Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    ERM WHY WASN'T FIRE NOT THE LEAD SINGLE??? It puts Elephant to shame. THAT SONG HAS #1 SMASH ALL OVER IT!

To be honest, Elephant had #1 smash written all over it...but radio politics stopped it from reaching its full potential. :sleep:

And Let It Go has number 1 smash written all over it too...but it looks unlikely that it'll reach there. :cry:
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    ERM WHY WASN'T FIRE NOT THE LEAD SINGLE??? It puts Elephant to shame. THAT SONG HAS #1 SMASH ALL OVER IT!

I thought this...
    Fire is my jam, should have been released as lead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Should have gone IMO

Fire
    Between The Sheets (Featuring a male vocalist)
    Elephant

that would have been good and it switches it around abit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daylight Robbery is my favourite from the album, judging by the samples. :)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    Should have gone IMO

Fire
    Between The Sheets(Featuring a male vocalist)
    Elephant

that would have been good and it switches it around abit

Yes, I thought this too! Must happen.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still haven't listened to any of the previews. Want to be totally surprised when I first play the album.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Still haven't listened to any of the previews. Want to be totally surprised when I first play the album.

How?!?!?!?! You must be made of steel....I can't stop replaying them lol :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Albums usually leak a week before release date... and it's out 1st June in Ireland so maybe we could expect a leak this week :O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Albums usually leak a week before release date... and it's out 1st June in Ireland so maybe we could expect a leak this week :O

I think next week....we'll be getting the album very very soon though :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    How?!?!?!?! You must be made of steel....I can't stop replaying them lol :eek::D

I have good willpower. :p Liking the sound of the album from the posts on here. :cool:
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

How? I know i wouldn't be aboe to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have good willpower. :p Liking the sound of the album from the posts on here. :cool:

I guess you took the album name literally...putting hearbreak on hold...on hold lol :p

I think you'll like it...I can't wait for the CD to arrive :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess you took the album name literally...putting hearbreak on hold...on hold lol :p

I think you'll like it...I can't wait for the CD to arrive :D:D:D

The Silence is killing me. :cry: But I'll Overcome the hurdles in life and listen to a new Perfect album on June 4th. I hope it is Fire and something money can't buy. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since the snippets were released, it's all I've listened to... repeat all the time.

It's such a feel good album and I have grown to love 'This love will survive' .... Reminds me of Usher - Without You slightly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Silence is killing me. :cry: But I'll Overcome the hurdles in life and listen to a new Perfect album on June 4th. I hope it is Fire and something money can't buy. ;):D

Don't worry about The Silence, just Let It Go and let the album make you Oh La La, you'll be Sitting On Top Of The World once you hear it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope the deluxe tracks are as good as all the songs on HOH
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry about The Silence, just Let It Go and let the album make you Oh La La, you'll be Sitting On Top Of The World once you hear it :p

I hope I am. I'm on the edge of glory here, I want to Just Dance. Oh wait wrong singer.;):o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The tonight demo is so flawless.... love it so much.
  • Options
    lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    between the sheets next single maybe ft neyo or bruno mars
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tonight demo is so flawless.... love it so much.

The only thing I disliked in that was DJ SMASH A B all the way through haha, and it sounded slightly autotuned... BUT the album version doesn't which makes me happy. I LOVE the song though, so so good! :D
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rolling 7-Day Chart Update

Radio

98 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Label: RCA
    Plays: 994
    Impacts: 8.35m
    LW Position: 100

TV

29 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Label: RCA
    Plays: 238
    LW Position: 29

Pre-Order Chart Update for HOH

Tesco: #10
    Play: #5
    HMV: #20
    Amazon: #31
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    those pre-orders looks promosing, ! not too keen on Radio though

I just downloaded the samples and they;re on my ipod now! Gonna jam to those at school today haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Thanks djc_22 for the rolling updates, I'm really excited about HOH, I think it's going to shock people with how well it will do (as usual), not sure about LIG though because its such a competitive week with Lawson and Gary Barlow plus the strong singles from this week and the week after release...still, i'm hoping for the best!!

Meanwhile, that stylist has got to go like yesterday!! He's bloody horrible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    those pre-orders looks promosing, ! not too keen on Radio though

I just downloaded the samples and they;re on my ipod now! Gonna jam to those at school today haha

Same, I downloaded it last night and it's on my ipod now too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gomz wrote: »
    Thanks djc_22 for the rolling updates, I'm really excited about HOH, I think it's going to shock people with how well it will do (as usual), not sure about LIG though because its such a competitive week with Lawson and Gary Barlow plus the strong singles from this week and the week after release...still, i'm hoping for the best!!

Meanwhile, that stylist has got to go like yesterday!! He's bloody horrible!

No bother :)

I'm a bit worried about LIG too. It needs to get a move on in the airplay chart but I think top 10 is guaranteed for it. Hoping for a top 5 though.
This discussion has been closed.