all have to blend. They can look different, but similar in physique and size. Look at this: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=cheryl+call+my+name+graham+norton+show&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=623&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=yDfdCSSauqyKCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a387546/cheryl-cole-tops-irish-singles-chart-with-call-my-name.html&docid=0Yusywvx2RWupM&imgurl=http://i2.cdnds.net/12/23/618x343/uktv_cheryl_cole_katy_perry_graham_norton_show_3.jpg&w=618&h=343&ei=EuPgT4P9IuyV0QX9odXZDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=283&vpy=156&dur=1954&hovh=167&hovw=302&tx=175&ty=112&sig=115321837513007110429&page=1&tbnh=98&tbnw=176&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:80 and this: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=beyonce+revel&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=623&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=pq7jSkg9afVlLM:&imgrefurl=http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/05/business-beyonce-continues-rock-revel/&docid=x4rkaINDR77mHM&imgurl=http://cdn.thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/beyonce-revel-atlantic-city-comeback-e1338144557768.jpg&w=500&h=332&ei=RuPgT-f1PMak0QWF4czZDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=394&vpy=279&dur=114&hovh=183&hovw=276&tx=149&ty=90&sig=115321837513007110429&page=3&tbnh=134&tbnw=174&start=49&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:49,i:276 http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=beyonce+revel&start=105&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=623&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=qVQA4X1e-iwvxM:&imgrefurl=http://www.rnbmusicblog.com/beyonce-atlantic-city/28140/&docid=g45deKUulSHv-M&imgurl=http://www.rnbmusicblog.com/pics/Beyonce-Revel.png&w=600&h=332&ei=iOPgT4fWKufG0QWizrHZDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1017&vpy=114&dur=2899&hovh=167&hovw=302&tx=206&ty=75&sig=115321837513007110429&page=5&tbnh=93&tbnw=168&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:105,i:172 compared to this: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=alexandra+burke+let+it+go&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1366&bih=623&tbm=isch&tbnid=0KK5BIJMgq1oRM:&imgrefurl=http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a376306/alexandra-burke-debuts-new-single-let-it-go-listen.html&docid=k7sXUVCb1XoACM&imgurl=http://i2.cdnds.net/12/15/618x387/showbiz_alexandra_burke_let_it_go_set_1.jpg&w=618&h=387&ei=4ePgT4OhBq-z0QWk2OHaDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=566&vpy=154&dur=1370&hovh=178&hovw=284&tx=149&ty=82&sig=115321837513007110429&page=1&tbnh=131&tbnw=185&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:79. Alex looks gorgeous as always, but ya know...I can't be having her contemporaries (Bey gets a pass ;)) outdoing her on her ground. It's just not right.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I'm saying it, because people like her moves and not Alex's. There are basic things any performer ought to have that Alex doesn't. And the moves are one of them.She might mime, but her moves are better. Alex matched her, but that ended with Broken Heels. People are buying cheryl and say she's a great dancer, they aren't saying or doing that for Alex. Beyonce doesn't mime, sure she has playback like everyone else, but look at the moves, End of time, and Run The world alone. It's on point. The choreographer is a mess. Alex will always be compared to Cheryl, it is the way of things. I'm referring mainly to her dancers, their moves are basic.

YEAH look at the moves because that's ALL she can do. Alex can do all that and more, but she has barriers in the industry, you can't keep comparing them because the logic and circumstances don't add up.

Alex has proved that she can do big dance routines and sing live...Just look at Bad Boys on X Factor or even BB and ANL. Times have changed for Alex because of misfortune, but saying Cheryl this Cheryl that does not make sense at all....and tbh it's kind of annoying...

Alex needs a high profile choreographer....I'm sure if Cheryl was stuck with J Revell then it would be no different to what Alex is having to endure but she isn't because she hasn't been snubbed and has a good budget/team around her.....Alex needs to work to get these things back for herself which I believe (and hope) she is currently doing in secret.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    YEAH look at the moves because that's ALL she can do. Alex can do all that and more, but she has barriers in the industry, you can't keep comparing them because the logic and circumstances don't add up.

Alex has proved that she can do big dance routines and sing live...Just look at Bad Boys on X Factor or even BB and ANL. Times have changed for Alex because of misfortune, but saying Cheryl this Cheryl that does not make sense at all....and tbh it's kind of annoying...

Alex needs a high profile choreographer....I'm sure if Cheryl was stuck with J Revell then it would be no different to what Alex is having to endure but she isn't because she hasn't been snubbed and has a good budget/team around her.....Alex needs to work to get these things back for herself which I believe (and hope) she is currently doing in secret.

I was referring to Bey in that BIB. It's not Alex's fault, but Jay's. Where is his inspiration?Alex can do it, but people move on, very quickly. I'll keep saying it, because it has to be said. All they need is a bit of adjustment with outfits. The tops can't be so tight around her stomach. I don't even think they're made for Alex, just brought/bought to/for her. Alex needs JaQuel. He is awesome. Frank is good, but can be problematic. Jay's routines do nothing.
    Forum Member
    Also, I said it because people have said: 'I like the song, but her performances have made me love it, I'm gonna buy her album'. Alex had that with BB and BH, but not since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was referring to Bey in that BIB. It's not Alex's fault, but Jay's. Where is his inspiration?Alex can do it, but people move on, very quickly. I'll keep saying it, because it has to be said. All they need is a bit of adjustment with outfits. The tops can't be so tight around her stomach. I don't even think they're made for Alex, just brought/bought to/for her. Alex needs JaQuel. He is awesome. Frank is good, but can be problematic. Jay's routines do nothing.

But this isn't realistic.....she needs to work on things little by little. In the same way she can't just go to Europe/US, she can't just switch up everything at the drop of a hat....she needs to do it little by little, and tbh this era can't be saved anyway so she needs to ride this out, sack the whole team when the era is done and come hard for a 3rd album. She cannot re-release this album tbh, it would just bring back the flop stuff again...

She needs to start fresh with a new label, new image, new team, new everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I said it because people have said: 'I like the song, but her performances have made me love it, I'm gonna buy her album'. Alex had that with BB and BH, but not since.

I know we're talking about dancing but, I think vocally her performances this era have been A LOT weaker than Overcome era. She used to sound so polished and amazing. I know it's probably because she does have more choreography with these new tracks but still.. I don't think live performances have been up to scratch. The only one I have liked is the Friday Download performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These are the same people that are hating on Alex and calling her arrogant. She is not perceived as 'cool' at the moment so she needs to ride this era out and revamp her image completely and totally...

I also think Alex should get an ITV2 show where they follow her in the US recording her 3rd album....it could change a few opinions about her personality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we're talking about dancing but, I think vocally her performances this era have been A LOT weaker than Overcome era. She used to sound so polished and amazing. I know it's probably because she does have more choreography with these new tracks but still.. I don't think live performances have been up to scratch. The only one I have liked is the Friday Download performance.

Because this era she has been doing it ALL completely live with low backing tracks which is incredible imo. In the Overcome era she mimed or used some pre-recorded vocals to sing along with in some of her performances, like BH on So You Think You Can Dance and All Night Long a few times too...

This time around I don't think RCA have a big enough budget for extra pre-recorded vocals (lol) so she's been doing it all raw and live with minimal backing vocals and to me she's sounded pretty good considering.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this hyde park concert gets televised! The audience will be huge! Plus a new tv appearance is needed, the only confirmed one so far for the whole summer is T4OTB :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because this era she has been doing it ALL completely live with low backing tracks which is incredible imo. In the Overcome era she mimed and used some pre-recorded vocals in some of her performances, like BH on So You Think You Can Dance and All Night Long a few times too...

This time around I don't think RCA have a big enough budget for extra pre-recorded vocals (lol) so she's been doing it all raw and live with minimal backing vocals and to me she's sounded pretty good considering.

If the track was louder I would like them so much more. But for me, because it's so quiet, she sounds too loud over the track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we're talking about dancing but, I think vocally her performances this era have been A LOT weaker than Overcome era. .
    I completely agree on this, her performances during the overcome era were vocally more consistant. This era has been very hit and miss, probably due to lack of sleep and working hard. I hope shes warming up her voice properly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    I hope this hyde park concert gets televised! The audience will be huge! Plus a new tv appearance is needed, the only confirmed one so far for the whole summer is T4OTB :/

I think it might get shown on BT Vision but I'm not sure about Sky and the rest....I hope they do as Alex needs this moment. I'm still devastated that we didn't get to see her Scream performance from the MJ Tribute on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the track was louder I would like them so much more. But for me, because it's so quiet, she sounds too loud over the track.

This is RCA's fault for poorly editing the performance tracks. In the Overcome era she at the very least had some pre-recorded vocals to strengthen her voice while she was dancing....or sometimes when the routine was a bit more intense she did actually mime a couple of performances...but on the whole she would sing along to pre-recorded vocals which made her voice sound A LOT better while dancing....

She needs to get back to these polished performances with 20 dancers on stage and fast routines....not the 4 same dancers every time plus J Revell....it just doesn't cut it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might get shown on BT Vision but I'm not sure about Sky and the rest....I hope they do as Alex needs this moment. I'm still devastated that we didn't get to see her Scream performance from the MJ Tribute on TV.
    I have sky :/ I hope its gets shown on BBC or something, even the interactive red button would do as I could still record it. And the whole MJ concert thing was a mess! Everyone was waiting for it to come on all day and then they showed something completely different :sleep:
    Forum Member
    But this isn't realistic.....she needs to work on things little by little. In the same way she can't just go to Europe/US, she can't just switch up everything at the drop of a hat....she needs to do it little by little, and tbh this era can't be saved anyway so she needs to ride this out, sack the whole team when the era is done and come hard for a 3rd album. She cannot re-release this album tbh, it would just bring back the flop stuff again...

She needs to start fresh with a new label, new image, new team, new everything.

It is, because it all should've been planned immediately. Elephant had its UK promo, and then she should've hit Europe till May (from late March), then UK promo for LIG and europe gets the radio treatment, which ought to make it sell. Then she's in the US from May to August, how Cher is now. It's all about planning. Big ass gaps doing nothing seems pointless. I'd have ideas of what I want to perform in. It can be cheap, what *god forbid* Cheryl was wearing that top (my friend has one and I can't remember what they're called) on Norton, in black with black tights; but needs inspiration and needs to fit her right. I'd film my rehearsal so i can see how I look on playback.

Alex shouldn't have to ride things out. This lack of focus has almost cost her her career.
    These are the same people that are hating on Alex and calling her arrogant. She is not perceived as 'cool' at the moment so she needs to ride this era out and revamp her image completely and totally...

I also think Alex should get an ITV2 show where they follow her in the US recording her 3rd album....it could change a few opinions about her personality.

I agree about the 2nd bit, but people hate her anyway, and have preconceived ideas about her personality. She sits there and gets hate, even when she's quiet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is, because it all should've been planned immediately. Elephant had its UK promo, and then she should've hit Europe till May (from late March), then UK promo for LIG and europe gets the radio treatment, which ought to make it sell. Then she's in the US from May to August, how Cher is now. It's all about planning. Big ass gaps doing nothing seems pointless. I'd have ideas of what I want to perform in. It can be cheap, what *god forbid* Cheryl was wearing that top (my friend has one and I can't remember what they're called) on Norton, in black with black tights; but needs inspiration and needs to fit her right. I'd film my rehearsal so i can see how I look on playback.

Alex shouldn't have to ride things out. This lack of focus has almost cost her her career.

She can't just up and leave to Europe like this, it's unrealistic. And Cher's US debut (and 1D's) has taken a year to plan, and even now she isn't that far up the iTunes chart yet. These things have to be done exactly right as there isn't really a second chance. Once you flop in the US you flop tbh, and that reputation is hard to get rid of, so she can't just rush over there for the sake of it, and personally the HOH material is not strong enough for the US.

She could have maybe done Europe during the summer, but RCA never had long-term plans for Alex from the outset, so there realistically is not anything else she can do except ride this out and look for another (better) label which is actually willing to take her international and give more than a £50 budget. I want Alex to do all those things as much as you do, but they NEED to be done the right way...
    Forum Member
    She can't just up and leave to Europe like this, it's unrealistic. And Cher's US debut (and 1D's) has taken a year to plan, and even now she isn't that far up the iTunes chart yet. These things have to be done exactly right as there isn't really a second chance. Once you flop in the US you flop tbh, and that reputation is hard to get rid of, so she can't just rush over there for the sake of it, and personally the HOH material is not strong enough for the US.

She could have maybe done Europe during the summer, but RCA never had long-term plans for Alex from the outset, so there realistically is not anything else she can do except ride this out and look for another (better) label which is actually willing to take her international and give more than a £50 budget. I want Alex to do all those things as much as you do, but they NEED to be done the right way...

They do, but that's a basic business plan. The money will come in if they do it right. Adele did the same thing with her albums. In fact with 21 she launched in Holland first. I want them all to happen, but 1D had a strong business plan. You can tell who has one (if at all) and who doesn't. Look at Gaga for example. (i know she's a big star, but her and Alex came around at the same time).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do, but that's a basic business plan. The money will come in if they do it right. Adele did the same thing with her albums. In fact with 21 she launched in Holland first. I want them all to happen, but 1D had a strong business plan. You can tell who has one (if at all) and who doesn't. Look at Gaga for example. (i know she's a big star, but her and Alex came around at the same time).

The difference is GaGa was backed up by RedOne, Akon, Vincent Herbert and Jimmy Iovine....If Simon had gone to America talking about Alex and showing her duet with Beyoncé on Oprah or something like he did with Leona, then she would have been set, but he didn't....

Alex will only get one shot at the US, and she needs to be with a label who will do everything they can to make her a success there and Syco/RCA are not doing that..
    Forum Member
    The difference is GaGa was backed up by RedOne, Akon, Vincent Herbert and Jimmy Iovine....If Simon had gone to America talking about Alex and showing her duet with Beyoncé on Oprah or something like he did with Leona, then she would have been set, but he didn't....

Alex will only get one shot at the US, and she needs to be with a label who will do everything they can to make her a success there and Syco/RCA are not doing that..

True. I suppose you only get all that if they like you. And Alex didn't have that. Winning XF was a blessing and a curse.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl a good dancer? She's as stuff as a board.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Who is Beenie Man?
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Who is Beenie Man?

He's a Grammy award winning Jamaican reggae artist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenie_Man
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Alex used to use pre recorded vocals fru overcome era! She did with bad boys on uk x factor, bh on so you think you can dance, start without you on that magic show! She's just a good mimer but in places if u watch carefully she ****s up. This era has been all live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She messed up on her first BB performance on XF.
This discussion has been closed.