Comments

• O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    They are now, good game so far.

Ward-Prowse looks a good player.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic back-heel from Tadic to play Cline in - and played through, of all people, Lovren.

Liverpool could lose this match, they look really sluggish.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly not what I had expected, Southampton could be winning this with better finishing.
    Can't ignore Sterling for a second though, he's always looking to make something happen..even if it rarely comes off. Very exciting player.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Southampton very unlucky today!
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Southampton very unlucky today!

Yes, early days but I think any fears about them struggling should prove unfounded.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Yes, early days but I think any fears about them struggling should prove unfounded.

On the basis of this performance yes, but what can anyone really tell from 8 matches into the first weekend of games ;)
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares if someone looks old, he really isn't that old you know.

And looking old didn't stop Sir Alex now did it.

The background is that i think the way forward is to go for someone in their forties. I thinnk 62 is too old. Time for people to start slowing down, and taking it easy. Football managers need to be young and thrusting.
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Football managers need to be young and thrusting.

Van Gaal seems to be pretty thrusting here - http://t.co/gmwIaIGGRd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

A friend of mine is a Southampton fan and left me puzzled when he told me that he didn't think the many outgoings at St Mary's would put them at greater risk of relegation.

On today's evidence, he was absolutely right.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The background is that i think the way forward is to go for someone in their forties. I thinnk 62 is too old. Time for people to start slowing down, and taking it easy. Football managers need to be young and thrusting.
    The fact you repeatedly trot this nonsense out despite all the evidence to the contrary people have tried in vain to bring to your attention shows that age clearly isn't the sole hindrance of mental capacity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Newcastle v Man City match has been awful so far.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to see Man Utd lose maybe they should Sack the Manager :D
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And City take the lead. Totally against the run of play to be fair.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of huffing and puffing from both teams but little quality*.

*Cue a Toure goal from 40 yards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Man city bore me tbh
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's fair to say, the top 7 haven't been at full gear on the opening weekend. City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, United and Everton have all looked at least a little out of sorts.

Let's see what Chelsea offer tomorrow.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say, the top 7 haven't been at full gear on the opening weekend. City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, United and Everton have all looked at least a little out of sorts.

Let's see what Chelsea offer tomorrow.

Looks like they are going top. They've played quite well after the shock opener.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised that no player has scored more than once so far this opening weekend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Looks like they are going top. They've played quite well after the shock opener.

Quite well?

They've been sublime.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    If there's one Chelsea player I'm jealous of, it's Matic. Does his job so well.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Quite well?

They've been sublime.

It's only Burnley.
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea look pretty good, Costa, Fabregas and Courtois, goal was a bit flaky but he is arguably the best keeper in the league.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The top 4 has sorted itself out pretty quickly. What odds can I get on the same 4 in the same order at the end of the season?
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    It's only Burnley.

They can only play what's in front of them. Exactly the type of game they struggled in last year too.

Credit to Mourinho he's bought well and it looks like he's got rid of the nonsense defensive play and gone back to playing how they did 10 year ago. The team to beat this year for me.
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Surprised that no player has scored more than once so far this opening weekend

Berahino
This discussion has been closed.