Options

*SPOILERS* main character leaving *SPOILERS*

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
there is speculation that
Amy Pond

is leaving at the break of series 6 but do we really want it to be a knock off of the brilliant ending to the pandorica opens or do we want them to leave by saving the doctor

i no that we no this information was just asking a question

Comments

• Options
    FacepalmerFacepalmer Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    here_2_c_u wrote: »
    Amy Pond

is leaving at the break of series 6 but do we really want it to be a knock off of the brilliant ending to the pandorica opens or do we want them to leave by saving the doctor

Where did you hear that? Was it from a reliable source? I like that person but life would go on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all due respect we're in the Doctor Who silly season at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised to see a rumor in the tabloids that the Doctor is going to trade the TARDIS in for a unicorn and start up a My Little Pony refurbishment business.

As for that particular rumor, IF it's true while I like that character a hell of a lot I've got complete confidence that The Moff would give us both a compelling story and a damn good reason for them leaving. But stuff it, for at least the next few months until we've got set reports or something more concrete than the Sun making up whatever nonsense they can to sell papers I'd suggest just ignoring the rumours.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Illiteracy is KEWL.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think she probably is leaving yes. its the most logical reason for why they are splitting the series, i doubt we will ever get a companian to last a full two series anymore! think rose was a one-off, and even then, it wasnt with the same doctor!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    i think she probably is leaving yes. its the most logical reason for why they are splitting the series, i doubt we will ever get a companian to last a full two series anymore! think rose was a one-off, and even then, it wasnt with the same doctor!

She said she was filming for 9 months for the next series in Radio Times IIRC.
  • Options
    reeleyreeley Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    and then there is the matter of the contract that said character has allegedly signed which would take said character well beyond the split.

I do not, for an instant, believe that the BBC would want to change this very successful formula. There may be a cliffhanger that leads us to belive this concept to be the case but then it will be all sorted post the mid term brak.

Kind of like we saw a character dead only to be magically alive by series end. (in fact, that was two characters dead, and then magically alive later......)

As smiddlehurst said, we are in silly season.
  • Options
    Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reeley wrote: »
    and then there is the matter of the contract that said character has allegedly signed which would take said character well beyond the split.

I do not, for an instant, believe that the BBC would want to change this very successful formula. There may be a cliffhanger that leads us to belive this concept to be the case but then it will be all sorted post the mid term brak.

Kind of like we saw a character dead only to be magically alive by series end. (in fact, that was two characters dead, and then magically alive later......)

As smiddlehurst said, we are in silly season.

They better not do this to me again - If you are going to kill someone, don't make it a false death for the 3rd time - there's a little fable of crying wolf....

Don't dash my hopes for the third time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should also be noted Gillan is useless at lying about this stuff. When asked after Cold Blood if Rory was gone for good she fell about laughing then said "No?" while still giggling.

If she said she's doing the whole series, she is.
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't we have this discussion over a lengthy period about a week ago?
  • Options
    Stevief86Stevief86 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a rumor in the tabloids that the Doctor is going to trade the TARDIS in for a unicorn and start up a My Little Pony refurbishment business.

Ssshhhhh!!!!! That's supposed to be a secret!....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Monster101 wrote: »

Well they were considering splitting the last series in two, didn't happen. I personally think it's the usual old rubbish being trotted out.

As posted numerous times elsewhere, it's unlikely to be
    MS or KG, as both signed 3 year contracts, with options for a further 2 years. If anyone, I suspect it will be Rory
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they were considering splitting the last series in two, didn't happen. I personally think it's the usual old rubbish being trotted out.

As posted numerous times elsewhere, it's unlikely to be
    MS or KG, as both signed 3 year contracts, with options for a further 2 years. If anyone, I suspect it will be Rory
    If he does die I will not care. He has died 3 times already, only to be revealed he lived!

1. Shot by old woman
    2. Shot by Silurian woman ( Women. They just keep at it don't they?)
    3. Burned in warehouse fire.

He dies to much!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    If he does die I will not care. He has died 3 times already, only to be revealed he lived!

1. Shot by old woman
    2. Shot by Silurian woman ( Women. They just keep at it don't they?)
    3. Burned in warehouse fire.

He dies to much!

or not enough! :D
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't we have this discussion over a lengthy period about a week ago?

And the week before...honestly, this level of deja-vu is going to confirm my worries about encroaching dementia if it continues...and why does this have "Spoiler" in the title when it is, in fact, unconfirmed rumour from somewhere else? Oh...did I just open the "Spoiler" Pandorica again? :o:D
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they may lose Amy but she won't die. The second half of the season could be the Doctor and Rory setting out to find her. Imagine how interesting it could be if Amy was having her own seperate adventures for a while, away from the Doctor. I don't think that's ever been done before on Who, has it? It would certainly be something different.
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they may lose Amy but she won't die. The second half of the season could be the Doctor and Rory setting out to find her. Imagine how interesting it could be if Amy was having her own seperate adventures for a while, away from the Doctor. I don't think that's ever been done before on Who, has it? It would certainly be something different.

Well, it was done in The Romans in 1965...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member

What about Martha Jones, in Last of the Time Lords, developed in the novel The Story of Martha ?
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

Interesting idea-they could do this for the "Doc-Lite" story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    here_2_c_u wrote: »
    Amy Pond

If it's only speculation how can it be a spoiler?