When I turn my ipod touch off...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
Forum Member
All the app icons on the home screen seem to move. All the folders I create are no longer there and everything moves to different pages.

Is that supposed to happen?

Comments

• stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, that is not ment to happen.
    The icons should only wiggle when you are editing the apps/folders.
    How are you turning you iPod off?

You should be pressing and holding the wake/sleep button on top of the iPod until are red slider apears (where the unlock slider is) you then slide the red slider and the iPod turns off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    No, that is not ment to happen.
    The icons should only wiggle when you are editing the apps/folders.
    How are you turning you iPod off?

You should be pressing and holding the wake/sleep button on top of the iPod until are red slider apears (where the unlock slider is) you then slide the red slider and the iPod turns off.
    Thanks.

Yeah that's what I do (in bold), and when I turn it back on the icons are all in different positions.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's enough to put it into a sleep mode, you do not have to turn it off completely. And it should keep the changed layout, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    It's enough to put it into a sleep mode, you do not have to turn it off completely. And it should keep the changed layout, too.

Quite, and fully turning it off, then back on again consumes far more battery than just leaving it in standby would.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Matt-08 wrote: »
    Quite, and fully turning it off, then back on again consumes far more battery than just leaving it in standby would.

That depends on how long it is turned fully off for.

One thing for sure is that turning it on after it has been turned fully off requires it to run at maximum power for half a minute or so as it boots up the OS, and as a result, the indicated battery level after doing so will likely be somewhat lower than it was before it was turned off (but it may well climb after it is turned on if you don't run anything intensive on it).

Putting it into the normal standby mode allows near instant startup with no additional battery drain, but it will be using a small amount of power to maintain that mode.

Unless you are not going to use the device for over a full day, then I reckon the best policy is just to put it into standby.